Did anyone see that VERY STRANGE light in the north tonight at around 9pm?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2004, 09:27 AM

Car Info: 2000 2.5 RS
Me and my friends saw somthing like that in the sky one time when we were hiking around at night around auburn - it was just a weird red light in the north, so just for the hell of it, we had my friend call 911 and say that it was a terrorist attack and sure enough it was the northern lights. It coulda been somthing like that, although in this case i would like to think that if it was somthing totally out of the ordinary that it would be reported elsewhere.
Old 08-23-2004, 09:28 AM
UTR Member

Car Info: 93 Impreza L
Originally Posted by dr3d1zzl3
lots of tin foil hat people think that the above "test" area could be used as one large lens or beam to hit entire regions with such low freq energy...

you mean something like..... the "brown noise" like in southpark?
Old 08-23-2004, 10:28 AM

Car Info: 180sx super drift machine!
I don't see nuthin'.
Attached Thumbnails Did anyone see that VERY STRANGE light in the north tonight at around 9pm?-untitled.bmp  
Old 08-23-2004, 10:53 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2009 G Ride
The glow right above the roof on that house, a little to the left of the lamp.
Old 08-23-2004, 11:15 AM

Car Info: 98 Impreza Outback Sport
..like those burglar alarms that use high freq. -it screws with your neurons and you can't even think. I saw them test it on TV- they told this guy EXACTLY where a key to a safe was, then let him in the room and set off the alarm. He couldn't find the key.

How could that haarp thing have anything to do with that light you saw? Are you thinking possible action in the ionospere?
This is all very interesting (I'm a physics major)
Old 08-23-2004, 11:32 AM

Car Info: 98 Impreza Outback Sport
One Alaskan puts it bluntly. A founder of the NO HAARP movement, Clare Zickuhr, says: "The military is going to give the ionosphere a big kick and see what happens."

The military failed to tell the public that they do not know what exactly will happen, but a Penn State science article brags about that uncertainty. Macho science? The HAARP project uses the largest energy levels yet played with, by what Begich and Manning call "the big boys with their new toys." It is an experiment on the sky, and experiments are done to find out something not already known. Independent scientists told Begich and Manning that a HAARP-type "skybuster" with its unforeseen effects could be an act of global vandalism.
scary stuff... If Bush gets re-elected (doubtful), I can't see him doing anything to stop this or ask for more to be learned before we shoot a hole in the ionosphere. This is a new world, and we now have the capability to do much more harm to our own planet than we ever have- we need a leader who understands this isn't blinded by the need for national defense.
Old 08-23-2004, 11:44 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: this required information?
was it a football/baseball game perhaps?
Old 08-23-2004, 01:05 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 PSM STi
Originally Posted by dr3d1zzl3
sure is, read up on it a bunch about 3 years or so ago... pretty amazing the effects of certain frequencies on people.. DId you know there is an entire branch of study in non leathal weapons in that area?

If certain freq hit a human it can change their mental states, ie agitate or subdue them... with out pain, hell with out then even knowing it...

lots of tin foil hat people think that the above "test" area could be used as one large lens or beam to hit entire regions with such low freq energy...

it is more then capable of hitting the freq needed, just a question on the science behind it (if it works or not)... pretty amazing **** if you ask me..
That is very true.....as a matter of fact, thats why listening to certain types of music can alter your mood as well. For example, Classical is supposed to make you relaxed, while heavy metal will make you want to go out and kill something. Next time you are in a crappy mood, put on some "happy music," Like maybe some Dave Matthews or Jack Johnson.

-Ted
Old 08-23-2004, 01:07 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Originally Posted by Egan
Are you sure it wasn't one of these?:

Yes, because we all know the moon sets in the north. lol.

No, it wasn't the moon!
Old 08-23-2004, 01:23 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Legacy GT
Originally Posted by GotBoost?
That is very true.....as a matter of fact, thats why listening to certain types of music can alter your mood as well. For example, Classical is supposed to make you relaxed, while heavy metal will make you want to go out and kill something. Next time you are in a crappy mood, put on some "happy music," Like maybe some Dave Matthews or Jack Johnson.

-Ted
Different music will have different effects on different people, though. For me, if I had to listen to Dave Matthews or Jack Johnson, I'd want to go out and kill people for sure (namely Dave Matthews and/or Jack Johnson).
Old 08-23-2004, 01:29 PM
Dahveed aka Robin Hood

Car Info: (RIP) '04 STi Silver
nah HAARP is matrix-type stuff...more than music bro!

Originally Posted by GotBoost?

-Ted
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 PSM STi
Originally Posted by nKoan
Different music will have different effects on different people, though. For me, if I had to listen to Dave Matthews or Jack Johnson, I'd want to go out and kill people for sure (namely Dave Matthews and/or Jack Johnson).

LMAO.....yea, I was wondering how long it would take for someone to mention that.....however, the main point was that music is capable of the same types of effects that we were talking about here.

dahveed - yes, I know, but its the reference to the Sonic frequencies that are capable of changing peoples frames of mind, that I was talking about....as music is a collaboration of sonic frequencies, you just cant aim it at specific areas or ppl for controlled effects.

-Ted

Last edited by GotBoost?; 08-23-2004 at 01:33 PM.

Car Info: 2005 Metallic Gray STI
Originally Posted by stimul8n
My Red, the thing you are looking at is the lamppost, he's talking about the light haze down and to the left of that lamp post.
lol... duh!
Old 08-23-2004, 02:08 PM

Car Info: 05 H2 SUT, 45 GPW, 10 Murano, 13 Boss 302
Originally Posted by brucelee
Yes, because we all know the moon sets in the north. lol.

No, it wasn't the moon!
Old 08-23-2004, 02:37 PM

Car Info: 98 GF, 95 Leg LSi, 91 Leg Sport Sedan
Mulder! Scully! MULDER!!! SCULLY!!! Scully!! Muld......

Quick Reply: Did anyone see that VERY STRANGE light in the north tonight at around 9pm?