DMV has a tip for us

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2005, 08:38 AM

Car Info: 2004 WRB STi w/ s202 spoiler
Note, less paper work if you pistol whip them, as opposed to shooting them.
Old 08-17-2005, 08:50 AM

Car Info: 05 STi
Originally Posted by illogical
Note, less paper work if you pistol whip them, as opposed to shooting them.
Or you can just pull the Training Day scare and threaten to blow his nuts off.
Old 08-17-2005, 09:19 AM

Car Info: 2004 WRB STi w/ s202 spoiler
*cradles nut*

Don't come any closer!
Old 08-17-2005, 09:53 AM

Car Info: '05 STI
Originally Posted by 1reguL8NSTi
Or you can just pull the Training Day scare and threaten to blow his nuts off.

"I'll leave ya one of em: you want the left nut or the right one?"
Old 08-17-2005, 09:58 AM

Car Info: 2009 A3 2.0T quattro
Originally Posted by 1reguL8NSTi
Well considering the fact that I live in New Orleans which has historically the highest violent crime rate in the country and also that I have trained for the last 5 years in small arms and self defense I think it's safe to say that a handgun is quite an asset to me.
I'm not saying its not an asset to you. I said it wasn't an asset to ME, which you chose to disagree with....

Enjoy your gun. I'll enjoy giving him my wallet and walking away.
Old 08-17-2005, 10:47 AM

Car Info: 2002 MBP WRX, 2012 OBP STi wagon
... why did this suddenly become a p*ssing contest?

Hell, as much training as I've had in weapons (military weapons of all shapes, pistols, knives, martial arts) and fighting, even *I* tend to find a way to difuze a situation so no fighting is involved. The hassle isn't worth it.

One evening, when I was in St. Louis, I had two idiots chase me on the freeway (in two different cars) and cut me off multiple times, and proceeded to follow me to a mall parking lot. When I finally parked my car and got out, expandable baton hidden in my sleeve, ready to do serious damage, the two doods parked behind me. I went to the angry one who smelled of beer, looked him straight in the eye, and firmly said, "Is there a problem?" He was ticked off because I "cut him off" getting on the freeway. The other guy was looking nervous. I stared at him for a second, then said "look, if I cut you off, fine, sorry. If that's cool enough for you, fine. If not, I'm ready when you are." They both mumbled something I didn't hear, got in their cars, and left. I didn't even extend the baton.

It cost me nothing to apologize, even though I didn't even know what he was pissed off about.

The whole point is, keeping your cool in a situation will get you out of more harm than carrying and using a weapon... not putting your self in a situation helps even more.

Do I carry ... "weapons" with me? Sure, all the time. It doesn't hurt to be prepared. Will I use them? I hope not. If it ever came to the point where I have to use a weapon, then I failed to be aware of my surroundings, failed to control a situation, and failed to hold my temper. To me, these are worse than getting in an altercation to begin with.
Old 08-17-2005, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by shadowcat
... why did this suddenly become a p*ssing contest?

Hell, as much training as I've had in weapons (military weapons of all shapes, pistols, knives, martial arts) and fighting, even *I* tend to find a way to difuze a situation so no fighting is involved. The hassle isn't worth it.

One evening, when I was in St. Louis, I had two idiots chase me on the freeway (in two different cars) and cut me off multiple times, and proceeded to follow me to a mall parking lot. When I finally parked my car and got out, expandable baton hidden in my sleeve, ready to do serious damage, the two doods parked behind me. I went to the angry one who smelled of beer, looked him straight in the eye, and firmly said, "Is there a problem?" He was ticked off because I "cut him off" getting on the freeway. The other guy was looking nervous. I stared at him for a second, then said "look, if I cut you off, fine, sorry. If that's cool enough for you, fine. If not, I'm ready when you are." They both mumbled something I didn't hear, got in their cars, and left. I didn't even extend the baton.

It cost me nothing to apologize, even though I didn't even know what he was pissed off about.

The whole point is, keeping your cool in a situation will get you out of more harm than carrying and using a weapon... not putting your self in a situation helps even more.

Do I carry ... "weapons" with me? Sure, all the time. It doesn't hurt to be prepared. Will I use them? I hope not. If it ever came to the point where I have to use a weapon, then I failed to be aware of my surroundings, failed to control a situation, and failed to hold my temper. To me, these are worse than getting in an altercation to begin with.
First off, this never was a pissing contest. All I was saying is that I carry a gun and would use it if I had to. You're example in reference to what mcowger and I were talking about is irrelevant for the most part. A person considering jumping you doesn't care how "cool" you are. Had the two mean that followed you been intent on robbing you, baton or not you'd have been beaten into submission assuming they were not paraplegic midgets. I totally agree that by maintaining situation awareness you can avoid nearly all confrontations. Notice I said "nearly" all. I work in a place where robberies and murders are common place. No matter how hard I try I can not avoid these areas. If I were to be confronted in 9th ward East New Orleans at night and pulled out a knife or a baton the coroner would be bagging my body the following morning. Just to clear it up I would hate to have to resort to ever using it and will avoid it at all costs but if someone is intent on inflicting harm in any way, shape or form on me then I'm sorry for their parents.
Old 08-17-2005, 01:47 PM

