View Poll Results: Should the pics be released?
I think they should be released
35.05%
I agree with the president's decision (Not releasing pics)
37.11%
I secretly wish that they would have video taped soldiers defacating all over Osama's corpse.
11.34%
You forgot the "I don't give a ****" option
16.49%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Do you think the Osama death pics should be released?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 05:18 PM

Car Info: 335i & S1000RR
Obama's ratings are still not as low as Bush's. Personally I'm not happy with Obama.

Obama's mother was born is Kansas.

If there was any real issue with his eligibility, wouldn't the Republican party or Fox news figured it out by now?

Osama last released a video in 2007 and an audio recording in January all widely accepted to be authentic.

Just because one crazy terrorist does something terrible and posts a video, we shouldn't feel the need to do the same. A few US soldiers have murdered civilians. Does that mean the US is full of murderers? Are we at war with the Muslim religion or the terrorists? As a nation we should be sensitive to the religion of many millions of people including the ones living in the US.

How would a photo prove anything anyway? Photos can be faked. The only thing it accomplishes is pissing off a part of the world where we should be making more friends, not enemies.
Old 05-05-2011, 05:19 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX, 2015 Murano, 2017 NGM Camaro SS
I`ve seen enough videos of Americans and other US supporters getting beheaded in the name of their "Alla", so yes release the pics/videos. No offense to anyone.
Old 05-05-2011, 05:26 PM

Car Info: with the blinkers on
Originally Posted by Turbo Rob
The USA is one of the only countries that doesn't show graphic war related pictures. It is a way to hide the reality of War from the American people. It is my personal belief that if American's actually saw pictures of all the women and children that have died because of off target air-raids or collateral damage, there would be a lot more people against the war. Many of the people we don't want to enrage have already seen pictures of dead Muslims because of Al-Jazeera OR they have witnessed the death of relatives/neighbors first hand.
riiigghtttt. Where'd those pics of Saddam's sons come from? Releasing pics is at the Admin's discretion.
Old 05-05-2011, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by AlanarchySTI
I`ve seen enough videos of Americans and other US supporters getting beheaded in the name of their "Alla", so yes release the pics/videos. No offense to anyone.

Why would we want to emulate the worst examples of an entire culture? the US is full of wackjobs too. Remember The Oklahoma federal building? If you start to imitate the enemy, we're no better than they are.
Old 05-05-2011, 07:46 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
4v2.... where was obamas father born? Just saying.... the ONLY proof is the birth certificate. Period.

Im not saying release video of the take down. But some sort of proof would have stopped all of this from even starting.

Think anyone is paying attention to gas prices right now? They're up. No one paying attention to what is important. We have troops at risk. Economy sucks. Gas prices are up. Local government is about to get more tax power. Alabama calm near got wiped off the map and the southeast in general is getting hammered. A friend of mine in nc lost part of their house. Etc etc etc.

I could give two ****s about osama. Im proud of our guys over there no matter what. If this helps morale then sweet! Otherwise I don't care. Guy got out easy if you ask me.
Old 05-05-2011, 10:00 PM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: 2018 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel EOC Stage 1
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
I have one brother over there now and one on the way.
Tell your brothers this military brat thanks them from the bottom of his heart.
Old 05-05-2011, 11:17 PM

Car Info: 2005 WRX - Stage 2 and EQ Tuned!
Goddamn. I should start a tin foil hat group buy.
Old 05-05-2011, 11:20 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by Turbo Rob
Goddamn. I should start a tin foil hat group buy.
make one in baby size and im in for three!
Old 05-06-2011, 10:10 AM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
LOL we killed their leader and we will face some sort of retaliation one way or another. Releasing pics isnt gonna make it any worse. The reasoning behind not releasing them is pretty dumb imo when just about every newspaper has posted how the raid went.

Are people really that naive to believe that if we dont release the pics, they will somehow forget we killed OBL?
Old 05-06-2011, 10:22 AM

Car Info: 2011 WRX hatch gray
Uh.... holding back the pics is NOT about hoping his followers will forget he was killed by the USA.

And knowing the raid and killing happened is NOT the same as putting out evidence that will just generate distracting noise. Is there really doubt that Bin Laden was killed? Do you really think the administration is so stupid to make something like that up, that can easily be debunked with a quick video released on al-qaeda.net?

Unless there's some real and valid concern over how the operation was carried out, then I see releasing the pics as have more downsides than up. IMHO.

And it really seems that the people demanding birth certificates and questioning if Bin Laden really was killed are the same people who were so willing to accept and believe the tie between Saddam and 911, and that WMD's were present.

Don't get me wrong, I find it interesting how much "resistance" Bin Laden displayed in the raid and what felt like a hasty burial. But I'm also not shedding any tears and have quickly gone back to my sammich.

Last edited by chimchimm5; 05-06-2011 at 10:30 AM.
Old 05-06-2011, 12:16 PM

Car Info: 05' WRX (Dirty Black)
for me the cost/benefit analysis is pretty clear.

sure we can release the pictures. the benefits might be that we could satisfy some doubters. more likely though, they would still cry "fake!" if anything, the releasing of the birth certificate has proved that people will believe what they want to believe no matter how much proof is offered. The only real benefit to releasing it is to satisfy the morbid curiosity in some of us.

the costs on the other hand, literally puts people's lives at risk, soldiers and civilians. you can certainly argue that they are already at risk. however, i wouldn't want to be the one who takes that chance. i'll take criticism all day in place of putting people in harm's way.
Old 05-06-2011, 01:10 PM

Car Info: Black On Black Wingless 05 STI
Well I know Rueters released some pictures, not of OBL, but of a few of the guys they killed. There is also some pictures of the bunt helicopter.

Apparently these were sold to them when someone on the Pakistani side entered the compound afterwards.

WARNING: GRAPHIC PHOTOGRAPHS OF DEATH AND INJURY BELOW
Photos Here
Old 05-06-2011, 01:45 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: nonplussed
I care more about pics of the stealth helicopter than I do about pics of OBL.
Old 05-06-2011, 01:53 PM

Car Info: 03 Wrx black sedan + 2013 BRZ
Originally Posted by ryball
I care more about pics of the stealth helicopter than I do about pics of OBL.
+1. I also want to see/read more about all the advanced techinolgy they used.
Old 05-06-2011, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by Wrxneffect
+1. I also want to see/read more about all the advanced techinolgy they used.
I don't think the helicopters were anything you haven't seen before. They might of had modified exhaust ports, but I think they most likely just flew low and carried Pakistani transponders. It's very mountainous terrain with lots of areas difficult to cover with radar.

Quick Reply: Do you think the Osama death pics should be released?