Corporate America BLOWS!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2005, 04:11 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.

Man...last night I get stuck in a massive BART delay going home. They report 30 minutes which anyone that rides bart nows 45-1hr. Took me like 2 hours to get home.

So I decide to drive this morning. Drink some coffee and listen to my new cd's.

Well...freakin accident on 101.

After sitting in first gear for around 30 minutes and calling my boss to let her know I might be late the traffic clears and I come into the city. I park, walk to the office, start up my computer open outlook email her...that's proceedure because aparently I'm 7 years old and can't be trusted to show up to work. Well turns out I'm a whole 8 minutes late.

I got a freaking "tardy" occurance. Like freaking junior high all over again. 8 of them in 12 months and you're done for. As in fired. I've been here 7 years and I get this new boss that's a damn ****. If I get fired over something so stupid as dealing with a 55 mile commute of ****ty drivers and/or BART delays..things out of my control. I'll freakin sue for wrongful termination or some ****...something. Cause that's bullcrap.

8 freaking minutes.

crappy thing is that we are slow as hell right now. have next to no work. Who freakin cares if I'm late. Bah.
Old 04-20-2005, 04:15 PM

Car Info: 1984 mustang svo
except in school nobody gives a **** about tardies anymore
________
Lamborghini V10

Last edited by svo+wrx; 04-14-2011 at 08:47 PM.
Old 04-20-2005, 04:34 PM
VIP Member

damn... I would have been fired a long time ago
Old 04-20-2005, 04:43 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: nonplussed
Unhappy

Yeah, my last day is Friday...
Old 04-20-2005, 04:48 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by svo+wrx
except in school nobody gives a **** about tardies anymore

no joke. I had 27 tardies in one semester in one class once my senior year..haaa.

I did get busted for that one though.haaa. my dad was vice priciple...in charge of discipline. haaa. Course I went to private school. No facial hair. the whole bit. BOOOO.

Man...I basically told my boss that the policy is bull****. She explained how it works and how the managers get to do certain things cause they don't get paid OT...they're saleried.

I'm like. F that. You don't see the people in my office. This one ***** comes in between 9-10 am. Unless he has a call..then he's in right on time. Then he has a fat lunch. Then he goes to the gym. Then he leaves. He works like 4 damn hours a day. I just recently changed my hours so I come in at 9 and leave at 5:30 now. But i was coming in at like 8:20 and leaving at 6pm damn near every night...without OT pay.

I pretty much told her it's bull****.

People don't really like me around here cause I tell it how it is. But I get **** taken care of and I do it better than anyone else.

I almost want to get laid off. Give me some reason to go back to school, or get a new job or change professions. I hate white collar america. bunch of selfish money hungry ******.
Old 04-20-2005, 04:48 PM

Car Info: GDA
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
crappy thing is that we are slow as hell right now. have next to no work. Who freakin cares if I'm late. Bah.
better watch out b/c that just gives them a good reason to cut cost/personnel. it's lame, but CYA by documenting the work/tardiness thing!

btw, what do you do? who really records tardiness anymore? they have card scanners to log that info w/out you knowing! LOL.
Old 04-20-2005, 04:50 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2016 Acura RDX ... meh. Um, nice subwoofer?
What is it you do?
Old 04-20-2005, 04:53 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: $200,000 sports car
how many tardies did you have before this one?
Old 04-20-2005, 05:05 PM
General Pimpin'

I'm a graphic designer.

I had 1 tardy. also 8 minutes. that one was my bad and I didn't say a word about it.

So yeah..only 2 tardies...but in conjunction with the other stuff and trying to go the next 12 months....pretty burly to get 2 in 2 weeks.

as for cutting personnel...they are. They were calling people and telling them...if we can't find you another job by such and such day, sorry but we have to let you go. I'm talking like 3/4 days man.

ROOOTHLESS.

All freaking out cause we have a huge merger coming through and the other company has the same kind of department with 10% of the workforce that we have...they don't do anywhere close to what we do though. On top of that everyone is trying to pinch pennies to look good so we don't get cut all together when the merger happens and in all likely hood our lovely company takes another name...even though we're the one's buying the other guy that's loosing a **** load of money.

I'm sure you can figure out who I work for.
Old 04-20-2005, 05:14 PM

Car Info: 05 STi
That sucks, they suck. I would hate to work in a place like that. But car payments must be made, sometimes you
have to suck it up and do what the man wants so you can do what you want on the weekends.

The come up with those dumb tardy rules so they can fire people when they want to, and then blame it on
the rules they made up. The people they like, they look the other way when they come in 8 minutes late.

Look for a new job now. It's eaiser to find a job when you have a job.
Old 04-20-2005, 05:18 PM
ish

Car Info: 2009 wrx & 2000 4runner
thats what i like about my job, for the most part it's just "try and be here during normal working hours as best as possible and make sure you get all your hours in every pay period."
Old 04-20-2005, 07:36 PM

Car Info: '03 WRX wagon, faster than walkin'
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Oh man, I could use....oh, you mean in the bad way huh?
Old 04-20-2005, 07:38 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!
just do like officespace and blow the building up
Old 04-21-2005, 09:16 AM
General Pimpin'

striknine in the guacamole......
Old 04-21-2005, 09:31 AM

Car Info: 05 STi
And I hate to say it, but they can probably monitor your internet usage as well. Things like i-club might not
be on the approved vendor list of sites you can access. Watch out for that crap as well.

Quick Reply: Corporate America BLOWS!!