DMV has a tip for us

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 06:00 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
DMV has a tip for us

DRIVER'S TIP:
The most common weapon used by a road raging driver is a firearm.

(I think they meant, warning to drivers)

-Gagan
Old 08-16-2005, 06:02 PM
I <3 White Girls

Car Info: E92 M3, E70, F32, E21
look out for a silver STi that has a bald white dude driving it.

The car also has a tanabe catback

DO NOT get into it with this driver, he DOES carry a gun with him @ all times....not a joke..
Old 08-16-2005, 06:08 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: this required information?
^ :rotfl:
Old 08-16-2005, 09:10 PM

Car Info: 02 Silver WRX sedan. Eibach springs, Blitz NUR cat back, Rota 17" Attacks, Cobb AccessPort/DP
Who doesn't cary one? The law encourages citizens that want to protect themselves to carry firearms. Baseball bat, baton, knife = felony. Gun = misdemeanor. Just don't be stupid and go pulling it on every a-hole that pisses you off...lol.
Old 08-16-2005, 11:13 PM

Car Info: '05 CGM STI (mostly stock...)
If you carry a baseball bat, make sure to carry a glove and ball too. It classifies the "weapon" as recreation equipment (and could be self defense). Same thing with a golf club (carry more than one club, with a couple golf *****). A little research can get almost anything thrown out in court.

;-)
Old 08-16-2005, 11:32 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX/05 Legacy
And here I thought the most common weapon would be the vehicle itself.
Old 08-17-2005, 04:17 AM

Car Info: 2004 WRB STi w/ s202 spoiler
Originally Posted by bemani
And here I thought the most common weapon would be the vehicle itself.
+1
Old 08-17-2005, 06:13 AM

Car Info: 05 STi

Here's how I roll.
Old 08-17-2005, 07:53 AM

Car Info: 2009 A3 2.0T quattro
Originally Posted by Chrisnonstop
Who doesn't cary one? The law encourages citizens that want to protect themselves to carry firearms.

Err, no it doesn't. California is a 'may-issue' state, not a shall issue state for CCW. There you must show good cause, which is hardly an encouragement.

Who doesn't? I don't, because it offers no value to me.
Old 08-17-2005, 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by mcowger
Err, no it doesn't. California is a 'may-issue' state, not a shall issue state for CCW. There you must show good cause, which is hardly an encouragement.

Who doesn't? I don't, because it offers no value to me.
Well, it doesn't offer any value to you now but wait till you getting jumped in an alley.
Old 08-17-2005, 08:13 AM

Car Info: 2009 A3 2.0T quattro
Originally Posted by 1reguL8NSTi
Well, it doesn't offer any value to you now but wait till you getting jumped in an alley.
You get jumped in alleys in your car alot? Dunno, I tend not to . I thought this was about firearms in cars....

I also tend not to go to areas where being mugged/attacked is likely, I avoid making enemies or associating with the kinds of people who might 'jump me', and if some mugger wants my wallet, he/she can have it. Its only a little bit of money and replaceable stuff.

Bringing a gun into the picture holds no value for me. I wouldn't kill someone over the $40 in my wallet. Would you? You are 100% sure you could evaluate, draw, aim, and fire accurately when you've been jumped (i.e. surprised) by someone who already has their gun out and pointed at you, probably cranked up on meth that the slightest quick movement from you will provoke them to squeeze the trigger? If so, you have some thinking to do.
Old 08-17-2005, 08:20 AM

You get jumped in alleys in your car alot? Dunno, I tend not to . I thought this was about firearms in cars....

I also tend not to go to areas where being mugged/attacked is likely, I avoid making enemies or associating with the kinds of people who might 'jump me', and if some mugger wants my wallet, he/she can have it. Its only a little bit of money and replaceable stuff.

Bringing a gun into the picture holds no value for me. I wouldn't kill someone over the $40 in my wallet. Would you? You are 100% sure you could evaluate, draw, aim, and fire accurately when you've been jumped (i.e. surprised) by someone who already has their gun out and pointed at you, probably cranked up on meth that the slightest quick movement from you will provoke them to squeeze the trigger? If so, you have some thinking to do.
Well considering the fact that I live in New Orleans which has historically the highest violent crime rate in the country and also that I have trained for the last 5 years in small arms and self defense I think it's safe to say that a handgun is quite an asset to me.
Old 08-17-2005, 08:20 AM

I wouldn't kill someone over the $40 in my wallet. Would you?
It's not about killing the person.

You are 100% sure you could evaluate, draw, aim, and fire accurately when you've been jumped (i.e. surprised) by someone who already has their gun out and pointed at you, probably cranked up on meth that the slightest quick movement from you will provoke them to squeeze the trigger?
The first step you listed is the most important, evaluate. Patience is the key, you may not have to pull out your gun. The gun is a weapon for killing when used by anyone but a patience handler.
Old 08-17-2005, 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by illogical
It's not about killing the person.

The first step you listed is the most important, evaluate. Patience is the key, you may not have to pull out your gun. The gun is a weapon for killing when used by anyone but a patience handler.

Exactly. I don't carry a gun because I want to kill someone and I wouldn't use it unless I absolutely have to. It's a deterant though. I can throw down pretty damn well even without a weapon but if it came down to it and I felt threatened to the point I could not defend myself I'd have it out in a nanosecond. If they still want to play after they're staring down the barrel of a 10mm glock then they probably need to die.
Old 08-17-2005, 08:36 AM

Call me old fashioned, but a good pistol whipping never hurt anyone... Except the recipient...

Quick Reply: DMV has a tip for us