Damned Thieves! (Stockton)

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 08:56 PM

Car Info: '05 LGT
Damned Thieves! (Stockton)

My fiancee parked at the Post Office in Stockton on Monday to get her mail and when she came out, her passenger window was smashed and her backpack along with her brand new camera that I had just bought - Casio Exilim EX-Z1000 - was gone.

For those that know Stockton, it was near UOP. It really pissed me off that someone would be so brazen. She was in there like five minutes. Of course she now realizes why I always tell her "out of sight, out of mind". I've been searching craigslist but nothing has come up. It was probably stolen by a bum because she said they took her roll of tissue - she has a cold - and left her cell phone and CD case. Anywhere else to look? I know it's pointless but I may as well try.
Old 10-19-2006, 09:05 PM

Unhappy

Oops wrong forum. Can we move this please?
Old 10-19-2006, 09:06 PM

Car Info: ur mom crazy
im sorry to hear that.. next time, if you go to stockton dont ever leave **** in your car. that happens alot over here.
Old 10-19-2006, 09:10 PM
Chicks dig me. April Fool's!

Car Info: 1997 Impreza, 2014 BRZ
Yeah... I got my bicycle stolen, so yeah, I know how you feel.
Old 10-19-2006, 09:17 PM

She works and goes to school there. I lived in the city for over two years and haven't had a problem. Well ok, I did have my license plate stolen when I first started working there but after I started slicing my tags and using nuts instead of slotted screws to secure it I haven't had a problem since. I keep everything either in the trunk or preferably not in the car though.
Old 10-19-2006, 09:24 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: looking for a gc
i had gas stolen by uop... really though, gas.. i had full tank when i got to my homies dorm, come out 3 hours later, and my gas cap is open and im down to 1/2 a tank.... it was seriously, the saddest, funniest, f*cked up thing that has ever happened to me
Old 10-19-2006, 09:43 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: RIP: 04 WRB SEDAN Now Rollin' in STi
Originally Posted by krzyxrevver12
i had gas stolen by uop... really though, gas.. i had full tank when i got to my homies dorm, come out 3 hours later, and my gas cap is open and im down to 1/2 a tank.... it was seriously, the saddest, funniest, f*cked up thing that has ever happened to me
:rotfl:
Old 10-19-2006, 11:06 PM

Car Info: ur mom crazy

:rotfl: :rotfl: stockton is hella ghetto! i hate my town!
Old 10-19-2006, 11:23 PM
Token Toyota Mod

Car Info: Something german
ya stockton is bad.
Old 10-20-2006, 12:19 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
wow, sorry to hear about that.

There is one, sure-fire way to make sure nice things are never stolen from you....don't have nice things, thats why I dont have anything really nice
Old 10-20-2006, 10:45 AM

^^^ I can live with that but the woman is another story...

Kidding love.
Old 10-20-2006, 12:27 PM

Car Info: Sleeper Much?
Yeah funny if your car has a gas lid you're supposed to open by hand..but one that is cable activated release would be super ****ty. Prying against the body to open it....all for what...$15 in gas...bull****. Kill em.
Old 10-20-2006, 12:52 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by MBasile
wow, sorry to hear about that.

There is one, sure-fire way to make sure nice things are never stolen from you....don't have nice things, thats why I dont have anything really nice

not any reflection on you.......

but, I personally hate this point of view. I've heard that time and time again from people. To me it's a self defeatest point of view. Why the **** should I let some ***** thief not only steal my **** but steal my self respect and my joy. So things get stolen...big friggin deal. They're things. Why go through life depriveing yourself of things you enjoy because you're afraid they'll get stolen.

I've had probably $30,000 in stuff stolen from me over the years. My stereo's stolen out of my cars 3 times...with alarms. CD's. Custom pool stick. TV's. Paintings. 3 bicycles...one of them was worth around $3500. Etc etc. etc. Some stuff I could have stopped but much of it was out of my control. **** happens. Of course I got pissed when it happens but when you realize it's just stuff and can be replaced some day then life goes on.

I think the busted window would **** me off more than anything. I know when I got my cd's jacked last time it was for me. It's like...dude...get a damn job. Why do you need to bust up my ****. Just go to the store and steal some cd's.

Freakin cowards man. I hate thieves.
Old 10-20-2006, 01:50 PM

it was seriously, the saddest, funniest, f*cked up thing that has ever happened to me
A housemate of mine had his MR2 broken into where he works in Daly City. They broke into the trunk and stole his $12 air filter and a pool cue. To achieve this, they broke the lock and took a crowbar to the door (probably > $500 damages).

While that car was in for repair, his beater MR2 was stolen outright from the same lot. It was recovered a month later in SF, but had accrued > $2000 in storage fees and parking tickets so he wrote it off rather than trying to fight the system to recover his costs.

A couple of months later he bought a Honda S2000. Some months later, this too was broken into while he was staying in a motel in Belmont. They sliced the roof open, stole his CDs (which were copies from his CDs at home) and they also stole a bag of dirty laundry from the trunk.

All this inside a year
Old 10-20-2006, 03:43 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: looking for a gc
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
not any reflection on you.......

but, I personally hate this point of view. I've heard that time and time again from people. To me it's a self defeatest point of view. Why the **** should I let some ***** thief not only steal my **** but steal my self respect and my joy. So things get stolen...big friggin deal. They're things. Why go through life depriveing yourself of things you enjoy because you're afraid they'll get stolen.

I've had probably $30,000 in stuff stolen from me over the years. My stereo's stolen out of my cars 3 times...with alarms. CD's. Custom pool stick. TV's. Paintings. 3 bicycles...one of them was worth around $3500. Etc etc. etc. Some stuff I could have stopped but much of it was out of my control. **** happens. Of course I got pissed when it happens but when you realize it's just stuff and can be replaced some day then life goes on.

I think the busted window would **** me off more than anything. I know when I got my cd's jacked last time it was for me. It's like...dude...get a damn job. Why do you need to bust up my ****. Just go to the store and steal some cd's.

Freakin cowards man. I hate thieves.
+1

Quick Reply: Damned Thieves! (Stockton)