Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2012, 11:45 AM

Car Info: 02 WRX
Dad punishes Facebook post with 8 bullets to daughter's laptop

Digital Life - Dad punishes Facebook post with 8 bullets to daughter's laptop
Old 02-10-2012, 11:56 AM
banned

Car Info: 500+ whp Club
oh wow. Guess he is not going to be buying FB stock.
Old 02-10-2012, 12:04 PM

Car Info: A Dirty Car
Good for him. Its ridiculous what Kids think they can get away with now-a-days and how disrespectful they are. If i EVER did ANYTHING like this growing up, I would have had my *** beat into next week. I commend the few parents who actually "regulate" what their kids do to a certain extent, and punishment for when they are out of line.

-Volk
Old 02-10-2012, 12:06 PM
banned

Originally Posted by Volkey
Good for him. Its ridiculous what Kids think they can get away with now-a-days and how disrespectful they are. If i EVER did ANYTHING like this growing up, I would have had my *** beat into next week. I commend the few parents who actually "regulate" what their kids do to a certain extent, and punishment for when they are out of line.

-Volk
*like*
Old 02-10-2012, 12:08 PM

Car Info: 2005 STi
EPIC! Just shared that on my G+. His daughter sounds like your normal teen now a days.
Old 02-10-2012, 12:18 PM

Car Info: wrx wagon 05
cool dad
Old 02-10-2012, 12:26 PM

Car Info: subaru legacy, 01 4eat
Dad has a beer on me if I ever meet him.
Old 02-10-2012, 12:32 PM

Car Info: E85 Tuned
Owned
Old 02-10-2012, 12:53 PM

Car Info: Nadda
I like how he listed the chores, and how the chores took a total of like 20 minutes and she expects to be paid for it... lol, it's called discipline.

There are many teens like this, and that's why our society has changed from a "I work hard" to "I deserve this" ideal. Which of course is part of the Occupy movement.

As for a teen being pissed at parents, that's a normal thing when they hit middle/high school age, they try to make their own limits and are exploring. So I could understand how the daughter posted something because she was mad about it. They are immature and don't understand the things parents try to instill in them. Parents are parents, they aren't your friends, or teacher, or anything else. It's their job to make sure you're brought up right. They CAN be your friend/teacher/coach/etc. but that comes with maturity. Even when I thought back to my high school days I do remember some times I'd get into arguments with parents, but I never publicly (no FB back then) try to deface them. Sure I'd complain about them to my friends, that's a normal thing, to just vent it out. But now with all these social sites, it can get you in a lot more trouble real fast. Just take a look at the instant twitter sports players say that get them in trouble.

Now that I'm older, I'm thankful to have had parents who work hard and shown me that I need to work hard. I understand why they had arguments about what I did, and I understand when I got whipped. I do acknowledge I deserved that for my behavior.

Do I believe he should have shot the laptop? Probably not, all kids get mad at parents at one point or another, it's part of growing up. But I do believe kids can grow up without FB and be just fine.
Old 02-10-2012, 01:18 PM
Chicks dig me. April Fool's!

Car Info: 1997 Impreza, 2014 BRZ
Was his kid out of line. Absolutely. But as adults, we need to be positive role models. Putting 8 bullets in a laptop as punishment is childish. You don't set a positive image for your daughter or anyone else.

As for punishing his daughter, I am all for it, but have some restraint.

If I were him, I would be not only furious at her, but at myself for being such a ****ty parent. No offense or anything, but she either learned it somewhere at some point. You dropped the ball somewhere in your kid's upbringing.
Old 02-10-2012, 01:30 PM

Car Info: 2002 BRP 2.5RS
Paid for chores? It's called a f***ing roof over your head and food. Anything else is a luxury. Good for him.
Old 02-10-2012, 01:32 PM

Car Info: 2002 BRP 2.5RS
Originally Posted by darkonion
If I were him, I would be not only furious at her, but at myself for being such a ****ty parent. No offense or anything, but she either learned it somewhere at some point. You dropped the ball somewhere in your kid's upbringing.
At 15/16 she's more influenced by her idiot friends. She's a whiny b**** because her friends are too. He's being proactive instead of being a spineless sap like most parents today.
Old 02-10-2012, 01:33 PM

Car Info: A Dirty Car
Originally Posted by darkonion
Was his kid out of line. Absolutely. But as adults, we need to be positive role models. Putting 8 bullets in a laptop as punishment is childish. You don't set a positive image for your daughter or anyone else.

As for punishing his daughter, I am all for it, but have some restraint.

Congratulations for falling into the same category as all the other stereotypical people who say "look at your kid, I cant believe you raised them that way" .... no, Your kid is that way because of the music they listen to, they friends they have, the ****ty schooling, the things that are on public TV, "rap" videos (lol I had to ) and wanting to rebel as a solution to all these problems. If your child wants to be that way there really is NOTHING you can do as a parent to stop them short of sending them away, or kicking them out. period.

-Volk
Old 02-10-2012, 01:46 PM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
I can see the "Father gets drunk and puts 8 bullets in his kid as punishment" headline in the near future.
Old 02-10-2012, 01:54 PM
banned

Its only going to get worse. Common sense is being replaced by laws. And well .. Why think if there is a law to do it for you. I'm sad for my kids future

Quick Reply: Dad punishes Facebook post with 8 bullets to daughter's laptop