Does any one like thier job?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2005, 12:45 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 03 WRX
Does any one like thier job?

Just wondering because I'm looking for career ideas, I hate my current job with a passion, I have high blood pressure at 25 and nightmares about 4 or 5 times a week because of it. I really need to find something soon before I go postal. The shi**y thing is that I didn't go to college. I've had a couple of jobs that I loved but didn't end up working out because there's not much clientelle for these careers in the town I live. Any feedback would be great.
Old 01-30-2005, 12:50 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: the blue bucket
What do you do?
Old 01-30-2005, 12:53 PM
I <3 White Girls

Car Info: E92 M3, E70, F32, E21
I like my Job

https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/i-went-visited-zoeb-work-today-87346/
Old 01-30-2005, 01:04 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by UK n00b
What do you do?
Right now I'm a waiter at a popular restaraunt, It's good money and allows me time for my hobbies but the executive chef who is part owner(because his ex wife is the actual owner and he probably only married her to get his green card) and his brother run it and come and go as they please so half the time were stuck with one disgruntled chef(were supposed to have three at a time but he other two incompetant morons never show up when they're supposed to or are talking on thier stupid cel phones) and a bunch of pissed off servers, These jackasses start thier prep at the time were supposed to be opening, most of the time the orders take about an hour or more to prepare from the time thier order is taken so, naturally customers are friggin pissed, but still come back because the food is really really good.

I also taught martial arts for a few years, but the owner who happened to be my best friend and brother-in law passed away last year and the guy that owns it now is a di*k.

I'm also a certified personal trainer, but everyone here is lazy. It seemed that the only trainers who could build a good client base were the hot loud chicks.

Last edited by VIBEELEVEN; 01-30-2005 at 02:12 PM.
Old 01-30-2005, 01:15 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: WRB WRX 2003 Subaru Sedan
I use to love my job, but i didn't get paid enough to do it.

I hate my (now) job for over the past 3 1/2 years.
Old 01-30-2005, 01:22 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by 02BlackWRX
lol that's funny
Old 01-30-2005, 01:24 PM

Car Info: 2004 WRB STi w/ s202 spoiler
I'm a support/network engineer for a company that does webhosting, colocation, dedicated servers, and leased lines. Working 3am - 11am I spend most of my time on forums, working on personal projects, and occasionally working (except when **** hits the fan, then work is 100% work). So yeah, I like my job.
Old 01-30-2005, 01:24 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2002 WRX wagon x2
I used to love my job, but ever since I moved, I've been unable to find a single job in the same field. Funny how that works.
Old 01-30-2005, 01:31 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by illogical
I'm a support/network engineer for a company that does webhosting, colocation, dedicated servers, and leased lines. Working 3am - 11am I spend most of my time on forums, working on personal projects, and occasionally working (except when **** hits the fan, then work is 100% work). So yeah, I like my job.
wow that sounds pretty cool
Originally Posted by kellie
I used to love my job, but ever since I moved, I've been unable to find a single job in the same field. Funny how that works.
what field were you in?
Old 01-30-2005, 01:39 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: R.I.P 03 aspen white wrx
i like my job, mainly cause management is real cool

what do i do? nothing.... well most of the time haha i work for fed-ex
edgar,
Old 01-30-2005, 01:52 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: RIP: 04 WRB SEDAN Now Rollin' in STi
i used to like my job, now its kinna like ehh...??? after doing it for a while its the same BS everyday single day but i need cash flow so thats basically why im sticking to it.

i work over at the marriott in downtown san jose and i work for a dept called AYS: At Your Service. we basically do everything, were like the brain of the hotel. calls come to us: inside calls and outside, we deal with guest complaints, good things bad things etc. my job title is "AYS RUNNER" i have to give things to guest such as extra pillows, rollaways, fridges, towels, etc etc. but the good thing is i get my own little office with a computer so if its slow im on here. =)

-Ave
Old 01-30-2005, 01:57 PM
ish

Car Info: 2009 wrx & 2000 4runner
i like my job most of the time. i can think of things that i would like better but i can't complain for the most part

i am a civil engineer
Old 01-30-2005, 02:09 PM

Car Info: 2000 2.5 RS
I should like my job, but after wanting to do it my entire life i am kinda suprised i dont.
I work on videogames as mostly a modeler and animator, but lately i've been doing everything. This industry is cool because you have artistic freedom to a certain point - but because there are so many kids trying to get into the industry, they treat everyone like **** - because we are all expendable. This means i work manditory overtime with no pay, and no comp. Some people at EA have to work 90 hour weeks for months at a time, all with no pay.
The only thing really good about this industry is that 6th graders **** their pants when you tell them you make videogames.
Old 01-30-2005, 02:14 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2002 WRX wagon x2
Originally Posted by VIBEELEVEN
wow that sounds pretty cool

what field were you in?
I used to work for a company that rebuilt Subaru engines, but now I'm looking for any job even remotely car related. It's a lot tougher than you'd expect.
Old 01-30-2005, 02:14 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by constellation
This means i work manditory overtime with no pay, and no comp. Some people at EA have to work 90 hour weeks for months at a time, all with no pay.
The only thing really good about this industry is that 6th graders **** their pants when you tell them you make videogames.
Dude, I think that's illegal, you should call EDD on them and file a class action lawsuit.

Quick Reply: Does any one like thier job?