did anyone elses parents get a divorce?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 08:15 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Originally Posted by kYLEMtnCRUZr
well you said one of your hobbies is drinking in the other thread, so don't let alcohol bring you down...its a life long disease.

I'm sure you have a friends family you are close to. Friends families are better than your own relatives in some cases.

my mom raised me until i was 2 then my "dad" came along and have been happy since, my original dad is a mortitian...scary...like that 6 feet under show. He sent me a letter...when i turned 18 lol go figure. He's also bald, which is scary too.
baldness runs through the mother's genes....my moms dad is bald
Old 12-12-2007, 10:26 PM

Car Info: 06 wrx
wow so many responses.. i haven't been back here since i originally posted it. well i didn't really explain too much into my situation.

my mother married my original father back in 1980, and shortly after i was born my mother and biological father separated and ultimately got a divorce. when i was about 6 or 7 my mother remarried to her current husband. she now just told me a few days ago over the phone that she was very unhappy with her marriage and it had been that way for many years. now she finally has decided it is in her best interest to leave. when talking to her she sounded very sincere.. she does not want to hurt my step dad, but she believes it will be best for both of them. i back up my mother no matter what her decision is, but it's so strange to me cuz the man who raised me with my mom will be out of the picture. my step dad is basically my father since my biological father couldn't step up.
Old 12-12-2007, 10:52 PM

Car Info: 2003 PSM WRX, 80 Brat ready for Chevy 350 Swap.
Originally Posted by wrXtian
wow so many responses.. i haven't been back here since i originally posted it. well i didn't really explain too much into my situation.

my mother married my original father back in 1980, and shortly after i was born my mother and biological father separated and ultimately got a divorce. when i was about 6 or 7 my mother remarried to her current husband. she now just told me a few days ago over the phone that she was very unhappy with her marriage and it had been that way for many years. now she finally has decided it is in her best interest to leave. when talking to her she sounded very sincere.. she does not want to hurt my step dad, but she believes it will be best for both of them. i back up my mother no matter what her decision is, but it's so strange to me cuz the man who raised me with my mom will be out of the picture. my step dad is basically my father since my biological father couldn't step up.
i feel ya on this one.. about two months ago i was up all night with my mom as she explained how she is miserable with her current relationship and that she is going to wait until me and my little sis are out of the house to deal with it.. she said she will go through the pain when she doesnt have to worry about us anymore.. i personally dont like my step dad so it is all good.. hes a fat jerk.. but it will be hard for her cause it will be her second divorce and she really doesnt want to go through it again.. but she said she is currently miserable!
Old 12-13-2007, 12:06 AM

Car Info: '11 White Shelby Cobra GT 500
Originally Posted by kYLEMtnCRUZr
well you said one of your hobbies is drinking in the other thread, so don't let alcohol bring you down...its a life long disease.

I'm sure you have a friends family you are close to. Friends families are better than your own relatives in some cases.

my mom raised me until i was 2 then my "dad" came along and have been happy since, my original dad is a mortitian...scary...like that 6 feet under show. He sent me a letter...when i turned 18 lol go figure. He's also bald, which is scary too.
For the bald part look at your moms dad if i remember correctly the hair gene comes from your moms side of the family.