Corporate America BLOWS!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2005, 10:11 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by leftwo
And I hate to say it, but they can probably monitor your internet usage as well. Things like i-club might not
be on the approved vendor list of sites you can access. Watch out for that crap as well.

Oh they can. I got nailed a while back.

Not suppose to be on ANY non customer or company sites. Bah I say.

See the deal is...I am on a mac. They can't come onto my computer and look at my screen like they can a PC. I've actually seen PC's in our office that had IT on them..>I've seen them log in/boot up and navagate the computer. One time I kept movie it just before he hit the ok button to log in.haaa. was funny as hell.

I got busted before because they didn't have a name attached to my IP and they saw all this activity and freaked. So I called the dude down and explained what was going on. Took a couple days but they got me back online and I don't think they care.

Though some sites are blocked. Like Ebay, joe cartoon, **** crap, stuff like that.

I'm really only ever on like...5 sites that aren't work related so I don't think they care.

Though if I was on a PC i'd have to be much more careful.
Old 04-21-2005, 10:31 AM
Yin

Car Info: 2016 FXT
Exclamation im with you

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
People don't really like me around here cause I tell it how it is. But I get **** taken care of and I do it better than anyone else.

I almost want to get laid off. Give me some reason to go back to school, or get a new job or change professions. I hate white collar america. bunch of selfish money hungry ******.
im on the same page with you on this one. dont stop speaking up, keep on telling it how it is! its not that theyre selfish, well they are, but its mostly because people that work at huge corporations, and love it, are total sellouts. if you dont know what i mean, well youre not on the same page of actually wanting to get work done without the bs of petty office politics and not being recognized among thousands of employees. i call them sellouts because they are wanting to do a meaningless job at some huge company just because they are paid well. you hear phrases like "oh its so easy, why would you want to quit." theyre called goals and aspirations people. look into it.

its funny because i just got laid off from a startup company where i loved working because people actually worked together instead of fought, and it was just more cohesive because of the goal and end product. we knew what we needed to do, instead of *****ing all day about who didnt replace the alhambra bottle. i would work late and on weekends because i wanted to. i had isht to do! now i work at a multinational corporation where i seriously do 15 minutes of real work a day. no motivation, no real research, but with 50% more pay than before. am i any more satisfied... HELL ***kin NO.

so stay strong man! dont give in. ie dont sell out. *** it lets start our own company...
Old 04-21-2005, 10:46 AM
General Pimpin'

No joke...I've told people I'll take like a $10k pay cut to work for a cool company and move back to Santa Cruz. Sadly I might have to take more than that. but I'd do it for the right place.

I've thought about starting my own company doing freelance. I am slowly working on getting my name out there. I'd like to get my foot into the music industry and into the car industry. I actually got some guys worked up and into starting a hot rod magazine....I'll keep you guys posted on how it goes. It'll be quarterly and bad ***.

I think it's funny you said alhambra bottle. I just had this discussion with someone. People always leave it empty or come ask me to do it since I'm close and the strongest one in the office. Well this lady comes in and kinda feels bad asking me to do it....I'm like...oh hell no. The fact that you asked and not assumed I'd love to do it for her. Beyond that she's a couple months pregnant. What kind of selfish SOB wouldn't put water in a damn tank for a pregnant lady. But I know exactly where you are coming from.

And the "why would you quit" comment. I totally agree. We have a couple designers in the midwest that aren't even designers...and beyond that they suck....bad. Well I was pissed cause they split the designers up and gave all the design work to the midwest and all the **** work to the west coast...where all the real designers are...go figure. Shoot i work with one lady that has a masters and 2 BA's. And the lady was like...oh I don't care what they have us do...long as I get paid. on the conference call I stopped for a second then said something along the lines of my happiness is not reflected in my paycheck. with some other fun stuff includied in there.

