Daly City cop(rookie) pulled me over for prodrive wrsport exhaust(axelback only)??

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 09:55 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Originally Posted by eugenile
headers? Sounds like a Honda civic to me.

Thought you knew brah.. Imprezas are the new Civic.
Sadly the new Impreza sedan looks a lot like a civic.
Old 12-04-2009, 10:18 AM

Car Info: Subaru STI
Originally Posted by Overbear
1) Paragraphs learn what they are
2) You broke the law, he was doing his job
3) Let me stress this again, you type like a retarded 3 year old monkey on crack. If you want people to take you serious, format your posts into proper English and spell check.

That said, we all know that axle back exhaust is a gray area, however going strictly by the letter of the law, he was right to ticket you. It is bogus, I agree with you 100% on that, but... That does not give you the right to imply the officer was "fake" or "not doing his job" when in fact that is exactly what he was doing.
Haters got to hate. The officer was not doing his job. It is their ignorance of the law that makes them bastards.

First off. Axel backs ARE NOT ILLEGAL! You have the right to put whatever you want on as long as they do not break the 95 DBa law in California.

Here one Ca Vehicle code:
http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d12/vc27150_2.htm

Another: (ca veh. code 27200 establishes 95 DBA @ 50 feet!
http://www.aroundthecapitol.com/code...00/27200-27207

So for all you people saying the cop is doing his job, blow me! Right after this I have to complete a defense to a speeding ticket I got, the cop said I had made it to 75 mph in 404 FEET!!! Less than an 1/8 mile. so the cop is lying!!!! Cops lie thats in their job description.

Good luck BRUVA!
Old 12-04-2009, 10:20 AM

Car Info: Subaru STI
And I had a cop ask me "what kinda honda is this" When I had a window banner that said SUBARU and I have an STi so there is 50 stickers and badges that say subaru, they are all morons, they are just pissed they have to spend their lives as meter maids with guns.
Old 12-04-2009, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by horsecut54

First off. Axel backs ARE NOT ILLEGAL! You have the right to put whatever you want on as long as they do not break the 95 DBa law in California.

You're right, and you're wrong. There is a DBa law in CA like you stated, but in the law book it states that ALL modified exhaust systems are illegal, which is really weird because what are you supposed to do if your muffler needs to be replaced? Does that mean you have to buy the stock muffler and can't buy some aftermarket replacement muffler, even if it mimics the stock one?

I'd pull out the law book (or a link) but I'm far too lazy to do so... I do remember reading it though, and I'm 100% sure because the state ref, my friend and I had a conversation about it... He said that the law is like that just so that they can technically site you for anything... I love CA.

Can someone back me up with that one? Unless the law has changed since 2003 (when we discussed it, actually, now that I think about it, there was a thread about it back a few years right here in BAIC), but I'm pretty sure it's the same.
Old 12-04-2009, 10:29 AM

Car Info: Forester XTi
Originally Posted by stylin525
Overbear drinks "hater-rade" lol...... but he's got a point. Learn how to hit enter and tab bro...and speak Engrish prease...lol
Drink it? Hell man its what I replaced my blood with.
Old 12-04-2009, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by brucelee
You're right, and you're wrong. There is a DBa law in CA like you stated, but in the law book it states that ALL modified exhaust systems are illegal, which is really weird because what are you supposed to do if your muffler needs to be replaced? Does that mean you have to buy the stock muffler and can't buy some aftermarket replacement muffler, even if it mimics the stock one?

I'd pull out the law book (or a link) but I'm far too lazy to do so... I do remember reading it though, and I'm 100% sure because the state ref, my friend and I had a conversation about it... He said that the law is like that just so that they can technically site you for anything... I love CA.

Can someone back me up with that one? Unless the law has changed since 2003 (when we discussed it, actually, now that I think about it, there was a thread about it back a few years right here in BAIC), but I'm pretty sure it's the same.

Don't bother with him man, he has, time and time again proven he hates LEO's, and refuses to admit when he is wrong.
Old 12-04-2009, 10:40 AM

Don't bother with him man, he has, time and time again proven he hates LEO's, and refuses to admit when he is wrong.
It's nothing against him or anyone, I just wanted everyone to know that the law states that you can't modify your exhaust at all, even if it is below 95db... Yes, its a contradiction and makes no sense, but thats what it says in the book.
Old 12-04-2009, 10:41 AM

Car Info: 2008 Forester XT Sports
SOUTH HILL REPRESENT! haha. what was the cops name??
Old 12-04-2009, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by brucelee
It's nothing against him or anyone, I just wanted everyone to know that the law states that you can't modify your exhaust at all, even if it is below 95db... Yes, its a contradiction and makes no sense, but thats what it says in the book.
Yea...they are kids what are ya gona do. They wont listen to us older/wiser folk.
Old 12-04-2009, 11:14 AM
Chicks dig me. April Fool's!

Car Info: 1997 Impreza, 2014 BRZ
Depending on what set of laws you read, under CARB they are fine, but under the vehicular code "technically" ANY change to the exhaust system is a violation.
http://www.bobsmuffler.com/noise.htm

I don't think that is quite correct. The way I interpret the CA VC 27151 is that you can't modify your exhaust to be excessively noisy or annoying.

The "so that the vehicle" part is what confuses a lot of people.
Old 12-04-2009, 11:21 AM

Car Info: 94 Integra beater: one Slow 3 Series RIP EvoX
Originally Posted by darkonion
http://www.bobsmuffler.com/noise.htm

I don't think that is quite correct. The way I interpret the CA VC 27151 is that you can't modify your exhaust to be excessively noisy or annoying.

The "so that the vehicle" part is what confuses a lot of people.
Yeah but doesn't mean they can't write you a ticket and force you to have to pay the fee or waste time off work/family to fight it and get it cleared.

Even fix it tickets you have to pay a fee to clear it even though you are CLEARLY not in any violation of the law, but Officer Joe in all his wisdom KNOWS that your headlights are modified so he writes you up. (stock EVO MR HIDs ) ha ha

Someone here quoted something a while back that I completely agree with:
"There is no justice in a system designed to generate revenue"
Old 12-04-2009, 11:28 AM
Chicks dig me. April Fool's!

Car Info: 1997 Impreza, 2014 BRZ
Originally Posted by PikkaGTR
Yeah but doesn't mean they can't write you a ticket and force you to have to pay the fee or waste time off work/family to fight it and get it cleared.

Even fix it tickets you have to pay a fee to clear it even though you are CLEARLY not in any violation of the law, but Officer Joe in all his wisdom KNOWS that your headlights are modified so he writes you up. (stock EVO MR HIDs ) ha ha

Very true.
Old 12-04-2009, 11:37 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Remember to file a complaint after proving that the exhaust is legal.
Every time I received a BS citation, I file a complaint.
Old 12-04-2009, 11:45 AM

Car Info: 05' WRX (Dirty Black)
1) Paragraphs learn what they are

Originally Posted by woocabin
Commas, learn what they are.
and periods, and grammar.

yes, the first post could use some work. but if you're gonna criticize folks on "proper english" your **** better be pretty damn impeccable!
Old 12-04-2009, 12:09 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '00 BRP RS Sedan / '04 PSM FXT (RIP)
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by PikkaGTR
QFT!

-Brian

Quick Reply: Daly City cop(rookie) pulled me over for prodrive wrsport exhaust(axelback only)??