Dibs

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2006, 02:17 PM

Car Info: wrx
im not being a dick. im keeping it real. i am not particularly talking about the coilovers, but it was a great example to use wasn't it? besides, it's not me whos interested in the coilovers. its a friend of mine who just bought a wrx and i told him about it. so keep yappin away about it because i dont care!

this whole dibs topic is an interesting subject. im pretty sure it has entertained some of you i-club losers who dont have anything better to do. its funny how you all posted in this thread at the same time. it was probably the highlight of your day... haha
Old 03-14-2006, 02:22 PM

Car Info: civic
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by projectwrx
i know what youre getting at, but we aren't talking about ethics here. your opinion sounds more like a rant and rave. plus, this is not a dealership we have here! 02BlackWRX is right... there is no binding agreement and dealerships do that all the time. you know damn well that saying "i'll be right back" doesn't guarantee a sale. no one is screwing anyone. giving the other person a chance to buy the part is fair enough. if another person wants to pay more and you cant afford to match the price, then thats your bad.

you want fair? this is fair... GIVING ANOTHER PERSON THE CHANCE TO BUY IT. not selling the part to the first person who says he will buy it. like i said, there are people who have nothing better to do than hang out on i-club waiting for a good deal. how fair would it be if someone stayed on i-club all day and bought every good deal listed in the very same minute? hilarious...
sounds exactly like this thread.

As for the comment about people having no lives that stay on the forum all day. I think we all go on the forum cuz we are bored at one time or another. Suppose you get on a forum, and 2 minutes later someone makes a whole thread about parting out their car, and u need half of his parts...would u not jump on it? Does that make you a person with no life cuz u scored a good deal on parts? You just so happen to miss out on some coilovers, and you make a big fuss about it. I've been on the forum for a while, and i've missed good deals more than once. Just two weeks ago, someone was selling a sti hood scoop in my color for 50 bucks . I missed it, but u dont see me crying,

This thread would have a legitimate example if only kspek called dibs on it with no arrangement to pay for it. However he offered to pay instantly through paypal, but the buyer preferred to meet in person and have a cash transaction. I dont see where he called "dibs" on it. Can u further explain your logic?
Old 03-14-2006, 02:23 PM

im not being a dick. im keeping it real. i am not particularly talking about the coilovers, but it was a great example to use wasn't it? besides, it's not me whos interested in the coilovers. its a friend of mine who just bought a wrx and i told him about it. so keep yappin away about it because i dont care!

this whole dibs topic is an interesting subject. im pretty sure it has entertained some of you i-club losers who dont have anything better to do. its funny how you all posted in this thread at the same time. it was probably the highlight of your day... haha

No. Lol +34354535
Old 03-14-2006, 02:26 PM

is this topic still about dibs or bull****? i must have missed the transition. if you want to cry about bad deals or missing out on parts, then you can start a new thread about it.

by the way, "AZN" this isnt about the coilover thread. somehow, the idiots who are involved in that thread brought it here for the purpose of disputing their stupidity.
Old 03-14-2006, 02:31 PM

is this topic still about dibs or bull****? i must have missed the transition. if you want to cry about bad deals or missing out on parts, then you can start a new thread about it.

by the way, "AZN" this isnt about the coilover thread. somehow, the idiots who are involved in that thread brought it here for the purpose of disputing their stupidity.

that's not that you said in your last post. You even stated that the coilovers thread was a GREAT example to use. You made a connection yourself....

here's an interesting thing...

have you noticed how "dibs" seems to be a common thing on i-club these days? lol

some sellers would rather sell the parts to the first people who respond and claim dibs, rather than sell it to someone who will straight up buy it and offer more.

like just recently, there was an instance where my friend was going to pay more for the part over someone who had "dibs" and the seller didnt grab at the chance to make more out of it or have the person with "dibs" match the offer.

thats on the real tip yo! oh snaps!!

and in your original post...

Your thread does has its legit reasoning behind it as i do see people calling dibs but you've got the wrong example used to back up your points and that's why this thread backfired on you.

Last edited by AzN121184; 03-14-2006 at 02:36 PM.
Old 03-14-2006, 02:38 PM

projectwrx

Trader Rating: (0) ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

do you go out to the UCKK meets on tuesday?

How is that relevant? Are u interested in meeting me and kspek after we install his coilovers? I can ask kspek to give you a ride in his car if you wanna see how they perform

btw, i'm a loser that's just bored sitting in lecture at school Lol +1209382938
Old 03-14-2006, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by AzN121184
Your thread does has its legit reasoning behind it as i do see people calling dibs but you've got the wrong example used to back up your points and that's why this thread backfired on you.

say what you want to say... its still pointless. dont let this thread backfire in your face in real life. unlike you, i can say these same things in real life... not just behind the computer. hows that for keepin real? LOL +31523523

putting all bull**** aside, DIBS ARE USELESS and so is ONLINE COMMUNITY BUSINESS ETHICS. money talks... beeyotch.
Old 03-14-2006, 02:39 PM

all in all it's up to the seller and buyer. if the buyer wants to be a ***** and sell to someone else who they agreed to sell....then they can be a *****. If the seller wants to flake out on a deal where he agreed to buy from someone, then that person can be a *****. It's all about personal preference.
Old 03-14-2006, 02:40 PM

say what you want to say... its still pointless. dont let this thread backfire in your face in real life. unlike you, i can say these same things in real life... not just behind the computer. hows that for keepin real? LOL +31523523

putting all bull**** aside, DIBS ARE USELESS and so is ONLINE COMMUNITY BUSINESS ETHICS. money talks... beeyotch.

Alright. If you still believe that's how it is. I just figured you posting in a public forum where all the losers hang out at would be accept all perspective of the subject and not just those that agree with you on a certain level.
Old 03-14-2006, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by Akira-R
all in all it's up to the seller and buyer. if the buyer wants to be a ***** and sell to someone else who they agreed to sell....then they can be a *****. If the seller wants to flake out on a deal where he agreed to buy from someone, then that person can be a *****. It's all about personal preference.

exactly...

and when the buyer chooses to accept less money or gets screwed over by flakes... thats how they chose to do it.
Old 03-14-2006, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by AzN121184
Alright. If you still believe that's how it is.

LOL + 139249214

i just can't get rid of this fob can i?

maybe you should just collectively make one post of all your thoughts so it doesnt waste so much bandwidth. its getting somewhat boring and off the point.
Old 03-14-2006, 02:45 PM

LOL + 139249214

maybe you should just collectively make one post of all your thoughts so it doesnt waste so much bandwidth. its getting somewhat boring and off the point.
well i'm bored. How was your day? my lecture's pretty boring.
Old 03-14-2006, 02:51 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
LOL + 139249214

And the point was that you just wanted to whine about somebody having ethics and selling it to the first person that bought them money?
Old 03-14-2006, 02:57 PM

Hey can u stop sending me Private messages? You made a thread, i posted in the thread. You dont see me private messaging you do you?

Now you're making me go off topic

back to....DIBS!
Old 03-14-2006, 03:04 PM
I <3 White Girls

Car Info: E92 M3, E70, F32, E21
lol, I haven't seen lawmandy get into **** with someone since we pushed his car accross the UCKK parking lot that 1 time.

anyways....dibs are garbage, what simon had wasn't dibs..its not called dibs when you are willing to pay for something on the spot, thats called going through with the purchase, TIA

also, projectwrx, why are you always trying to get into ****...This is a good thread, but why are you bringing your previous transaction into this? If I was a seller and you wanted something I was selling i'd probably not sell it to you cuz you're such a *****.

Quick Reply: Dibs