Crisis/zombie outbreak/safety management idea?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 02:17 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Crisis/zombie outbreak/safety management idea?

So with all the crap that's been going on and the posts that are related, I figured of doing something along the lines of the above. Or in more real cases, protection and food/water that should be sufficient to last you a bit when crap hits the fan.

I was thinkin' everyone who participates must either (have a good setup themselves, has arms and would take folks to a range, food/water, safety kit, or wants to seriously get ready for something bad, or even house protection)

I was guestimating sometime at the end of the year to actually go out and get this all done. People should sign up, but plan in having money for their items. Could be anywhere from $250 and up. If you want multiple guns, keep that in mind. I personally will end up saving around a grand or two. We will actually be SPENDING money, not just pretend here.

Things I personally want to accomplish.

-Good first aid kit. (Including flashlights, emergency radio, etc.)
-Shotgun, maybe another gun + rounds. (obviously must have tried @ a range first)
-Consider a guard dog?
-Food/water (GF's pops gets into Travis AFB and I was plannin to grab a bunch of MREs, but still considering canned goods).

Would anyone be interested in serious survival/earthquake/riot disaster preparedness setup?

Last edited by iLoqin; 03-21-2011 at 02:22 PM.
Old 03-21-2011, 02:26 PM
i-Club Sympathizer

Car Info: 1969 BMW R75/5 & Work Whip
In my mind this wouldn't work well unless you are very close together. If stuff does go down I'm not working my way to Fremont. Setting up multiple smaller groups based on proximity makes more sense to me.
Old 03-21-2011, 02:27 PM

Car Info: 2014 Subaru XV (Crosstrek)
This is the kind of thing I would love to do but unfortunately I don't have the means to do this.

For those who do have the means to do this, I would highly encourage getting prepared.
Stock up on MRE's at your local army surplus store, get plenty of water to store, get tough waterproof flashlights, get gun training done, get recovery AND tow straps, and most of all, get a proper first aid kit.

I've got a little bit of stuff primarily with vehicle recovery/emergencies in mind. I've got a roll of Gorilla Tape (that sadly, is almost gone), a tiny fire extinguisher, a recovery strap, a tow strap, a tiny emergency tool pack, a ****ty Bell "automotive emergency kit", road flares, tire patch kit, small can of WD-40, a waterproof detachable red bike taillight (with flash capability), waterproof detachable bike headlights and some other things I probably don't remember.
Old 03-21-2011, 02:28 PM

Hrm, I think I stated this wrong. I didn't mean like a group, we group up when all hell breaks loose. I mean for a group to get together and get all the stuff they want for a crisis situation. So when crap hits the fan, they can individually know that they are fine, or they can protect and provide their loved ones for a while.

Instead of buying all the stuff myself and doing any guess work. Go with a bunch of people trying to achieve the same goal, that is be prepared.

And for the knowledgeable, if you're set-up and by any means dont need to purchase anything, talking about what you have, and combining ideas for others and sharing information would be great. It would be a fun get together.

Last edited by iLoqin; 03-21-2011 at 02:31 PM.
Old 03-21-2011, 02:38 PM

Car Info: Hilux Double Cab with a Dishka on top
Having a group of well prepared friends and establishing a rally point in case of emergencies is a good idea. However, this only works well if everyone is about as equally trained and equipped. This takes time and money.

The last thing you'd want is a bunch of ill prepared, low speed, high drag individuals trying to use your resources. That's setting yourself up for failure.
Old 03-21-2011, 02:44 PM

This is for more individual purposes rather than a highly mapped out thing. But buying things as a group for your own needs.

IE I'd want a gun, maybe two. Could be used for home defense and one other person. Obviously there would be practice involved at the target range, etc. I'm not just buying a bunch of stuff and hope things will work out.

If someone wants a really good first aid kit, then join in, consider the ideas or how vast you want it. Maybe you want a backpack full of emergency dog/cat food for your pets, who knows. Just tryin' to get smart people who are prepared, like Nation =) and get some folks certain things.

My GF the other day got a backpack full of things that she would survive on for a few days if there was no electricity, etc., I figured since some are pretty enthusiastic about being prepared to defend your house/life others and actually have weapons and things set in place, it would be a fun idea to have some of our community get together and get it done.
Old 03-21-2011, 03:17 PM

Car Info: 2014 Subaru XV (Crosstrek)
Oh, if you need telecommunications stuff or advice, YF450Lynx (I think is his username), AKA Sione can help you out with that.

Hell, he's got this pretty badass Ford Expedition with several radios and other stuff
Old 03-21-2011, 03:36 PM

Car Info: EQ Tuned * Corn Juiced '05 WRX
I have a case of MREs stocked in my room along with my main weapon and sidearm. Got 12x30round mags for my M4 and some ammo for my sidearm w/ multiple mags along with a tac vest and dropleg holster and drop leg pouch.

Just remember folks....DOUBLE TAP!!!
Old 03-21-2011, 04:08 PM

Car Info: 2003 WRX Wagon
Something I'm having trouble with is figuring out how much ammo I need. From MW2, I know that my accuracy in a combat situation is around 16%. Assuming you can only drop a zombie with a headshot, my hit rate would be considerably lower. But let's assume I'm a master of headshots (aimbot, whatever).

In your case of having 360 rounds for the M4, you could conceivably stop 58 zombies before you're out of ammo. Could you really survive a zombie outbreak?

Oh, and to the OP, I think what you're really asking for is a thorough checklist (shopping list) with recommendations for actual tried and true, field-proven, equipment.

Last edited by CharT; 03-21-2011 at 04:10 PM.
Old 03-21-2011, 04:27 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: nonplussed
Gagan had a pretty thorough emergency kit thread a while back. Lemme see if I can find it.

https://www.i-club.com/forums/showth...light=Disaster

and Overbear's BOB thread.

https://www.i-club.com/forums/showth...hlight=bob+kit

Last edited by ryball; 03-21-2011 at 04:38 PM.
Old 03-21-2011, 04:41 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Originally Posted by Lurk
Having a group of well prepared friends and establishing a rally point in case of emergencies is a good idea. However, this only works well if everyone is about as equally trained and equipped. This takes time and money.

The last thing you'd want is a bunch of ill prepared, low speed, high drag individuals trying to use your resources. That's setting yourself up for failure.
I'll pm over the grid coordinates to my compound.
Old 03-21-2011, 04:48 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: nonplussed
Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned
I'll pm over the grid coordinates to my compound.
If my low ground bug in plans fail, can I get on the list so I can stop over on the way to the cabin?
Old 03-21-2011, 05:00 PM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
but its much more fun starting out a crisis ill prepared. resident evil would've been no fun if i started off with all the gun/ammo selection in the beginning.

seriously though this board is scary when it comes to worrying about the apocalypse. id much rather play the evil side like that head zombie from legend
Old 03-21-2011, 05:01 PM

Car Info: Miata and dirtbikes
my zombie plan is steal a boat and go to alaska
Old 03-21-2011, 05:05 PM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

What kind of disaster do we have here?

Earthquakes. For me I plan on bugging IN. So that's like an extended camping trip... either in the backyard or front.

Now for a zombie/SARS/ massive society breakdown, find me at the closest Costco. Think about it. Miminal entry points. Lots of emergency exits that could be barricaded. Most have gas stations. Food. Water.

Quick Reply: Crisis/zombie outbreak/safety management idea?