COPS everywhere!

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 06:51 PM

Car Info: 06 GMC Diesel
Not even kidding I saw atleast 20+ cops on my way home from EQtuning just an hour ago.
Old 08-01-2009, 07:16 PM

Car Info: 05' WRX (Dirty Black)
i have noticed them out more in force lately which is weird because you never really see them around berkeley and el cerrito. but you are right, i have seen a gang of them. one got behind me the other day as i was pulling off the freeway on to a stop sign. did my damndest to pull away from the stop without letting too much boxer rumble out of my tbe. must have worked as he just passed me up after that.

been thinking about buying a silencer now. anyone know where i can score on locally? or is ebay my best option?
Old 08-01-2009, 07:47 PM

Car Info: 2011 2.5i Spark Silver
yep i got poped today at 6:30am when no one was on the road and the guy had to go 100+ mph to catch up with me. I was on 101 which is 65 and he wasn't even close to the on ramp to 101 and he added 15mph to my speed and gave me a tint ticket when i have 50 in the front, how i bought it from a dealer. what a fantastic first speeding ticket. But he didn't completely fill out the radar portion, perm. area is blank and radar unit/ patrol unit says 3 so I'm guessing that mean he tailed me but i don't see how he got a good read considered i let off the gas once i saw him and he kept going until he was within 1 car length. And he was a complete ******* as i was rolling down all the windows to show there was no danger he said you can remove this tint and then just went off on how fast i was going which was 5-10 over but he thought it was more like 25... He also said, my speedo must me wrong.... and he made me pop my hood n all that jazz! so much fun!

Last edited by ruehl; 08-01-2009 at 08:01 PM. Reason: grammer lol
Old 08-01-2009, 07:54 PM

Car Info: 04 STi
Originally Posted by ruehl
yep i got poped today at 6:30am when no one was on the road guy had to go 100+ mph to catch up with me since i was on 101 which is 65 and he wasn't even close to the on ramp to 101 and he added 15mph to my speed and gave me a tint ticket when i have 50 in the front, how i bought it from a dealer. what a fantastic first speeding ticket. But it didn't completely fill out the radar portion perm. area is blank and radar unit/ patrol unit says 3 so I'm guessing that mean he tailed me but i don;t see how it got a good read considered i let off the gas once i saw him and he kept going until he was within 1 car length. And he was a complete ******* as i was rolling down all the windows to show there was no danger he said you can remove this tint and then just went off on how fast i was going which was 5-10 over but he thought it was more like 25... and he said my speedo must me wrong.... and he amde me pop my hood n all that jazz! so much fun!
Dang, holmes - My head almost exploded trying to read that

Punctuation is your friend!
Old 08-01-2009, 07:55 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRB WRX
yep i got poped today at 6:30am when no one was on the road
Except for me going to work

And he was a complete ******* as i was rolling down all the windows to show there was no danger he said you can remove this tint and then just went off on how fast i was going which was 5-10 over but he thought it was more like 25...
What did he look like, reminds me of the EXACT words the chp guy said to me in the office when I went in to get something else signed off. Oh, and fight the ticket man... how did he know you were going 90? He was too busy catching up to you to tail you and get an accurate result.
Old 08-01-2009, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by 4eatme
Except for me going to work

What did he look like, reminds me of the EXACT words the chp guy said to me in the office when I went in to get something else signed off. Oh, and fight the ticket man... how did he know you were going 90? He was too busy catching up to you to tail you and get an accurate result.
Well i did pass 3 cars before he pulled me over and that was over atleast a 3 miles spand

he has a pos tattoo on his right arm and he is a white guy who is a jackass with dirty blonde hair i think. I would give you his name but my ticket is illegible lol i think it says i weigh 115 lbs too about 50 lbs off lol
Old 08-01-2009, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by subie OCD
Dang, holmes - My head almost exploded trying to read that

Punctuation is your friend!
im kinda angry VERY VERY BAD DAY

but i fixed it for you :P
Old 08-01-2009, 08:04 PM

Car Info: Teh Subie
So how fast did you speedometer say you were going?
Old 08-01-2009, 08:08 PM

70-75 the speed i told him i was going and i wouldn't be mad at all if he wrote that down. I mean I have never gone 90 in my wrx.
Old 08-01-2009, 08:30 PM

So you were over the limit 5mph at the least, 10mph at the most.

Do you have a radar detector?
Old 08-01-2009, 08:44 PM

yeah didn't go off at all but the ticket says 3 for radar unit/patrol vehicle number so I'm guessing it vehicle #3 and he left the perm. area spot blank which is weird. And he came up on me super fast so i think he was tailing me since my radar goes off like crazy when someone radar is in the area and it didn't when he got me. The thing i don;t get is how he got 90 he was booking it and then when i saw him i let off the gas. I'm guessing he was going 90 when he looked down and figured i was doing that too even though he was coming up super fast.
Old 08-01-2009, 09:01 PM

Car Info: 2005 WRX
yeah didn't go off at all but the ticket says 3 for radar unit/patrol vehicle number so I'm guessing it vehicle #3 and he left the perm. area spot blank which is weird. And he came up on me super fast so i think he was tailing me since my radar goes off like crazy when someone radar is in the area and it didn't when he got me. The thing i don;t get is how he got 90 he was booking it and then when i saw him i let off the gas. I'm guessing he was going 90 when he looked down and figured i was doing that too even though he was coming up super fast.
Written Declaration Trial. "Its not what you know, its what you can prove" Good Luck to you.
Old 08-01-2009, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by strider327
Written Declaration Trial. "Its not what you know, its what you can prove" Good Luck to you.
Yeah i'm just going show how he left places missing on the ticket and how its illegible so if he cant fill out a ticket correctly how can he tail me correctly. And I'm going say i was going 70 which i probably was and say it was within the basic speed law since it was 6:45ish in the morning and there was no one on the road and it was completely clear on a 4mile 3 lane straight away and I was in lane #1 so if i pass a car i would be on their driver side.
Old 08-01-2009, 10:11 PM

Yeah thats what happened to me on my last ticket. Officer claimed I was going 85, in moderate traffic..in the rain...up a grade. He paced, no radar, no way I was over 70 in those conditions. They seem to use their closing pace as the speed you are cited as going, which is wrong since they are over taking you at that speed, not matching you.

I did traffic school online since it was available and didn't want to roll the dice on court.

Good luck!
Old 08-01-2009, 10:28 PM

Car Info: Forester XTi
yep i got poped today at 6:30am when no one was on the road and the guy had to go 100+ mph to catch up with me. I was on 101 which is 65 and he wasn't even close to the on ramp to 101 and he added 15mph to my speed and gave me a tint ticket when i have 50 in the front, how i bought it from a dealer. what a fantastic first speeding ticket. But he didn't completely fill out the radar portion, perm. area is blank and radar unit/ patrol unit says 3 so I'm guessing that mean he tailed me but i don't see how he got a good read considered i let off the gas once i saw him and he kept going until he was within 1 car length. And he was a complete ******* as i was rolling down all the windows to show there was no danger he said you can remove this tint and then just went off on how fast i was going which was 5-10 over but he thought it was more like 25... He also said, my speedo must me wrong.... and he made me pop my hood n all that jazz! so much fun!
So you broke the law by speeding, you have tint on the front windows (illegal in the state of CA), and to top it all off you admitted it...and your pissed at the cop?

Do us all a favor, sell your car and take the bus/bart. You fail at comprehending how to drive and take responsibility for your actions.

Quick Reply: COPS everywhere!