Dog Experts: I need advice!

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 10:28 PM

Car Info: 2006 WRX STI
Originally Posted by VRT MBasile
You still have to consider where the ingredients are coming from. Chicken from the USA is not the same as Chicken from China. Diamond pet food had a huge recall a few years back due to tainted ingredients. This was before the last major recall.

Oh, and Eagle was recently merged with Wellness and sold I believe to a holdings company. The new brand (I forget what it was being called) is most likely going to be sold in the near future, so watch out for new formulas.

Kirkland brand itself was also on the last major recall.
When then are you saying that Innova doesn't use any of that and Eagle and Diamond does?
Old 07-27-2009, 10:29 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Originally Posted by ipozestu
Where the hell do you guys buy your dog food? I've never heard of any of this stuff. My dog is allergic to everything. I have to feed her Dick Van Patten's Natural Balance L.I.D. Limited Ingredient Diets. I also supplement Dinovite and Omega 3's cause once again she's allergic to everything.

Sidenote: For those who don't feed Dinovite it's great stuff. Help with itching, shedding, stink. She loves it...
http://www.dinovite.com/
Where do you get yours? I have one more free bag waiting for me down in Monterey at the store I used to work at, but after that I'm going to need to find a new source. I may try Canidae since the store near me has it and they have a high protein chicken formula (which is the only thing Kramer will wolf down most consistently)
Old 07-27-2009, 10:29 PM

find your dog some food it likes! just keep trying. I feed my dog half n half each meal as she gets picky about the dry food.......but if shes realy hungry shell eat it. If the dog is given a lot of "people food" that can be a reason.
Old 07-27-2009, 10:33 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Broken Subarus
Where do you get yours? I have one more free bag waiting for me down in Monterey at the store I used to work at, but after that I'm going to need to find a new source. I may try Canidae since the store near me has it and they have a high protein chicken formula (which is the only thing Kramer will wolf down most consistently)
Petco yo!!! They have what I need so I'm good. Anjan probably has what you're lookin for.
http://www.anjan.com/
Old 07-27-2009, 10:35 PM

Car Info: 2005 WRX - Stage 2 and EQ Tuned!
We have fed my lab/whippet mix Canidae since he was 1 and a half when we got him. He has now moved on to Senior. He absolutely loves it (he'll eat anything though) and has been really healthy since we've had him.
Old 07-27-2009, 10:36 PM
VIP Member

Petco yo!!! They have what I need so I'm good. Anjan probably has what you're lookin for.
http://www.anjan.com/
If a local store sells Natural Balance check their price, the store I used to work at was cheaper than petco.

I know AnJan doesn't carry the cans I feed him (Merrick) but I may go back and browse their kibble.
Old 07-27-2009, 10:37 PM
VIP Member

This cracks me up. Here we sit yapping about our pets health. I just had a pulled pork sandwich with dill pickles and cole slaw, baked beans, and corn on the cob, 22oz Stone IPA, half a bottle of Cabernet, and a Marlboro Light.

Last edited by ipozestu; 07-27-2009 at 10:56 PM. Reason: I missed an "r" noone like a "pok" sandwich
Old 07-27-2009, 10:39 PM
VIP Member

cheaper than petco.
LOL Most are...
Old 07-27-2009, 10:39 PM
VIP Member

This cracks me up. Here we sit yapping about our pets health. I just had a pulled pok sandwich with dill pickles and cole slaw, baked beans, and corn on the cob, 22oz Stone IPA, half a bottle of Cabernet, and a Marlboro Light.
I had fried chicken and a scottish ale
Old 07-27-2009, 10:45 PM
VIP Member

This was from the shoulder I cooked yesterday. I'll be eating it for the next couple of days I think. Bummer huh?
This is in the chiller.
http://www.rogue.com/beers/imperial-india-pale-ale.php

Back on topic Woof Woof...
Old 07-28-2009, 03:55 AM

Car Info: 2002 WRX (RIP) // 2007 STi "OMGASTI"
That hollistic eagle food had a rice, rice and an oatmeal in the top 5. tho good quality products, it would be nice to have at least one of those below the top 5. The Diamond naturals is a bit better.

To the OP: The canidae and innova ur using now is just fine products; keep it going.

And someone asked where people go: petfoodexpress.com