Do You Wash/Detail Your Own Car? Look HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 04:40 PM
Former Vendor

Car Info: Evo X
You mean like the Meguiars Mirror Glaze #83 Dual Action Cleaner/Polish? Mequiars is oil based where Adam's contains no silicone. But they both 'cut'.

Leo

Originally Posted by ucbsti
How does the swirl and haze compare to DACP
Old 04-16-2008, 04:51 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
I has an apartment and doesn't has friends with houses. Can't wash my own car
Old 04-16-2008, 04:52 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Does adam still have a secret stash of the Porter polishers? I know last time I saw him he had recently wiped out LOWE's because they were stopping production of them.
Old 04-16-2008, 04:53 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by Superglue WRX
bah.

Man I go to the drive in places. Use their soap/wash spray off. Then use my own sponge and soap. Wash it. Then rinse it off in the bay. Then dry it and detail it all right there. Just don't use their brushes unless you're over being **** about your paint.

I live on a dirt road. Washing my car at home is pointless.
Old 04-16-2008, 04:56 PM

^^^

They don't get pissed when you spend 2 hours washing your car?
Old 04-16-2008, 05:01 PM
Former Vendor

When we demo at the Porsche event, all products were demo under the direct sunlight! All products are acrylic based no silicon.

Old 04-16-2008, 05:02 PM
Former Vendor

nah, he doesn't have that many more... if you go to his site, it just point you to here... http://www.tools-plus.com/porter-cable-7424.html

Leo

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Does adam still have a secret stash of the Porter polishers? I know last time I saw him he had recently wiped out LOWE's because they were stopping production of them.
Old 04-16-2008, 05:03 PM

Car Info: Porsche 911 GT3
Originally Posted by DetailAddict
oh no no no... no pressure at all... I'll be there for the wings man , don't worry. I had the Atomic one last time and that didn't taste so good. I want to try something else.

Really, I am a consumer too... If the product is not to my liking, I won't buy. I rather you buy it, be happy with it, and tell all your friends about it, than buy it, hate it, and tell your friends how crappy the product is. I believe a vendor like me needs the customers more than they need me. (there is alway alternative options ) So please, only buy because you are happy with it and like it. I don't want to "SELL" you the products, I am just here to "INTRODUCE" you the products.

Leo
no worries, i was just joking with you. will be nice to meet you and learn alot about this stuff. i used to detail my cars forever when i lived with my parents ages and ages ago. now i don't have the place to do that kind of stuff or the time anymore.
Old 04-16-2008, 05:04 PM
General Pimpin'

^^^

They don't get pissed when you spend 2 hours washing your car?
Nope.

Just don't do it when it's mad busy. You can usually pull off out of the bay to do the dry down and detail work. I have a travel detail kit in my car all the time. Has a small bottle of wax. Towels. Quick detailer. Tire shine. Window cleaner. The basics.

I wash the outside of my car like once a week or so. People never believe me cause it's dirty after one day...haaa.
Old 04-16-2008, 05:06 PM
Former Vendor

okay, good, because last thing I want is people think of me as some kind of salesman...

I know what yo mean about time... my cars are hella dirty because I am too busy washing other people's car!

Originally Posted by MyNikonLens
no worries, i was just joking with you. will be nice to meet you and learn alot about this stuff. i used to detail my cars forever when i lived with my parents ages and ages ago. now i don't have the place to do that kind of stuff or the time anymore.
Old 04-16-2008, 05:12 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Leo, you should take all of our questions and make it into a FAQ thing for your site for the "articles" section. Or maybe write an article on different techniques for getting out light, medium, and deep scratches/swirls, you know what I mean?
Old 04-16-2008, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by DetailAddict
okay, good, because last thing I want is people think of me as some kind of salesman...

I know what yo mean about time... my cars are hella dirty because I am too busy washing other people's car!
there is nothing wrong with being a salesman. i have been a salesman for the last 25 years. i love selling.
Old 04-16-2008, 05:42 PM

there is nothing wrong with being a salesman. i have been a salesman for the last 25 years. i love selling.
Yeah, don't knock sales

OT:

Anyone else that's a salesman needs to watch Glengarry Glen Ross. It's a must see.
Old 04-16-2008, 05:47 PM

Yeah, don't knock sales

OT:

Anyone else that's a salesman needs to watch Glengarry Glen Ross. It's a must see.

that was a great movie. seen it many times. evertime i get something new. i also love wallstreet

if you want the best sales CDs you can listen to, listen to Zig Ziglar, Secrets of Closing the Sale.

This stuff is good for everyone.

Leo, think about selling as this "if you help enough people get what they want, you will get what you want"

so selling is a service of providing people what they want and need in life. nothing bad about selling. greatest profession in life.
Old 04-16-2008, 06:21 PM
Former Vendor

already work in progress. Stay tune!

Originally Posted by VRT MBasile
Leo, you should take all of our questions and make it into a FAQ thing for your site for the "articles" section. Or maybe write an article on different techniques for getting out light, medium, and deep scratches/swirls, you know what I mean?
Ah.. Sorry, don't mean to offend...

I meant the 'other' kind of salesman.

Yeah, don't knock sales

OT:

agree. I guess I should have said I don't want people to see me as another pressure salesman...

Leo, think about selling as this "if you help enough people get what they want, you will get what you want"

so selling is a service of providing people what they want and need in life. nothing bad about selling. greatest profession in life.

Quick Reply: Do You Wash/Detail Your Own Car? Look HERE!