COPS everywhere!

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 08:08 PM

Car Info: Forester XTi
Originally Posted by Spoolin415
Fixed.

With that mentality, nothing will ever change. Just depends on how you see the glass I guess.
But its not at any age, when I walk into court at my age, I tend to win (and have) strictly because I have become, in the eyes of the judge, a creditable and older driver.

Again it sucks, it should not work that way, but it does.
Old 08-02-2009, 08:53 PM

Car Info: Teh Subie
Well then...time for some spray on salt N pepper hair, wrinkles, and alimony payments.
Old 08-02-2009, 10:22 PM

Car Info: 2011 2.5i Spark Silver
Originally Posted by flatline
Why not go back to the dealer, and make them pay for removing the tint, or at least attempt to.

I would think worst come to worst, you have a small claims case against them for the fix it ticket and removal fees.
I would do that but the place i bought it is in Tracy and I'm in the upper north bay so its a good drive. I doubt they will fix it since I bought the car two years ago but I still have the little brochure they gave me that shows the car with tint on it.

Also, thanks for the advice peoples. It looks like I'm just going to ask for as many extensions as i can for TWD, ask for when the last time the officer had his car calibrated and ask for extensions for the court date if needed. If i go to court I'll just try to get it knock down to the speed i was actually going but it will be 2010 then since my court date on my ticket says late November. Also, my copy of the ticket is unreadable in parts and very hard to read in others including the citation code, my license number and license plate number so maybe the copy the court will get, since it is the one under my copy, will be unreadable.
Old 08-02-2009, 10:35 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
I saw this post yesterday. Then I was driving down 85 just south of Sunnyvale and remembered the thread and thought to myself "I don't see a ton of cops." Just as a finish the thought I come up to a CHP hiding in the shadows under an overpass.

Good thing I was going the speed limit
Old 08-02-2009, 10:43 PM

Car Info: Teh Subie
You can also request copies of the officers records, training/certification on vision, speed estimation, other innapropriate tickets. Its called 'discovery' and you'd have to do it at his local chp base.
Old 08-03-2009, 06:00 AM

Car Info: Forester XTi
Originally Posted by STiForFun
You can also request copies of the officers records, training/certification on vision, speed estimation, other innapropriate tickets. Its called 'discovery' and you'd have to do it at his local chp base.
Its called a motion of discovery and it must be filed in the county clerks office. Along with it you can ask for certs on the car he drove, the mechanic that worked on it, the tuning computer used on the car, last inspection, training history, and a ton of other information.

The idea, is to bury the system in so much red tape and requests, that they can't provide you with all of the information. Now when you go to court you can state you do not have all of the information you need to mount your defence, and that the state is withholding information. Goes to your basic rights for a speedy trial, and will 99% of the time result in a dismissed case.

However, its a ploy that has a edge, IF they give you everything, the judge will not go light on you.