dings and scratches...how much does it bother you?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2004, 09:47 AM

Car Info: 2002 psm wrx
dings and scratches...how much does it bother you?

Just venting folks...DUMBASS van opens the door and slightly scrapes my door. WTF!!!!! no ding just looks like the sorry *** clearcoat got scraped. It's really small in the grand scheme of things but DAMN I've got little scratches and scrapes scattered around the car which I justify as "giving the car character". Now my little wrx is by no means a show car, but it just bugs the hell out of me when I find a new mark on the car. *ARGH!* I guess that's the price I pay for living in SF with no garage and always having to park on the streets.

Anyone else feel the same way? If not, then I guess i'm just NUCKING FUTS!!!!
Old 04-02-2004, 09:51 AM

Car Info: 2003 Silver WRX Sedan, 1982 Corvette Collectors Ed.
Oh I feel the same way. I'm selling my car because it has a door ding. I mean it looks like crap now. I can't handle it. The blemishes ruin the whole thing. I am embarrased to drive it. A door ding and a scratch....jesus...I got to go kill mylef...

J/k...but yeah, it bugs me.
Old 04-02-2004, 09:52 AM
VIP Member

did you get the insurance info from the DUMBASS? Or at least put the beatdown on him?

I'm super paranoid right now since I just got my wrx... I usually park as far away as possible in parking lots to avoid idiots in SUVS w/ huge doors and shopping carts.

One day I'll get my 1st ding and then I won't give a F
Old 04-02-2004, 09:57 AM

Car Info: 04 Silver WRX Wagon
yep, just noticed my first parking lot love tap. somebody threw their door open without looking and left a pretty good vertical ding on the back panel.

had the car for 2.5 months and knew it was a matter of time before it happened. though i want my car to look clean and new, it is pretty small in the big scope of things.
Old 04-02-2004, 10:09 AM

Originally posted by doodoobrown
did you get the insurance info from the DUMBASS? Or at least put the beatdown on him?

nah, i just parked next to it. The van was gone when I came back. Like other's I try to park away from the jacked up looking cars and huge SUV's. I guess I made a bad choice. oh well, live and learn.
Old 04-02-2004, 11:01 AM

tell me you're kidding about the hood slide! hahaaa. that damn hood caves in when I'm washing it. Can't imagine what would happen if i planted my *** on it.
Old 04-02-2004, 11:04 AM

Car Info: 1942 ford pinto
i dont care about dings and scratches at ALL, definately not a deciding factor when im shopping for a car
Old 04-02-2004, 11:05 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: subaru
First time you get a ding or scratch it's painful, after that just get over it or permanently garage it. People are going to bump and hit the car regardless of how much stress you work yourself up to, in the end you have to let it go.

That said my car has so many dents and scratches, and I say to you little kids getting into your minivans...GO AHEAD AND SCRATCH IT YOU LITTLE BOOGER EATERS! SEE IF I CARE!!
Old 04-02-2004, 11:05 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2009 G Ride
I have a couple and yes they bother me, but that's just because I like driving a clean looking car.
Old 04-02-2004, 11:09 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
Dings on the hood from rocks on the freeway don't bother me too much. I tend to follow a bit closely and I have so many now it's not that big of a deal.

Door dings bug me to no end though - not so much because of the mark it makes, or the work I put in to cleaning it up, but because I know it was put there because some ******* piece of **** person was inconsiderate and banged my door. I've got a small dent in my drivers side front fender from some **** brick that banged it with his bronco door. He's lucky I didn't notice the ding till the following day or he would have driven home with 4 less windows than he arrived with.
Old 04-02-2004, 11:47 AM

Car Info: 03 Silver WRX
Got my first scratch last night at the Giants game. Some punk in a Jetta squeezed in behind me in a very tight spot and scratched my back driver's side bumper and lip. And had the nerve to park an inch from my rear! I took down the license number, not that it would do anything cause my deductible is more then fixing it. People don't have respect for others property.

I'll use Meguiar's Scratch X on it this weekend...this stuff works and worth the cost
Old 04-02-2004, 11:48 AM

Car Info: Subaru WRX MY02
Grab some Xylene or Toulene and buff over the scratch. Re-wax over the spot and should be good as new.
Old 04-02-2004, 12:15 PM

Car Info: civic
buff it out, if it's clear coat then it doesn't sound too bad.

Quick Reply: dings and scratches...how much does it bother you?