Cousin passed away at Cow Palace Rave...

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 05:57 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Man, I saw this on the news last night... It was on every channel! It was so sad to see the subies in the driveway... RIP and condolences again.

I heard that they arrested over 70 people for selling/possession of E, and that's a damn good thing too! Get that ish off the streets! I really can't believe that someone would lace the drugs with arsenic... WTF!? I hope everyone who was exposed to the bad drugs pulls through...
Old 06-01-2010, 08:37 AM

Car Info: Nadda
I am not arguing for or against drug use. I'm simply correcting a false statement. Before anyone starts stating something is bad or good or 'clean' or 'dirty', they need the information to base your comment or you're just guessing and that's ignorance.

Anywho, saw this on the news this morning again. Instead of being @ war, they need to bring them back and scope out people in this country. But instead, DEA got cuts, and prisoners without violent offenses are/have been released from jails. So the only way to combat that is to keep on teaching illicit drugs are bad and hope the youth understand.

But again, this all depends. The country tried to ban alcohol, that was a joke. Weed might be legal in some circumstances and I still believe weed is safer than alcohol. Anywho, that's off on a tangent, but related. Goodluck with the homocide detectives in DC testing the pills.
Old 06-01-2010, 09:37 AM

Car Info: 2008 Subaru STI
damn i am sorry for your loss. RIP
Old 06-01-2010, 10:04 AM

Car Info: 97' Dodge Cummins and an RSTI thingie
Rat poision????? That's horrible.... people are friggin evil, I hope they catch the people responsible and crucify them.
Old 06-01-2010, 10:32 AM

Car Info: MY03 WRX (SOLD)/1997 Jeep Cherokee 4x4 w/4.5" lift
RIP, hope they find the sick individual(s) responsible...

-G
Old 06-01-2010, 10:39 AM

Car Info: '12 TSX 6MT/'01 E39 wagon/'67 VW on E85/'93 M900
I'm sorry man. This is painful.

I know of a young girl that died after taking E. She never did any drugs at all and was peer-pressured into taking it by some dude(s), then died while on it. I met her mother afterwords (she was divorced and this was her only child).

Stan

Last edited by stan_t; 06-01-2010 at 10:44 AM.
Old 06-01-2010, 10:55 AM

Car Info: 04 psm wrx sedan
i still dont see why E, or any other pill popping, powder snorting, or needle injecting could be thought of as a fun thing to do...and really, dont buy E at a rave from some random dude...bad choice

parties and raves like this should be shut down, just bad **** waiting to happen...and trance music sucks anyways

regardless, no one deserves to die like that, RIP

Last edited by slugrx; 06-01-2010 at 10:59 AM.
Old 06-01-2010, 12:18 PM

Car Info: Nadda
I'd agree with above, knowing it won't happen. Huge events such as this generate tons of money. Since its parties of course there will be the underground multibillion dollar industry of illicit drugs. Best they can do is catch them... But unless there are undercover LEOs of a ratio manageable (which is extremely costly) there will always be a bare minimum of detectives in the crowd.

Ongoing problem without a solution IMO. Even then there are plenty of other small parties that will never shut down.
Old 06-01-2010, 12:36 PM

Car Info: 2005 WRB wagon / 2006 Red Toyota Tacoma
sorry for your loss
Old 06-01-2010, 12:53 PM

Car Info: bugeye WAR wagon
my condolences to u and ur family... i seen the news coverage and think i seen u in an interview. i also heard a girl call in the radio station about him. sorry for ur loss.
Old 06-01-2010, 12:55 PM

Car Info: Subaru STI
I am sorry to hear of your loss. As a long time raver, I can say that bunk pills are ****ed, we used to have DanceSafe come to parties to test pills, they arent around anymore because of the negative stigma around drugs in general.

I can say that it probably wasn't 'moly' it was probably DXM, the ingridient in Nyquill, nasty stuff, mimics the effects of ecstasy but doesnt allow the body to sweat, as people on ecstasy think that you have to drink much more water then you really have to, as you can not sweat, the water itself becomes toxic, make the brain swell and hemmorage. It happened to a girl in a contest for a nintendo Wii, a radio contest, she drank too much water, and died.

If the toxicity report comes back, I would be shocked if its not DXM:

Dextromethorphan (DXM or DM) is an antitussive (cough suppressant) drug. It is one of the active ingredients in many over-the-counter cold and cough medicines, such as Robitussin, NyQuil, Dimetapp, Vicks, Coricidin, Delsym, and others, including generic labels. Dextromethorphan has also found other uses in medicine, ranging from pain relief to psychological applications. It is sold in syrup, tablet, spray, and lozenge forms. In its pure form, dextromethorphan occurs as a white powder.

DXM is also used recreationally. When exceeding label-specified maximum dosages, dextromethorphan acts as a dissociative hallucinogen. Its mechanism of action is as an NMDA receptor antagonist, producing effects similar to those of the controlled substances ketamine and phencyclidine (PCP).[2]

Regardless, I am sorry for your loss, We in the rave community feel your pain and are sympathetic to you family, and for your cousin who didn't deserve this. Please blame the dealer and not electronic music, and the parties. MDMA is a safe drug when taken in pure form, and with responsibility. Trust me when I say that the entire community is greiving with you, including Skills, the promoters of the event, I know them personally, they are good people, and are broken by this.
Old 06-01-2010, 01:09 PM

Car Info: Subaru STI
Just read another report, Kidney failure and internal bleeding is not an ecstasy overdose, somthing much much worse, some sort of poison. I feel so bad for your family again, the whole community is ****ing pissed. We are sorry.
Old 06-01-2010, 01:39 PM

Car Info: 04 FXT
Sorry for the loss of a suby brother. but pls don't blame mdma, it obviously didn't do this.
Old 06-01-2010, 01:47 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: RIP: 04 WRB SEDAN Now Rollin' in STi
I remember going to raves WAY back in the day... homebase and noodle factory days and yes it gets extremely humid in the venues and dehydration is common.

I'm sorry for your lost OP. Another suby owner down, may he RIP!
Old 06-01-2010, 02:04 PM

Car Info: 2006 Acura TL
It's crazy to know that I went to the same high school with him.

I'd recognize him because of his Jordan collection. Always keeping it fresh and clean. I was a shoehead myself and definitely noticed his kicks. Crazy to know that he also went to de anza too, cuz I was there till last year.

And then I still remember him being one of the kids with the dark red auto integ, gateshifting. lol. I believe he ran with one of my buddies in a turbo'd b16 swap in a civic after school... in like 04-05? Seemed like a good guy, but it's too bad I didn't have the chance to meet him or ever talking to him.

All i gotta say is I'm sorry to hear about this. After his incident, I don't even think I will be going to EDC, which is coming up real soon, later this month.

Another crazy thing is, my friend is now in the hospital. He also went to the rave and the Dr. said he had a heat stroke because of dehydration, lack of water in his system. Kidney is only getting worse. They had to sedate him because he tried to leave... Hope he gets out of there OK.. My friend also attended de anza as well.

And once again, i'm sorry for your loss.

Quick Reply: Cousin passed away at Cow Palace Rave...