Cousin passed away at Cow Palace Rave...

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 11:53 AM
Want to steal my car?
I get stabby!

Car Info: 05 Wrx Impreza
Update: It seems they are treating this as a homicide. the drug may have been tainted with rat poison. heres a link with some info.

http://blogs.sfweekly.com/thesnitch/..._five_othe.php
Old 05-31-2010, 11:56 AM

Car Info: 2016 FXT
I was there on Saturday, even if you were 100% sober I would still be worried about heatstroke. It was terrible in there.

Sorry for you're loss, at least he's in a better place.
Old 05-31-2010, 12:01 PM
rok

Car Info: 20 Tesla Y LR AWD
^^ same. I was there and stayed inside for about an hour because they shut down the side smoking section due to a massive mob bum rush. That side door acts as a vent to the whole arena and made it at least 100* and 90% humid in there. It was the dirtiest sauna ever. think of 3000 people sweating off drugs and smoking whatever in 1 room.

Horrible news OP.

My thoughts an prayers go to your family, along with the other deaths/OD/injuries I keep hearing happened from that night.
Old 05-31-2010, 12:02 PM

Car Info: '01 Forester S
It's all over the noon news right now.
Sorry for your loss.
Old 05-31-2010, 12:02 PM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: You guys mad.
oh damn, rat poison? anyone else wanna say that drugs are safe?
Old 05-31-2010, 12:03 PM

Car Info: 2011 OBP STi
RIP, sorry for your loss.
It was extremely hot in the rave (90+ degrees), along with being on ecstasy (increases body temperature) isn't a good mix. The walls were dripping with sweat.
Old 05-31-2010, 12:15 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
F' E! I'm so sorry for you loss and may he rest in peace... It's going to be REALLY hard for his family, ug...

Two people I know have died from E overdoses... They always talked about how safe E was and how great it was, but it's actually one of the most damaging drugs (to your brain). It does irreparable damage to your brain and can make a 25 year old into a 70 year old with just minimal use (minimal chronic use). It's something to REALLY stay away from... I'm not judging anyone or telling anyone what to do, just asking for people to research the dangers before trying E... There's a lot that people don't know about E and just assume that it's fairly safe because it's a little pill... Know what you're taking before you take it.
Old 05-31-2010, 12:45 PM

Car Info: 2000 Tacoma Pre-Runner 4 Cyl.
Sorry for your loss. Looks like someone wanted to make a little extra money and screwed over a lot of people.

RIP Anthony
Old 05-31-2010, 01:22 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Originally Posted by rau
the above posts and stuff like this is what really pisses me off
I've read up about a lot of the stuff that has to do with E and the causes and effects. That is really true when it gets to E, as you can see if it was laced with rat poison that is the cause of death, not E itself. Pure MDMA can't kill anyone, it's the side effects of ravin' like nuts and not drinking enough water that get people into trouble.

ODing on E is hard, as tolerance builds up extremely fast. Even boosted (poppin' pills midway through to get another jump) ends up dying out after all of your serotonin releases.. and in the end effect you don't feel anything.

As for what Brucelee states, if you're referring to the government studies (which were botched, as other scientists outside the US tried to do the same thing with monkeys found out) the US government didn't use MDMA, they used acetone, which will definitely destroy brain cells for anyone. Studies by other scientists maybe showed a small amount of brain anything, and doesn't mean your brain cells are dead, they do regenerate, just probably slower than you're killing them off.

I might have pissed you off, and you should be, because you believe all illicit drugs are bad or something. There are some that are totally dangerous, but most of the "illicit" drugs, the government uses for medical purposes, whether methadone, or MDMA for depressed patients. The only problem with illicit drugs is that they aren't regulated, and therefore laced with whatever the person dumped into it. That is the determining factor.

True lab chemists vs your backyard chemist.

Again, I know from proof and experience, you can pop as many MDMA pills you want, but once the serotonin has released, nothing else comes of the pills, and hence a waste to even use. The factors that are RELATED, but not caused by MDMA itself is where the garage chemists dumped into the pill, or the side effects of raving for a few hours and not drinking anything, etc.

Last edited by iLoqin; 05-31-2010 at 01:31 PM.
Old 05-31-2010, 01:30 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!
condolences
Old 05-31-2010, 01:40 PM

Car Info: 2007 SWP STi
Originally Posted by iLoqin
I've read up about a lot of the stuff that has to do with E and the causes and effects. That is really true when it gets to E, as you can see if it was laced with rat poison that is the cause of death, not E itself. Pure MDMA can't kill anyone, it's the side effects of ravin' like nuts and not drinking enough water that get people into trouble.

ODing on E is hard, as tolerance builds up extremely fast. Even boosted (poppin' pills midway through to get another jump) ends up dying out after all of your serotonin releases.. and in the end effect you don't feel anything.

As for what Brucelee states, if you're referring to the government studies (which were botched, as other scientists outside the US tried to do the same thing with monkeys found out) the US government didn't use MDMA, they used acetone, which will definitely destroy brain cells for anyone. Studies by other scientists maybe showed a small amount of brain anything, and doesn't mean your brain cells are dead, they do regenerate, just probably slower than you're killing them off.

I might have pissed you off, and you should be, because you believe all illicit drugs are bad or something. There are some that are totally dangerous, but most of the "illicit" drugs, the government uses for medical purposes, whether methadone, or MDMA for depressed patients. The only problem with illicit drugs is that they aren't regulated, and therefore laced with whatever the person dumped into it. That is the determining factor.

True lab chemists vs your backyard chemist.

Again, I know from proof and experience, you can pop as many MDMA pills you want, but once the serotonin has released, nothing else comes of the pills, and hence a waste to even use. The factors that are RELATED, but not caused by MDMA itself is where the garage chemists dumped into the pill, or the side effects of raving for a few hours and not drinking anything, etc.
Really not the time or place for this argument. Not saying I'm disagreeing with you, just please be respectful. It was extremely dangerous this time around, even when this guy thought he was getting "pure" mollies. People are going to remember this guy for one of his dumbest moments and that is unfortunate. Again, my condolences to his family and friends.
Old 05-31-2010, 01:42 PM

Car Info: 2006 AW WRX | 2010 e90 335i M-Sport
wow I'm really sorry about your loss. I was also there on Saturday and it was so hot. Just like a lot of people said it had to be close to a 100 degrees and everyone was on e rollin *****. It was so hot and sweaty in there the floor of the main stage and the stairs to the seats were slippery because of all the sweat. I remember seeing a handful of people collapsed on the ground and they looked like they were in really bad shape, but I remember thinking to myself at the time I hope they are going to be alright. This story is really making me question whether I want to rave anymore. Thanks for sharing and my prayers are with you and your family.
Old 05-31-2010, 02:12 PM

Car Info: 2004 Hybrid WRB WRX
I am very sorry to hear that, and I will definitly pray for his family.
Old 05-31-2010, 02:18 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
I'm very sorry for your family's loss.

Will a mod please pull out all of the drug debate and put it in its own thread?
Old 05-31-2010, 02:22 PM

Car Info: 04.7 AW Time Attack STi
So sorry to hear this bro. I've always had a fear of E and that is why I've never done it, even when a lot my friends back in HS did it every weekend. My thoughts and prayers go out to your family and friends.

Quick Reply: Cousin passed away at Cow Palace Rave...