Car Info: Hilux Double Cab with a Dishka on top
Well, I actually got shot at before by a road rage driver last year on I-80. So I ain't taking chances no more, this time if someone wants to shoot at me, they're gonna see my HK USP .40 compact answering back.
Old 08-17-2005, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Lurk
Well, I actually got shot at before by a road rage driver last year on I-80. So I ain't taking chances no more, this time if someone wants to shoot at me, they're gonna see my HK USP .40 compact answering back.
Yeah that's a sweet gun. My friend has one with everything you can get for it. I'm all about my Glocks.
Old 08-17-2005, 02:15 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: this required information?
I have been in situations where just pulling a gun out has stopped anything from happening, just because you have one or pull it out in self defense doesnt mean you have to use it, you can have a unloaded or even a fake gun and it would help you.
Old 08-17-2005, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by blue blurr
I have been in situations where just pulling a gun out has stopped anything from happening, just because you have one or pull it out in self defense doesnt mean you have to use it, you can have a unloaded or even a fake gun and it would help you.

Ding Ding Ding!!!! Only a sadistic prozac user with a death wish would attack someone with a gun pointing at them. That or an insurgent.
Old 08-17-2005, 02:50 PM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

and that itself is a FELONY.

sure you can say, "but it was for self defense"...

you have to remember, in kalifornia, the politicians and the law makers DONT CARE about you or your safety.

i have been reading this booklet called the POST "learning domain 40: weapons violations."

POST = peace officer standards and training.

all cadets have to learn this stuff.

and the stuff in there are just nuts. like for example, you carry a baseball bat in your car for self defense. careful, that might be a misdemeanor.

carry a baseball bat with your mitt and cleats? well you just came back from a baseball game.

you carry an unloaded but locked handgun in your car AT ALL TIMES?

you better have a receipt from a local gun range that day with you or else that's a crime too.

see what i'm trying to say? self defense with a weapon is iffy, at best. that weapon better not be illegal at the time or else.

now granted the worse case scenarios are areas where the liberal hippie people are in charge like los angeles and san francisco areas.

out in the boonies, like tehama county... well check out the official website for the county sheriff:

http://tehamaso.org/ccw.htm

now this isnt a link buried in their website. go to the main homepage and look at the upper left hand column, second link...

makes you wanna move...
Old 08-17-2005, 03:00 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by ldivinag
and that itself is a FELONY.

sure you can say, "but it was for self defense"...

you have to remember, in kalifornia, the politicians and the law makers DONT CARE about you or your safety.

i have been reading this booklet called the POST "learning domain 40: weapons violations."

POST = peace officer standards and training.

all cadets have to learn this stuff.

and the stuff in there are just nuts. like for example, you carry a baseball bat in your car for self defense. careful, that might be a misdemeanor.

carry a baseball bat with your mitt and cleats? well you just came back from a baseball game.

you carry an unloaded but locked handgun in your car AT ALL TIMES?

you better have a receipt from a local gun range that day with you or else that's a crime too.

see what i'm trying to say? self defense with a weapon is iffy, at best. that weapon better not be illegal at the time or else.

now granted the worse case scenarios are areas where the liberal hippie people are in charge like los angeles and san francisco areas.

out in the boonies, like tehama county... well check out the official website for the county sheriff:

http://tehamaso.org/ccw.htm

now this isnt a link buried in their website. go to the main homepage and look at the upper left hand column, second link...

makes you wanna move...

Altough if a guy came up to your car with a knife pullied and was talking **** or three gang members came up to you and wanted to start stuff, and you pulled a gun and told them to go away, you might be able to get out of that. especially since i dont think either of them would go complain to the cops since what they were doing wasnt so legal either. Oh and dont forget about Berkely

Last edited by blue blurr; 08-17-2005 at 03:03 PM.
Old 08-17-2005, 03:35 PM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

Altough if a guy came up to your car with a knife pullied and was talking **** or three gang members came up to you and wanted to start stuff, and you pulled a gun and told them to go away, you might be able to get out of that. especially since i dont think either of them would go complain to the cops since what they were doing wasnt so legal either. Oh and dont forget about Berkely
the reason the i bring this up is because on another forum, (sigforum.com, to be exact), a member there is now going to jail or goign through a boatload of legal issues because of similar instances.

he "flashed" his firearm to some dudes bothering him and the dudes bothering him decided. and IIRC, this dude has a CCW so he has the training.

anyways, the "badguys" ended up calling the cops FIRST. cops came and arrested him.

and know he's ain deep stuff...

lesson learned? call the cops first AFTER the incident.
Old 08-17-2005, 04:26 PM
VIP Member

I think were going to be ok