Does anybody have free firewood? (was: i need some help...)

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2004, 12:11 PM

Car Info: Mazda Protege '02 (Wishing protege has AWD and a H6 twin turbo)
Originally Posted by wrx girl127
a couple of months ago there was a post about free wood. i was just wondering if someone could help me find that thread or just tell me where that place is. cuz im planning on having a bonfire with some friends. any help would be greatly appreciated. THANKS!!!

-kristine
I'll bet you if you went to a shipping company you could find used pallets

They may give you a few if you ask
Old 07-14-2004, 12:17 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: CRZ EX-Navi/6MT & Vue Redline
Girl looking for free wood? Must... fight... crude... remarks... Serious though, the used/broken pallet idea is probably the best way to go.

-Chris
Old 07-14-2004, 12:33 PM

Car Info: Mazda Protege '02 (Wishing protege has AWD and a H6 twin turbo)
Originally Posted by bassplayrr
Girl looking for free wood? Must... fight... crude... remarks... Serious though, the used/broken pallet idea is probably the best way to go.

-Chris
*smirks* i wasn't even going to mention that
Old 07-14-2004, 12:47 PM

Car Info: 180sx super drift machine!
Wasn't there just a thread about firewood? Lemme look.
Old 07-14-2004, 12:48 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: CRZ EX-Navi/6MT & Vue Redline
Originally Posted by Ex-ricer
Wasn't there just a thread about firewood? Lemme look.
Yes. But unfortunatly it isn't free.

-Chris
Old 07-14-2004, 12:49 PM

Car Info: 180sx super drift machine!
Yea, just saw that. :shrug:
Old 07-14-2004, 01:37 PM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

a couple of months ago there was a post about free wood. i was just wondering if someone could help me find that thread or just tell me where that place is. cuz im planning on having a bonfire with some friends. any help would be greatly appreciated. THANKS!!!

-kristine

so if we bring WOOD, are we invited to your bonfire.... with some of your HOT girly friends????????
Old 07-14-2004, 01:39 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2013 GR STi
Step 1) Get a truck
Step 2) Drive around town and look behind every Safeway, Albertsons, etc
Step 3) Collect tons of pallets
Step 4) Bonfire
Old 07-14-2004, 01:50 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
Or, don't use pallets unless you are gonna take them apart. Nails are dangerous to leave on the beach. I am sure we are all big kids and can handle that, so just be careful - and don't let a park ranger or cop catch you burning pallets for the nails reason. Also, if you are doing this in SF, they have changed the rules where you can have fires. The only place that's okay now is straight out from the park. Everywhere else, you'll have a dude in a funny suit telling you to leave in some weird official copspeak language.

Anecdote: We had a small bonfire a few months back near great hwy and Taraval.. We had a little hibachi going with some fish and stuff. My friend was cutting up the fish and a cop swooped up behind him like a stealthly moose and started with "SIR, PLEASE PUT DOWN THE KNIFE" in a very loud voice. My friend was like WTF? and he turned around still holding the knife covered in cooked fishgoo. The cop again stated "SIR - PUT DOWN THE KNIFE RIGHT NOW" as he put his hand on his gun. My buddy sorta laughed.. And of course set down the knife - and then put his hands up "is this a stickup?" I know they gotta be safe and stuff but he wasn't exactly walking toward him in a dark alley carrying a switchblade. Ahh well, must be fun for them or something. BTW he told us to put out the fire and leave immediately..

-Jacob
Old 07-14-2004, 01:51 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2013 GR STi
Originally Posted by wombatsauce
Or, don't use pallets unless you are gonna take them apart. Nails are dangerous to leave on the beach. I am sure we are all big kids and can handle that, so just be careful - and don't let a park ranger or cop catch you burning pallets for the nails reason. Also, if you are doing this in SF, they have changed the rules where you can have fires. The only place that's okay now is straight out from the park. Everywhere else, you'll have a dude in a funny suit telling you to leave in some weird official copspeak language.

Anecdote: We had a small bonfire a few months back near great hwy and Taraval.. We had a little hibachi going with some fish and stuff. My friend was cutting up the fish and a cop swooped up behind him like a stealthly moose and started with "SIR, PLEASE PUT DOWN THE KNIFE" in a very loud voice. My friend was like WTF? and he turned around still holding the knife covered in cooked fishgoo. The cop again stated "SIR - PUT DOWN THE KNIFE RIGHT NOW" as he put his hand on his gun. My buddy sorta laughed.. And of course set down the knife - and then put his hands up "is this a stickup?" I know they gotta be safe and stuff but he wasn't exactly walking toward him in a dark alley carrying a switchblade. Ahh well, must be fun for them or something. BTW he told us to put out the fire and leave immediately..

-Jacob

^ probably just following procedure
Old 07-14-2004, 01:56 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: nonplussed
Sir, Please Put Down The Fish, Sir - Put Down The Fish Right Now
Old 07-14-2004, 01:59 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by huck
^ probably just following procedure
Oh totally, I just thought it was funny. I totally understand the reason behind it and the need for procedure, etc. I just find them and their actions/words comical at times. Wondering in my head if they are taking themselves seriously or laughing their ***** off inside. But he was totally cool for the most part. We have been shut down 3x out there in different spots, and the cops have always been very cool while still following procedure.

Either way, I mean - I know my buddy - but he doesn't. Gotta treat everyone like a cracked out maniac just in case they are.

-Jacob
Old 07-14-2004, 02:05 PM

Car Info: '16 GTI, '02 Miata SE

-kristine
I have a couple boxes of Duraflame logs you can have if you'd like. I know they don't burn like wood, but they are free if you want them. I am not using my fireplace anymore since the baby came along. Let me know if you want them, and you can pick them up in San Jose.
Old 07-14-2004, 02:07 PM
VIP Member

Dude.. Can I grab one of those?? That would be hot!! Unless she will need the whole pile.

BTW - I never saw you at the track, I think I may have seen your car but you weren't there. Red CRX?

Late,

Jacob

Originally Posted by Stock Y-gon
I have a couple boxes of Duraflame logs you can have if you'd like. I know they don't burn like wood, but they are free if you want them. I am not using my fireplace anymore since the baby came along. Let me know if you want them, and you can pick them up in San Jose.

Quick Reply: Does anybody have free firewood? (was: i need some help...)