Craigslist ripoff

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 02:24 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
Originally Posted by slow04wrx
people can charge whatever they want, and I can show people how ****ing dumb they are if I want, gotta love America.
The irony here is that when you post, especially when you get all worked up, all you end up doing is looking like a jack *** and a moron.

Well played.
Old 07-03-2008, 02:29 PM

Regardless of how you may think I sound (I personally think someone in a thread is a jackass when they try and do things like talk down someone else car when they have no clue) but I don't really care because what I'm saying is the truth

Since im on my 5th subaru, the family on it's 7th in (cars are since 2000~) And I've helped work and been a main facilitator in all of these transactions. I think I know about car buying.

this is the car market, spouting economic principles that don't apply does no good, no matter how cool it makes you feel you remembered it from school.

I will agree that me posting and being angry does seem stupid, but hey im not perfect and if I didn't have people arguing with just untrue information, and stupid ideals I wouldn't have sounded like a jerkoff
Old 07-03-2008, 02:32 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Andrews insane RS... can't believe he's selling it.
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/car/737543852.html

Here's one for $8000
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=1549163

$12k with a swap
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=1525867

swapped $14k.
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=1502013

here's my point. I looked through probably 300-400 subaru for sale ads on a few different sites and found maybe 10 RSs.

Its hard to find one stock. Its hard to find one nice and properly maintained. They are far less of those than there are wrxs. They're sought after. They go for what they're worth or more.

Is $9500 a little high... yes. But not so high that it should have a thread about it. I'm sure he'll settle for less. You always list cars for more than you want because people ALWAYS offer less. Even if you list it under KBB or edmunds.

and calling someone as O.G. as Blu out on i-club is foolish my friend. Specially when he could take his automatic wagon and most likely drive you under the table.

KBB and edmunds might list it at that $6-8k range but that doesn't necessarily reflect true market value. That car rightly should sell for $75-8000 probably so it's not like he's asking $12k for it...which less a year ago wasn't out of the norm.

Last edited by OneManArmy; 07-03-2008 at 02:44 PM.
Old 07-03-2008, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Andrews insane RS... can't believe he's selling it.
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/car/737543852.html

Here's one for $8000
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=1549163

$12k with a swap
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=1525867

swapped $14k.
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=1502013

here's my point. I looked through probably 300-400 subaru for sale ads on a few different sites and found maybe 10 RSs.

Its hard to find one stock. Its hard to find one nice and properly maintained. They are far less of those than there are wrxs. They're sought after. They go for what they're worth or more.

Is $9500 a little high... yes. But not so high that it should have a thread about it. I'm sure he'll settle for less. You always list cars for more than you want because people ALWAYS offer less. Even if you list it under KBB or edmunds.

and calling someone as O.G. as Blu out on i-club is foolish my friend. Specially when he could take his automatic wagon and most likely drive you under the table.
I understand they are rare, but my point was that in the current time.....it's just a joke to ask that much. Foolish is talking **** on somebodies car and saying its in poor condition or abused when you've never seen it! . Maybe he could drive me under the table (i'm sure his car isn't abused), I could say how my car is so fast and im such a great driver......but i've never seen the guy drive so it would be idiotic to make such a statement.....

You got to understand some of those swaps between 12-14k are not an rs with 3-5k into them. They have more like 10+ grand into them......therefore the higher price not to mention you actually get something tangible for that price.

Please don't think that my opinion is rs is a turd, but;

A rare turd is still a turd.
Old 07-03-2008, 02:40 PM
Chicks dig me. April Fool's!

Car Info: 1997 Impreza, 2014 BRZ
I think the price of the car is ballpark. I think he inflated the price a little, too, knowing that some people will try to haggle him down.
Old 07-03-2008, 02:45 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Regardless of how you may think I sound (I personally think someone in a thread is a jackass when they try and do things like talk down someone else car when they have no clue) but I don't really care because what I'm saying is the truth

Since im on my 5th subaru, the family on it's 7th in (cars are since 2000~) And I've helped work and been a main facilitator in all of these transactions. I think I know about car buying.

this is the car market, spouting economic principles that don't apply does no good, no matter how cool it makes you feel you remembered it from school.

I will agree that me posting and being angry does seem stupid, but hey im not perfect and if I didn't have people arguing with just untrue information, and stupid ideals I wouldn't have sounded like a jerkoff
Yea I know what the **** I'm talking about when it comes to used cars. I said Retail Value to give the guy who put the ad up some credit. Do I think that he is going to get that much for it, no I don't. But I'm not about to make a thread whining and crying about it like you. If you look in this thread, you are the jackass. Trying to say that I'm a jackass when I'm stating my OPINION is just play stupid. It's an OPINION about what this guy may be thinking. People hold sentimental value of their cars. Can guess what, the economy is in the dumps, but people will buy vehicles like this in order to stop driving their SUVs and still want to go to the mountains.

