Dad punishes Facebook post with 8 bullets to daughter's laptop

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2012, 07:14 PM

Car Info: evo8
Originally Posted by iLoqin
I like how he listed the chores, and how the chores took a total of like 20 minutes and she expects to be paid for it... lol, it's called discipline.

There are many teens like this, and that's why our society has changed from a "I work hard" to "I deserve this" ideal. Which of course is part of the Occupy movement.
+1

i would have just sold the laptop to at least get back the $130 he spent on the software he was talking about but in the end i agree with everything he has said and done.even my kids know their daily duties and responsibilities,theyre younger than her!!
Old 02-10-2012, 07:36 PM

Car Info: Norco 29er Mtn Bike
Originally Posted by nation
was the kid anywere close?the fact that your kids cant function w/o their electronics is sad. youll be reading about how much you suck on some website soon enough.
I wasnt speaking about 'My kids" in that portion of my post... I was speaking about teenager's around the age of the girl in the video. I also was not talking about using time out's as discipline, what I said is "taking kids(teenagers) electronics away was like a form of timeout because they didnt know what to do with themselves.

This was defiantly the worst flaming I've got on i-club, thought I was back on NAZIOC.
Old 02-10-2012, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by burnyou2
The difference is he DIDN'T shoot the gun off in front of her. She's not 2. She didn't learn the first time they took her stuff away.

She's a 15yo b**** because her friends parents don't do s*** thus they suck at life and influence her to suck as well. He took action, extreme as it was, it sent a message that just might stick this time.

Time outs don't work. When I was little if I misbehaved I got to go pick my own switch off of the tree in our back yard. Guess what? I'm not a punk, I never went emo, I did well in HS, AND I've held a job since I was 14. My parents had a 0 BS policy that worked. If you want to be your kids buddy and let them get away with a stern lecture but never follow through, they will be just as spineless and worthless as the 'nicer' parents who raised them.
I'm not saying the girl isn't a little *****. I just think shooting the laptop was way uncalled for. Oh well, you win some you lose some
Old 02-10-2012, 09:04 PM

Car Info: 05 LGT Wagon 5spd, '11 R6 Race
20 years ago maybe.
these days you have to get a childs attention and hold it for longer than 30 seconds. its insane the crap kids get away with. im proud that a parent took a stand.

This

It's real easy for a parent to punish a kid now a days and the kid learn nothing from it. I imagine all to common actually. He was fed up and I understand, you don't go around disrespecting your parents ever (unless they beat you or something you know). If anything, regardless of how rebellious and naive the kid might be when it all comes down to it you have to think that you are damn lucky to have all the pleasures of life in addition to nice things and that of course is all provided to you via your parents.

I like what he did there. She is going to pissed off for a while at him but at least this drove a real serious point across. She can't facebook and all that **** until she gets a real job and proves herself
Old 02-11-2012, 12:54 AM

Car Info: 2000 AW 2.5RS, 2013 Cadillac Escalade
Watch, the girl is going to punish the dad's face with 8 bullets. Remember Halo 2 kid?
Old 02-11-2012, 07:19 AM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Car Info: 2011 SWP WRX Hatch
the fact that your kids cant function w/o their electronics is sad.
It may be sad, but it's the way of the future. Social networking is beginning to define society. But I don't see it as a bad thing. People are more connected to each other than ever before. The only problem is that there is friction between the older generation of people who don't understand it and the newer generation of people who know nothing but it.

Honestly, if I didn't have my cell phone I would be lost. Sure, I could use a payphone (if I could find one) to call someone. But even then, I don't know anyone's number. All of that is in my cell phone.
Old 02-11-2012, 09:55 AM

Car Info: Reason
Good for him.
Old 02-11-2012, 10:17 AM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
Originally Posted by evo_dadi
+1

i would have just sold the laptop to at least get back the $130 he spent on the software he was talking about but in the end i agree with everything he has said and done.even my kids know their daily duties and responsibilities,theyre younger than her!!
When my brother and I were younger, we got beat. It was the cultural thing to do when kids were bad. I learned, my brother didnt. He enjoyed the beatings. You couldnt do anything to him to punish him. Fast forward 5 years and we were both playing online games and he ripped a bunch of people off. I took away his account and sold it for $3000 and pocketed the cash. He definitely learned his lesson that a beating or scare tactic couldnt teach him.

Putting bullets in a laptop is going overboard not to mention wasting money.
Old 02-11-2012, 11:25 AM

Car Info: 2008 WRX
Makes me love the way I was raised if I ever *****ed like that it'd be game over for me. The younger generations nowadays are a bunch of pussies who don't know what hard work is and take everything for granted.
Old 02-11-2012, 11:56 AM

Car Info: Hybwid Bugeye on corn juice :)
I didn't get my first laptop till I was 20! hahaahha
Old 02-11-2012, 01:02 PM
Nobody likes the tuna here

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX Street Class Prepped, 17 Chevy Duramax
Let's take this into perspective, this man is well off for his area as you can tell acres of land, he can buy another laptop if he wanted to, that's the least of his concerns. This is where his daughter probably started *****ing like a little annoying 15year old because she couldn't have what she wanted, this dad did the right thing. For you who said shooting bullets through "her" laptop is childish? GFY I would do the same ****ing thing if I was the father of this kid and had open land out in North Carolina where no one gives a rats *** you shoot off some rounds it's a normal thing in certain areas to just open carry have a gun shoot it in the backyard hell I wish I could do the same. Also I can't see any signs of the father going in the wrong direction of raising her expect the divorce maybe but he even said while shooting your mother told me to put on in for her too, obviously she had no part in making her become this way. ITS DAMN SOCIETY WITH KIDS THESE DAYS. IF that's the way he decides to parent let it be don't call him a ****ing redneck or hick just cause he used a .45 to shoot a laptop, you gonna call me dad one if he shot my laptop after **** talking about him to the world? I doubt you would. Stop stereotyping people and being the stereotype. You can tell he's so pissed off he can't even finish sentences, thats not because he's drunk whoever said that.
Old 02-11-2012, 03:38 PM

Car Info: Fast
The people that think this uncalled for, or bad parenting, are the reason kids are so difficult to discipline nowaday.
Old 02-11-2012, 04:29 PM

Car Info: 07 Legacy GT Wagon
I see nothing wrong with what this dad did, but I should probably keep my mouth shut on parenting until I have a kid of my own. Kids these days are f'n entitled. I remember acting the fool when I was 9 or 10 and my dad giving me a serious *** whooping. It hurt like a hell and I cried for a couple of hours. I remember it to this day. Do I hate my dad for doing it? Hell no! It was the best lesson I have ever had. It only took one cause I got my ish together after that. Sometimes people need a shocking or scared straight lesson to realize being a trouble maker is not the path you want to take.
Old 02-11-2012, 07:33 PM

This video has created probably one of the most heated debates on I-club... I've never had so many people I don't know pissed off about something I've written online... Makes me want to shoot something LOL
Old 02-11-2012, 07:48 PM
Nobody likes the tuna here

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX Street Class Prepped, 17 Chevy Duramax
Originally Posted by aboothman
The people that think this uncalled for, or bad parenting, are the reason kids are so difficult to discipline nowaday.
+1+1+1+1

I worked with kids for 5 years omg the parenting I see these days. It's absurd omfg.

Quick Reply: Dad punishes Facebook post with 8 bullets to daughter's laptop