Did ya ever do something really, really stupid and thought"WTF was I thinking?" after

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2004, 07:25 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 PSM STi
Thumbs down Did ya ever do something really, really stupid and thought"WTF was I thinking?" after

I just did, grrrrrrrrrr I am so pissed at myself.....

Prefix:
1. There is a really nice corner at the end of my street, where I turn to go home, a nice, "wide" sweeping 90, that is fun to take at about 45, I take it every day.
2. On the other side of my apartment complex, is another street, with a nice, smooth 90, but its pretty narrow, and tight, but fun if you approach it correctly.
3. I just (this past weekend) got my new RSB Mounts installed. I had a b!tch of a time with them, but after some ingenius ideas and some creative engineering, was able to get them installed. MPITA.

Story:
I was coming home from work, and I get to my street, but the light was red so I had to stop, I couldn't hang it. No biggie, I wanted to test out the new RSB mounts, to see if my car felt any different with the much more solid mounts, so I decided I would go around and make a second pass, < insert above named street #2 here >, So I come up to the corner, and I came into it a bit hot (Knowing its a tight, narrow corner ), hit the brakes and the front end pushed soooooooooooo bad..... I took the corner too wide, and
WHAM!
I nail the MOTHER ****ING, GD, curb! curbs,
fortuneatly, I had, steered most of the way through the turn and slowed enough(~15-20mph) by the time I hit the ****ing thing that my car just "walked" up it....ya know like if you are parrallel parking and you perform the mother of all curbies and your rim kinda rides up the side of the curb till yer on top of it......just happend quite a bit faster than that (this will become my fullsize spare). Plus, since my car is lowered, my driver side of the front bumper got mildly marred....but is repairable with some sand paper and new paint. I am just thankful that there wasnt any major damage.....but I feel like such an idiot, because I have taken these two corners like 890,583,654 times, plus I KNOW my car.....and I never do stupid **** like that, esp. if I have just installed a new part and arent yet familiar with the changes that it made. Yet, I got a case of the f'n idiot bug, and did something stupid.....and it got me.....(&&*^&*(^^&%%&^ grrrrrr....... [ beats self with spatula ]

WTF??? was I thinking?????

So I doubt the suspension sustained any damage,but is there anything I should keep my eyes on?, and I know I am gonna be needing an alignment now....plus I am gonna need a new rim.

[ shakes head ]

-Ted

I feel a bit better now that I was able to vent.....
Old 04-14-2004, 07:29 PM

Car Info: 03 WRX Blue
Bummer... **** happens
Old 04-14-2004, 07:52 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: MMVI AW WRX STI
Dude if that's all that happened I don't want to hear about a curb-wrx interaction! lol

Sucks...at least it wasn't worse.
Old 04-14-2004, 08:14 PM
NZO

Car Info: 996 Turbo
It happens to (almost) everyone, just learn from the experience and be more careful next time. Luckily there was no major damage.
Old 04-14-2004, 08:22 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
been there, done that (the stupid thing and wished you hadn't)
Old 04-14-2004, 08:41 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: subaru
That sucks!
Here's my "stupid things I shouldn't have done" story. (one of many haha anyway)
I pushed a 90's VW Cabrio WAY WAY too hard into a downhill turn once and learned very quickly what understeer is. The car is going about 40 in the turn as I hit the brakes and try to turn towards the inside of the turn, only to find the car slowly headed towards the outside (other side of the street) and the car is in no way going to change it's mind. I gained control and slowed enough that the car would steer away about five feet from the curb, thankfully no cars were coming in either lane.
From that day forward, I decided never to drive a car like a moron again, especially when it's FWD. Those crucial situations really teach you your limits, also show you how dumb you can be.

Good luck with the curbage
Old 04-14-2004, 08:51 PM

Car Info: '03 PSM Sedan
damn, that sucks. sorry to hear about that.

if you want to come over after BDG's tommorow night and take a look at the underside of your car, just let me know.
Old 04-14-2004, 09:07 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: R.I.P 03 aspen white wrx
um... yeah new parts suck, they make you an instant rookie again

i usually will go out to a big industrial area after i install new parts (on a sat. or sun.) and push it hard to get a feeling for any changes..

but it always sucks when you **** up..
edgar,
Old 04-14-2004, 09:09 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2009 G Ride
Damn Ted, I'm sorry to hear that! Don't worry dude, it could be a lot worse... Take this as your freebie...
Old 04-15-2004, 01:22 AM

Car Info: 2004 Black/Gold STi
Man that tottaly sucks. I had sex with a 15 y.o. and then regretted it.
Old 04-15-2004, 08:26 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 1999 2.5RS / 2004 Forester X
Doh... sorry man, but look on the bright side, your car will still be okay. I unfourtunatley was not so lucky with my accident a few months back.
Old 04-15-2004, 02:42 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 PSM STi
Thanks guys....I know it could have been alot worse, and (comparitively speaking) wasnt as bad as some of the other I-clubbers incidents.....for that I am thankfull...I am just more pissed at myself....I knew better....kinda like bungee jumping off a bridge KNOWING the bungee cord is too long and you will hit the ground, but doing it anyways.

so today went over to americas tire co. to have the wheel balanced & checked for trueness......come to find out the wheel will not be good for even a spare....it is totally fooked....the rim looks like a bent bicycle rim....all wobbly and isht....the car shakes so bad if I go faster than 60. So I ordered a new rim (should be in tomorrow). Then I will be needing an alignment.

NORMALLY, I do what zumnwrx does....go find a wide open area (parking lot\industrial area) to test the new parts...but this one time I didnt...I will never make that mistake again.

NOTE TO SELF: ALWAYS LISTEN TO YOUR GUT FEELINGS!

-Ted

Edit: Don.....I think I'll be taking you up on that offer, if thats still cool.
Old 04-15-2004, 02:47 PM

Car Info: '03 PSM Sedan
Ted,
no problem. we can just roll your car into m garage after BDG and take a look at things.