Are Cops becoming more trickier?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 12:58 AM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Car Info: 2011 SWP WRX Hatch
CHP has been getting sneaky for a while...

Old 03-20-2009, 12:59 AM

Car Info: 1994 impreza L
those suckers are rare though, it's not like CHP to use the undercover style vehicles.

I'd pay to see a police pedovan...
Old 03-20-2009, 02:32 AM

Car Info: MY00 GC6 BRP
a lot of chp on the freeway today on 680. saw a lot of ppl get pulled over.... sucks, gota be really careful now.
Old 03-20-2009, 02:34 AM

Car Info: 2005 WRX - Stage 2 and EQ Tuned!
Originally Posted by mulcibre
yeah, last I heard the CHP was gonna try out chargers, but that seems unlikely with the economy the way it is.

I wouldn't pull over for unmarked cops, the failure mode of that plan could be bad.
I've seen on in Cordelia at Starbucks. haha
Old 03-20-2009, 02:39 AM

Car Info: '15 LE STI, '06 WRX White Wheeled Wagon, '06 B9
even up here in the northbay the CHP has been way harsher, in the last week i have seen 4 ricers pulled over with their hood popped, that is unheard of up here.

plus local pd can kiss my white ***
Old 03-20-2009, 07:58 AM

Car Info: 1999 RS Coupé- 1995 Mazda Miata -KTM 300
Yes they are very tricky pulling me over via airplane

Originally Posted by nation
well theres a couple things.one it could be a off duty cop pulling someone over.2,you donthave to pull over for un marked vehicles.you can call and request a regular marked car.3,the all blk bike was prob just not done getting paint.i know chp is trying out a different model bmw bike
Yeah...lol...call and request a marked car plz...as i find the nearest quad cloverleaf and lose you by the 4th ramp and i'll be back on route
Old 03-20-2009, 09:31 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by JourdanWithaU

These were for commercial enforcement almost exclusively... trucks. They will pull other cars but they are mostly stationed in areas to specifically target big rig violations. Some of them have been distributed to general areas. We have one in Santa Cruz. I think there were around 70 of them?

Most of them have been or are about to be retired and I don't think they're gonna get new ones to replace them.

I think they should replace all these unmarketed cars with carbon motors cars or another car designed specifically for the police department. They're safer for the officer and police presence helps keep crime down. So driving around unmarked cars is in my opinion not as safe for the officer and doesn't do as much to prevent crime. Yes it will lead to more tickets and they do serve a purpose... gang taskforces and things of that nature. But for general purpose I think they should have car more like this...

Old 03-20-2009, 09:35 AM

Camaros for big rigs makes total sense...

Lets have older cops be on the street doing foot chases

and have all the young athletic cops inside doing paperwork
Old 03-20-2009, 09:35 AM

Car Info: 2006 sti
Originally Posted by mulcibre
yeah, last I heard the CHP was gonna try out chargers, but that seems unlikely with the economy the way it is.

I wouldn't pull over for unmarked cops, the failure mode of that plan could be bad.
im not sure about CHP but i know we(solano sheriffs office)are going to try them.one for K-9,patrol and a sgt's car.right around june,when we get our fiscal money
Old 03-20-2009, 09:37 AM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by nation
im not sure about CHP but i know we(solano sheriffs office)are going to try them.one for K-9,patrol and a sgt's car.right around june,when we get our fiscal money
fresno has them. My brother in law drives one.
Old 03-20-2009, 09:45 AM

Anyone know what the CHP trucks are for? i figured those were for big rigs etc...or hauling something...drugs!?

But i saw one way up out of Boulder Creek and i was like huh?
Old 03-20-2009, 09:46 AM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by kYLEMtnCRUZr
Anyone know what the CHP trucks are for? i figured those were for big rigs etc...or hauling something...drugs!?

But i saw one way up out of Boulder Creek and i was like huh?
They carry the gear for the brake check points for trucks. That is their main purpose I believe. The guys that do the checks use them.
Old 03-20-2009, 11:44 AM
aka FlukeWRX

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB Sedan
Originally Posted by JourdanWithaU

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
These were for commercial enforcement almost exclusively... trucks. They will pull other cars but they are mostly stationed in areas to specifically target big rig violations. Some of them have been distributed to general areas. We have one in Santa Cruz. I think there were around 70 of them?

Most of them have been or are about to be retired and I don't think they're gonna get new ones to replace them.

I think they should replace all these unmarketed cars with carbon motors cars or another car designed specifically for the police department. They're safer for the officer and police presence helps keep crime down. So driving around unmarked cars is in my opinion not as safe for the officer and doesn't do as much to prevent crime. Yes it will lead to more tickets and they do serve a purpose... gang taskforces and things of that nature. But for general purpose I think they should have car more like this...

I could be wrong, but I thought it was the last 300 Camaro's produced ( before they went out of production and came back with the new style ) were all specifically sold to law enforcement?

Yeah, that black car would definitely look intimidating rolling around town. Now it just needs the "To Punish & Enslave" logo across the side

I am pretty certain that San Ramon Police Department has at least 1 Charger as well ( actually I wouldn't be surprised if there are more Chargers around the area, I just don't see them that often ).
Old 03-20-2009, 12:08 PM

Car Info: 13 Taco Double Cab 4x4/ 71 Datsun 510
I see the CHP Chargers all around Palo Alto, they are fast and quiet as a hybrid...
Old 03-20-2009, 12:12 PM

i didnt know CHP had chargers! no more looking out for those Crown Vic lights with blinkers on the inside...

Maybe it will be nice in 5 years when they all have chargers and the taxis still have crown vics...stupid taxis always thinkin theyre cops in the rearview.

Quick Reply: Are Cops becoming more trickier?