And as far as talking down your car, to even THINK that you could get $50,000 for your STi no matter what mods you have is just retarded. Look around in this thread and realize that you are the JACKASS. Sorry to tell you. Do us all a favor and kill yourself.
Old 07-03-2008, 02:48 PM
VIP Member

I understand they are rare, but my point was that in the current time.....it's just a joke to ask that much. Foolish is talking **** on somebodies car and saying its in poor condition or abused when you've never seen it! . Maybe he could drive me under the table (i'm sure his car isn't abused), I could say how my car is so fast and im such a great driver......but i've never seen the guy drive so it would be idiotic to make such a statement.....
Again, you came on here talking about your mods and your Monster STi, well that usually goes hand in hand with Used and Abused. My car is abused, I've used the hell out of it. Am I still on my original motor? Yes I am. Transmission, still the same. Just because you are getting all butt hurt cause I said your car is used and abused is just retarded. This is the internet, take opinions for what they are and stop trying to make it out to be something else.
Old 07-03-2008, 02:49 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
LOL. I could buy a wrx for 2k less with 30k less miles on it!

The guy is dreaming, sorry but its a 2.5 rs, it has 165 hp. KBB factors in what they all sell for, and is already a rip off. It's not a ferrari this is a total joke, a 1999 cheapo econobox, asking a 50% increase over kelly blue book, when people can't even give away used cars.

LOL

Don't perpetuate the stupidness guys

I put myself in his shoes and all that comes to mind is a song;

ohhhhhhhhh cause I've got HIGHHHHHHHHHHHH HOPES!!!!!!!! YES HIGH HOPES!!!!!!!
Please show me a good quality wrx for $7950

I mean man, I've agreed with you on a lot of other matters, but not this one

Last edited by VRT MBasile; 07-03-2008 at 03:09 PM.
Old 07-03-2008, 02:52 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Normally I'd agree... turds a turd. Point is... its not so far gone that you needed to drag this car through the dirt (as you pointed out) when you don't know anything about it or the owner. Why make the thread. $12k sure yeah that's retarded. $9500... no that's someone that doesn't really wanna sell there car and can afford to wait for a good offer. I'm sure it'll sell for a more realistic number.

And he said probably abused and most used stis these days are.
Old 07-03-2008, 02:54 PM
plays well with others

Car Info: your mother crazy
Originally Posted by VRT MBasile
Please show me a good quality wrx for $7950
thats not being sold by an old russian guy
Old 07-03-2008, 03:02 PM
VIP Member

Normally I'd agree... turds a turd. Point is... its not so far gone that you needed to drag this car through the dirt (as you pointed out) when you don't know anything about it or the owner. Why make the thread. $12k sure yeah that's retarded. $9500... no that's someone that doesn't really wanna sell there car and can afford to wait for a good offer. I'm sure it'll sell for a more realistic number.

Thank you, somebody else who sees the logic. Guy just seemed to get butthurt and decided to go ranting. And I also never said poor condition. But whatever, people read what they want to.
Old 07-03-2008, 03:03 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
$9500... no that's someone that doesn't really wanna sell there car and can afford to wait for a good offer. I'm sure it'll sell for a more realistic number.

Quoted because this bears repeating.

I'd pay around $8K for a good condition RS coupe if I were looking for one. And I'm sure I'm not the only one. Not everyone believes that the GD chassis WRX are a better deal.
Old 07-03-2008, 03:20 PM

Car Info: 06 Audi A3
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/car/741563355.html

Dude kbb is 6 grand, and the economy is in the dumpster+especially used car sales.......

looking for a used subie, disappointed to see this.

I'll buy this for 9 grand and the dude can take my more than legit 06 sti monster for 50 grand.
Why do you always have to talk s*** about people and/or there cars? You are the one talking to down to someone or about someone because of there car. I think you should chill out. This is the second time, I know of, where you are talking about something that you really have no clue about.
Old 07-03-2008, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by nerd
Why do you always have to talk s*** about people and/or there cars? You are the one talking to down to someone or about someone because of there car. I think you should chill out. This is the second time, I know of, where you are talking about something that you really have no clue about.
I don't?

Infact I posted this up, the price is very high. I didn't know you all would be so attached to it.

He said my car was abused, that means poor condition to me.........

He is talking **** about my car and the post didn't even have anything to d with him

but you are going to sit here and complain to me about talking **** about some guys price (not the condition of his car) on craigslist

go to hell

also there are plenty of wrx's for 8+, you may have to go out of state. And they are obviously higher mileage.....for a commuter type car or daily this would be good. And they aren't all sold my old russian guys.

end this thread mods plz, sorry i started it stupid idea.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...=&cardist=2347

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...=&cardist=2451

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...e=&cardist=550

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...=&cardist=2451

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...=&cardist=2506

nuff said. That took almost a whole minute to find

THATS PROOF RIGHT THERE, YOU ARE WRONG ACCEPTTTTTTTT ITTTTTTTTTTTTT

you are uber legittttttt suby yeaaaaa rad!!!!!!!

funny a few of those look a lot nicer than his

Last edited by slow04wrx; 07-03-2008 at 03:38 PM.
Old 07-03-2008, 03:31 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2008 EVO X/1991 Nissan Skyline GT-R32
If you are not going to buy it then who cares really? Its like the Supra or RX-7 that shows around 15K on KBB, but they sell for 20-30K because they are super rare and very nice cars. Now the 2.5 does not have the same kind of potential, but you see just about as many on the road and the condition its in, i think its work asking 9500. After a little negotiating, selling it for 8500 and both parties are happy.

oh, and KBB gives you the SUGGESTED price.!!!! suggested is the key word there.

Quick Reply: Craigslist ripoff