Cops are super gay!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 10:24 AM

Car Info: The Latest From WayneTech.
Retarded for doing their jobs that they are required to do and have promised to do?

Everyone here knows the laws involving cars and driving - there should not be any surprises.

If you drive around without a front plate, tinted fronts and loud exhaust (etc) you should NOT be shocked when you get pulled over and given a ticket.

Break the law; get fined.
Old 01-08-2009, 10:28 AM

Car Info: 2015 WRX
Originally Posted by ldivinag
[cue image of the WAAAAAAMBULANCE...]
Old 01-08-2009, 10:29 AM

Car Info: '00 S2K, '10 Ducati 1098 Streetfighter
just be thankful that you didnt got handcuffed and at point blank shot in the back
Old 01-08-2009, 10:31 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Originally Posted by R-Dub
Retarded for doing their jobs that they are required to do and have promised to do?

Everyone here knows the laws involving cars and driving - there should not be any surprises.

If you drive around without a front plate, tinted fronts and loud exhaust (etc) you should NOT be shocked when you get pulled over and given a ticket.

Break the law; get fined.
actually, if you have all of those factors, you should be shocked if you're NOT pulled over.
Old 01-08-2009, 10:36 AM

Car Info: 98 RS, 69 camaro, 02 wrx
I agree with everyone but if there are more pressing issues like burglaries and stuff they should be giving priority to those criminals and leave the fixits to CHPs!
Old 01-08-2009, 10:46 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
I was talking to a friend of mine the other day.

Huge truck with 8 inch exhaust that pipes right into my window and is so loud I have to plug my ear is o.k.

Mustang with strait exhaust that's louder than my car is o.k.

Truck with true dual exhaust clearly modified from stock single side exhaust is o.k.

Classic car that is so loud you can hear it over a fire engine is o.k. (thankfully)

Harley that's so loud it rattles your window is o.k.

But if you have an import with a modified exhaust you're going down. Including import sport bikes.

Far as I'm concerned you should be able to do whatever the hell you want to your car as long as its safe to drive. Like on the east coast. Have safety inspections. I think its funny that you can get a ticket for having a loud exhaust but you won't get one if your brakes are gone and you have a massive oil leak and bald tires. Unless of course you happen to get pulled over for something else. (I got a tire ticket once) Or if you're profiled for something else.

It's bull ****.

California's full time law makers are destroying this state.

Hmmmm. We want to control how warm your house is. We're gonna control what you do to your car and what you do in your car. Now they want to take big screen TV's away from us because they use up to much electricity. **** you california.

Stop making pointless laws.
Old 01-08-2009, 10:48 AM

Would you rather cops not give out citations like these and have to pay higher taxes in lieu of that?
Old 01-08-2009, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by OneManArmy

Huge truck with 8 inch exhaust that pipes right into my window and is so loud I have to plug my ear is o.k.

Truck with true dual exhaust clearly modified from stock single side exhaust is o.k.

Classic car that is so loud you can hear it over a fire engine is o.k. (thankfully)

But if you have an import with a modified exhaust you're going down. Including import sport bikes.

Far as I'm concerned you should be able to do whatever the hell you want to your car as long as its safe to drive. Like on the east coast. Have safety inspections. I think its funny that you can get a ticket for having a loud exhaust but you won't get one if your brakes are gone and you have a massive oil leak and bald tires. Unless of course you happen to get pulled over for something else. (I got a tire ticket once) Or if you're profiled for something else.

It's bull ****.

California's full time law makers are destroying this state.

Hmmmm. We want to control how warm your house is. We're gonna control what you do to your car and what you do in your car. Now they want to take big screen TV's away from us because they use up to much electricity. **** you california.

Amen, brother.
Old 01-08-2009, 10:49 AM

Car Info: WR Blue Wagon
Originally Posted by SubieFoo
I agree with everyone but if there are more pressing issues like burglaries and stuff they should be giving priority to those criminals and leave the fixits to CHPs!
They do.. if a cop is in the middle of giving you a ticket, and a burglary in progress call came over the radio, you would get a free pass, and he would be gone. Fact is, a lot of the time cops are just cruising around waiting for something to do. You give them something to pull you over for and they now have something to do. Don't make yourself a target.
Old 01-08-2009, 10:50 AM

Would you rather cops not give out citations like these and have to pay higher taxes in lieu of that?
Less laws to enforce = less LEOs = less state overhead = less taxes.

Voila!
Old 01-08-2009, 10:51 AM

I agree, there is an overabundance of perverse and intrusive laws that are coming from Sacramento these days.

Time for a legislative change in the Capitol I think...
Old 01-08-2009, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by saqwarrior
Less laws to enforce = less LEOs = less state overhead = less taxes.

Voila!
But do you really think that the state would cut LEOs even if they were to eliminate some of the laws like these? I would think not.
Old 01-08-2009, 10:52 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
I agree, there is an overabundance of perverse and intrusive laws that are coming from Sacramento these days.

Time for a legislative change in the Capitol I think...
Simple solution. Part time law makers like MOST states.

It's not just by chance that we have the highest paid law makers in the country and the most stupid useless laws.
Old 01-08-2009, 11:01 AM

Car Info: 98 RS, 69 camaro, 02 wrx

People keep saying to stop *****ing about getting pulled over for stuff which would be fine because cops are just doing their jobs, enforcing the laws which were made by the state.

The problem happens when they are not equally enforced. How many times have you seen a cop pop the hood of an import compared to a domestic?
Old 01-08-2009, 11:04 AM

'I don't fault the Police, because the people that run 'em got 'em on a short leash.'

Quick Reply: Cops are super gay!!