cop factor (have you been pulled over for modified exhaust?)

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2005, 10:09 AM

Car Info: '21 STI
With my HKS carbon TI I got pulled over twice. With my Apex-i GT spec I got pulled over twice. With my Blitz I got pulled over about 6 times. With my Borla Hush I've never been pulled over yet. *knocks on wood*.
Old 08-08-2005, 10:59 AM

Car Info: 04 Blue WRX
Borla hush is the way to go, nice sound and realy stealthy.
Old 08-08-2005, 11:43 PM

Car Info: 04 aspen white sti
just got a ticket from sfpd for loud exhaust and tinted front windows, not even ten minutes ago. mine is a jic bullet ti
Old 08-08-2005, 11:52 PM

Car Info: 03wrx =]
Originally Posted by sfwrx2
just got a ticket from sfpd for loud exhaust and tinted front windows, not even ten minutes ago. mine is a jic bullet ti
ouch, I was thinking about switching over to a jic ti, just love the way it looks and sounds. Too skurred of the cops though.
Old 11-02-2005, 11:42 AM

Car Info: 2016 WRX
how much does a catless fix-it ticket run nowadays?
Old 11-02-2005, 12:00 PM

got pulled over for a bosal single tip just because of the looks of it, had hood popped and everything but let me go without a ticket.

I have a stromung dual tip now and no problems as of yet (knock on wood). Although i'm not too crazy about the looks of my exhaust, the peace of mind is good.
Old 11-02-2005, 12:08 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: non subarus
Originally Posted by t3ch9
how much does a catless fix-it ticket run nowadays?
i think thats a state ref ticket and around 1000 bucks i think
Old 11-02-2005, 12:20 PM
VIP Member

Location: EBAIC- Wondering if I should have taken the blue pill...
Car Info: 03 WRX wagon type RA
I've been pulled over countless times (emphasis on countless, might I add $500 in tickets just in the last month) for speeding and red light violations and what-not with my straight pipes on my 03 WRX wagoon and I have NEVER had any cop even mention my exhaust...ofcourse, I'm sure my out of state plates have something to do with them not ticketing me for them. The last one I got I was doing 15 over and a motorcycle cop had his radar on me up the road..I flipped a few quick turns in a random neighborhood and parked in some random driveway..but it was too late..he rounded the corner as I was parking. He pulled up behind me and blocked me in their (whos house, I don't know) driveway and wrote me up a ticket for speeding and tried to pin me for trying to outrun him. After I had thought I convinced him that I knew the people, some people that were working on the house decided to show up...and then the OWNERS showed up...but I still got out of it! What does this haveto do with exhaust? I had the car running the whole time he was writing me up a ticket! I kept having to ask him to speak up because it was hard to hear what he was saying over my straight pipes!
Old 11-02-2005, 12:43 PM

I've had a cop go out of his way (crossing three lanes to make a right) to follow me coming out of a gas station all of .2 miles to my house for a modified exhaust. Although my car was a bone stock 3 month old STi......go figure. 30 minutes later i was let go in front my driveway.
Old 11-02-2005, 12:50 PM

Car Info: 05 LegacyGT,06 Black STI Will be home Soon
With my WRX I had the Greddy evo and never was bothered with Police.. With my STI I went with the Helix TBE and got their attention quickly and recieved two fix it tickets that I had my buddy sigh off on...
Old 11-02-2005, 01:23 PM
I don't need more cowbell dammit!

Car Info: E82
I havent, but I dont drive like a jackass, so I bet that has something to do with it.
Old 11-02-2005, 01:55 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 03 WRX
Spt(bosal) catback helix uppipe and stromung downpipe with stock third cat and it's pretty quiet compared to most imports around here.
Old 11-02-2005, 04:20 PM

Car Info: 03 Wrx black sedan + 2013 BRZ
Never been bothered by the cops for my exhaust. I have a borla hush. I did get stopped by a Fremont bike cop the other month for having front winodws tinted and he looked my whole car over, asked me why I didn't have the orange side markers but did not mention anything about my borla.
Old 11-02-2005, 09:04 PM

Car Info: 05 CGM/GOLD STI
let's see i had my single turbo supra with a T78 and 3" turbo back with Apexi N1. No ticket driving close to 60k. I commuted with the car for 3 years from Dublin/San Ramon to DT san jose. no ticket. no pull over.
*edit* wait. i did get pulled over. leaving from san jose street races.. and..... no ticket.
it's all about how you drive and how you look. if you look like a rat *** punk, you'll get a ticket. if you drive obnoxious reving at everything that walks. you'll get a ticket.
Old 11-02-2005, 09:07 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: non subarus
Originally Posted by jewpac42
I havent, but I dont drive like a jackass, so I bet that has something to do with it.
i was driving speed limit and i got pulled over with my gt spec back then, and the funny thing is that it was one of those loud motorcycle cops that pulled me over saying my car was too loud. so sometimes you just cant help it if cops have nothing else to do.

Quick Reply: cop factor (have you been pulled over for modified exhaust?)