Cousin passed away at Cow Palace Rave...

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 04:10 PM

Car Info: '11 White Shelby Cobra GT 500
Sorry to hear and may he rest in peace
Old 06-01-2010, 06:01 PM

Car Info: '11 White Shelby Cobra GT 500
The channel 2 news are stating it's not a case of tainted drugs. Either way sorry for your loss
Old 06-01-2010, 09:50 PM

i never knew

Originally Posted by horsecut54
I am sorry to hear of your loss. As a long time raver, I can say that bunk pills are ****ed, we used to have DanceSafe come to parties to test pills, they arent around anymore because of the negative stigma around drugs in general.

I can say that it probably wasn't 'moly' it was probably DXM, the ingridient in Nyquill, nasty stuff, mimics the effects of ecstasy but doesnt allow the body to sweat, as people on ecstasy think that you have to drink much more water then you really have to, as you can not sweat, the water itself becomes toxic, make the brain swell and hemmorage. It happened to a girl in a contest for a nintendo Wii, a radio contest, she drank too much water, and died.

If the toxicity report comes back, I would be shocked if its not DXM:

Dextromethorphan (DXM or DM) is an antitussive (cough suppressant) drug. It is one of the active ingredients in many over-the-counter cold and cough medicines, such as Robitussin, NyQuil, Dimetapp, Vicks, Coricidin, Delsym, and others, including generic labels. Dextromethorphan has also found other uses in medicine, ranging from pain relief to psychological applications. It is sold in syrup, tablet, spray, and lozenge forms. In its pure form, dextromethorphan occurs as a white powder.

DXM is also used recreationally. When exceeding label-specified maximum dosages, dextromethorphan acts as a dissociative hallucinogen. Its mechanism of action is as an NMDA receptor antagonist, producing effects similar to those of the controlled substances ketamine and phencyclidine (PCP).[2]

Regardless, I am sorry for your loss, We in the rave community feel your pain and are sympathetic to you family, and for your cousin who didn't deserve this. Please blame the dealer and not electronic music, and the parties. MDMA is a safe drug when taken in pure form, and with responsibility. Trust me when I say that the entire community is greiving with you, including Skills, the promoters of the event, I know them personally, they are good people, and are broken by this.

I dont know one single person that has ever taken a drug that a friend or anyone else hadn't tried.....I feel that it may have just been a rare tragic reaction with the drug. Really hope they can get to the bottom of this...and if it was a dealer that put rat poison in his drug...I hope he burns in hell....THats just evil beyond repair. RIp Fellow subbie Member.... I may just have to sell my EDC ticket and throw in the towel..
Old 06-01-2010, 10:59 PM

Car Info: 2008 WRX
Sorry for your loss bro. Dont hold yourself accountable and know that he is in a better place.
Old 06-03-2010, 02:36 PM
cal

Car Info: 03
I just found out a friend of mine is in a coma from that rave and it's not looking good. Aweful news. My prayers are with him and his family, as well as Anthony Mata's family.
Old 06-03-2010, 08:06 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX wagon=dead; rollin' in a Craptastic Camry!
I'm sorry to hear that your cousin was the young man who died. When I saw this on the news over the weekend I thanked my lucky stars that I made it through all the stupid crap I did in college. Drugs, fast cars, riding with drunk friends and any one of a whole host of other questionable decisions could probably have ended the lives of many on this board, myself included.
Old 06-03-2010, 11:31 PM

yeah

Originally Posted by cal
I just found out a friend of mine is in a coma from that rave and it's not looking good. Aweful news. My prayers are with him and his family, as well as Anthony Mata's family.
Yeah , I just found out that one of my friend's friend...went into a coma that night... he was from UC davis....my prayers are with everyone who was tragically affected from this event...
Old 06-03-2010, 11:43 PM

Car Info: bici putas
this is terrible news. my condolences

It pains me to hear this kind of stuff, having been to all nighters back in the day and seeing the incredible positive energy they can create.

Rest in peace
Old 06-08-2010, 11:13 AM

Car Info: 02 WRX wagon=dead; rollin' in a Craptastic Camry!
I just read on SFGate that another guy died - apparently from kidney failure related to dehydration but the article was vague.
Damn shame.
Old 06-08-2010, 11:23 AM

Car Info: '08 FXT - VF43'd
Originally Posted by BlingBlingBlue
I just read on SFGate that another guy died - apparently from kidney failure related to dehydration but the article was vague.
Damn shame.
Saw that this morning in the Mercury News. Some 25 year old, Trung Nguyen, from San Jose. They believe both deaths are from drug overdoses, and not tainted drugs. Hopefully, something positive will come from these tragic deaths.
Old 06-08-2010, 11:58 AM

rip

Originally Posted by lickwid
Saw that this morning in the Mercury News. Some 25 year old, Trung Nguyen, from San Jose. They believe both deaths are from drug overdoses, and not tainted drugs. Hopefully, something positive will come from these tragic deaths.
I met trung before.... he is a veteran. He did not take more exctacsy then normal and I believe multiple people took the same drugs as he did. I feel that it must have been due to being dehydrated, lack of fresh air, and horrid temperature which lead to a heat stroke that caused him to go into a coma..... is that possible science majors? regardless....so young...
Old 06-08-2010, 03:26 PM
cal

Car Info: 03
Yea Trung is my friend. It's such a tragic loss. He was a really nice and funny guy that always went out of his way to make you feel comfortable. I'll be attending his wake and funeral this weekend. RIP