Sucks man. The non designers get minimum of 2 weeks to do a project. I get well..I'm SUPPOSED to get minimum of 48 hours but sometimes less sometimes more. Lets just say that I myself have almost as many projects out this year as all 6 of the midwest designers..and if you can get into it, I'll give you a link to this new site they just started that shows a couple covers people do every month or two....lets see if you can pick mine..haaa. shoot all but maybe 1 of the good ones came off the west coast...One of them I designed in an hour.
Old 04-21-2005, 11:34 AM

Car Info: 1992 Toyota Sera
dayammm... I'm back in school and I don't get tardies. Took the route through downtown today ... ogled at the hotties enjoying the sun and the remnants of 420 at the Art Gallery, and of course checked iclub first thing ... There's more to life than 9-5...
Old 04-21-2005, 12:02 PM

Car Info: '02 EJ25FXT Stage 2 "No Laggin' Wagon"
Originally Posted by svo+wrx
except in school nobody gives a **** about tardies anymore
I guess they're just happy that students show up at all.

IMHO I say we bring back "closed campuses", truancy officers, vocational schools and the Conservation Corps.
Old 04-21-2005, 12:44 PM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
Dude, I'd rather be a union painter earning $90k than deal with that crap.
Old 04-21-2005, 01:10 PM

Car Info: 2016 WRX Limited
Originally Posted by HellaDumb
Dude, I'd rather be a union painter earning $90k than deal with that crap.
and is 90K suppose to be considered a LOW wage?
Old 04-21-2005, 06:27 PM
Yin

Car Info: 2016 FXT
hey at least you have spec C suspension on yer wagon.

thats a positive.
Old 04-21-2005, 07:05 PM
the artist formerly known as mcdrama

Car Info: WRBP 2015 WRX Premium/CVT

See the deal is...I am on a mac. They can't come onto my computer and look at my screen like they can a PC. I've actually seen PC's in our office that had IT on them..>I've seen them log in/boot up and navagate the computer. One time I kept movie it just before he hit the ok button to log in.haaa. was funny as hell.

I got busted before because they didn't have a name attached to my IP and they saw all this activity and freaked. So I called the dude down and explained what was going on. Took a couple days but they got me back online and I don't think they care.

Though some sites are blocked. Like Ebay, joe cartoon, **** crap, stuff like that.

I'm really only ever on like...5 sites that aren't work related so I don't think they care.

Though if I was on a PC i'd have to be much more careful.

Dood, I work for the second largest internet monitoring/filtering company (SurfControl).
trust me, they could nail your *** to the wall if they wanted to.

But yes, the man sucks, just do what I do, setup an SSH server at home, and tunnel all of your traffic through the tunnel to a proxy at home.
Old 04-21-2005, 07:44 PM

Car Info: 72 Vespa with curb feelers
Originally Posted by Acadian
and is 90K suppose to be considered a LOW wage?
Well, actually that's not the bottom of the payscale =).
Old 04-22-2005, 02:07 AM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by mcdrama
Dood, I work for the second largest internet monitoring/filtering company (SurfControl).
trust me, they could nail your *** to the wall if they wanted to.

But yes, the man sucks, just do what I do, setup an SSH server at home, and tunnel all of your traffic through the tunnel to a proxy at home.

yeah probably. But they're not as smart as the second largest monitoring company they're the second largest telecom. sheesh. haaa.a

No but seriously> My buddy is I.T. I'm set up pretty good. And the security guys already talked to me and filled me in on the what not to do's. haa.

Seriously though...it's 2am and I'm in my office. I guess that's kind of a possitive. Seems as how the damn guy at the parking garage said they are open 24 hours and my freakin car is behind a locked gate right now. I"m pissed. So I shall sleep here. In my office. Boooo. Saves on gas money though..haaa. one tiny lock keeping someone from jacking my car..if the keys are in there....I'm pissed. You can see it from the street. errrrrrrrr.
Old 04-22-2005, 02:08 AM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by Yin
hey at least you have spec C suspension on yer wagon.

thats a positive.

True dat.
Old 04-22-2005, 07:52 AM

Car Info: '03 WRX wagon, faster than walkin'

Just as MCDRAMA said, if you have an Internet IP address at home you can tunnel traffic through it, then it can't be viewed by IT but they can see the ammount of traffic so it depends on how aggressive they are, but this works 99% of the time.