Creative Kustoms in San Jose rocks

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2005, 04:20 PM

Car Info: '21 STI
Creative Kustoms in San Jose rocks

I just got my sideskirts back from Creative Kustoms in San Jose and they did an awesome job. The paint on my sideskirts is way better than the cheap paint Subaru uses lol. George and Elizabeth rock. I highly recommend them and will probably go back to them when I get my lip painted.

My friend tried to paint my sideskirts and did a **** job. Anyways, I took it to them to get re-prepped and painted. It only cost 120 which is a pretty damn good deal in my opinion. So if you need anything painted, go there. It's well worth it.
Old 06-06-2005, 04:23 PM

I get all my painting done there. A lot of the Europrojekz cars get stuff done there as well.

My friend just got his sideskirts & rear lip back today:

-Preston
Gruppe-S

Last edited by gruppe-s; 06-06-2005 at 04:27 PM.
Old 06-06-2005, 04:25 PM

Yeah, there were a few VWs and Audis there.

For all my paint needs, I'm goin back.
Old 06-06-2005, 04:30 PM
I <3 White Girls

Car Info: E92 M3, E70, F32, E21
Originally Posted by gruppe-s
I get all my painting done there. A lot of the Europrojekz cars get stuff done there as well.

My friend just got his sideskirts & rear lip back today:

-Preston
Gruppe-S
lol I was part of europrojektz like 4 years ago
Old 06-06-2005, 05:27 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
eurprojektz....like Rick Ko?
Old 06-06-2005, 07:17 PM

Car Info: 2003 WRX Metallic Silver
I keep hearing good things about these guys. I talked to them once and they seemed cool. But the one thing that bugs me is that for the work I was asking them to do they wanted to charge me around $900+ while 3 other places offered $200-$350.
The damage on my car and is still on my car seem to be like I was shot by some pellet gun or something.
Old 06-06-2005, 07:44 PM

They charged alot less than other places that I called. I got a really good deal and it came out awesome. Couldn't be happier. Now I need to wash my car because the skirts are alot cleaner than the rest of the car.
Old 06-06-2005, 08:19 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
They rock. They did my sideskirts almost two years ago now. They still look great - except for where that curb took a bite out of them
Old 06-06-2005, 08:45 PM
I <3 White Girls

Car Info: E92 M3, E70, F32, E21
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
eurprojektz....like Rick Ko?
yup, and Jaime Rivera

werd
Old 06-06-2005, 09:35 PM
mot
Likes The Color Purple

Car Info: plug-in prius
they did my whole car! 6k++
Old 06-07-2005, 12:06 AM

Car Info: Nadda
Yea these guys rock. A while back they did a whole Subaru paint job. Huge deal with 30+ guys going to them for their first time side skirt paints for a huge discounted price. I still have my sideskirts on today done by them =)
Old 06-07-2005, 07:36 AM

Car Info: 2005 Blue STi Gold Wheels Piggy Stickers!!!
Talking Price difference.

Originally Posted by Azjon
I keep hearing good things about these guys. I talked to them once and they seemed cool. But the one thing that bugs me is that for the work I was asking them to do they wanted to charge me around $900+ while 3 other places offered $200-$350.
The damage on my car and is still on my car seem to be like I was shot by some pellet gun or something.
Hi Azjon,
There could be a good reson for this. First off how would they repair the hole. A lot of places just slap bondo on it and sand it. I am willing to bet they will do the following.
Sand the area, and pull the dent flat. Then fill it with a welder, tig is prefered because of no slag. Next sand it so smooth it looks like a babies bottom. Little or no bondo needed. Then prep the whole panel and paint it the right way.

Also the type of paint makes a huge difference in price. PLaces like Macco use cheap *** paint. I bet they use house of color or some other high grade paint that wont fade and goes on thin with great pigment. Then they color sand and clear coat.

To do things right takes time and money, but the results are worth it.

I would talk to them about how they repair the damage, and why others seem to be so cheap. I am willing to bet they will be more than happy to walk you through the differences.
Old 06-07-2005, 06:07 PM

Car Info: 2003 WRX Metallic Silver
Originally Posted by dsilver668
Hi Azjon,
There could be a good reson for this. First off how would they repair the hole. A lot of places just slap bondo on it and sand it. I am willing to bet they will do the following.
Sand the area, and pull the dent flat. Then fill it with a welder, tig is prefered because of no slag. Next sand it so smooth it looks like a babies bottom. Little or no bondo needed. Then prep the whole panel and paint it the right way.

Also the type of paint makes a huge difference in price. PLaces like Macco use cheap *** paint. I bet they use house of color or some other high grade paint that wont fade and goes on thin with great pigment. Then they color sand and clear coat.

To do things right takes time and money, but the results are worth it.

I would talk to them about how they repair the damage, and why others seem to be so cheap. I am willing to bet they will be more than happy to walk you through the differences.
Yes i'd like things done right. But for damage thats about the size of a quarter $900+ seems way too much. Creative K was the first place I went to. They popped in numbers onto their computer and came up with the price. I talked to other places and just by looking at it they were saying their prices. I asked them why it was cheaper and they said "well if we used our computer to compute the prices then it would probably end up being around $900+ as well."
I want to get my car fixed by them but I really dont want to pay $900+ for it.
Maybe I should let some folks see the damage and get an opinion to say if the $900+ is worth it. But its really the size of a quarter.
Old 06-08-2005, 09:33 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by Azjon
Yes i'd like things done right. But for damage thats about the size of a quarter $900+ seems way too much. Creative K was the first place I went to. They popped in numbers onto their computer and came up with the price. I talked to other places and just by looking at it they were saying their prices. I asked them why it was cheaper and they said "well if we used our computer to compute the prices then it would probably end up being around $900+ as well."
I want to get my car fixed by them but I really dont want to pay $900+ for it.
Maybe I should let some folks see the damage and get an opinion to say if the $900+ is worth it. But its really the size of a quarter.

well did you go by CK? Or just call.

I don't have any idea what the damage is but I'll tell you this....a lot of other shops love to cut corners. Yeah you can pay $350 but there's a damn good chance you're gonna get a knock off parts or they'll just swipe some bondo over the dent and paint it...with crappy matched paint.

I've gone to a few different body shops and had some seriously bad work done. After dealing with Creative like 3 times now I don't think I'll ever go to another one.

What other body shops are you going too? Maybe I can stear you away from one or two if I've been to them.
Old 06-08-2005, 10:18 AM
VIP Member

My wagon is at Creative Kustoms now getting a fat gash on the driver's side repaired (damn work parking lot). I'm also getting the roof rails taken out, skirts repainted and debadging the rear. It should be real clean

I'll post pics when I get it back next week.

Quick Reply: Creative Kustoms in San Jose rocks