Cool Item/Product Of The Day, The Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2008, 04:25 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Originally Posted by dubyuHO4
Wow, thats a powerful flashlight!! No wonder why they call it the borealis !! I too have that wierd thing to collect different types of flashlights and tools too! The best flashlight that I have is a dorcy 1watt luxeon bulb flash light. The body is really durable and it gives off a 4300k HID type color!! My friend also has this flashlight but his emits a higher temp close to like a purplish color which i think is way cooler than mines. The rest of Maglites, and those Craftsman 1watt L.E.D. flashlights. Hey BruceLee, how does your H.I.D. flashlights work?? Ballast Powered like how they are found on the rides equipped with H.I.D.'s?? Damn, they're so expensive at least the ones made by MagnaLIght.
Just like a car works... Everything is enclosed into a body and is a little smaller then a car setup so that it is portable. They used to be HUGE, but their size has gone down quite a bit.
Old 11-21-2008, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by dubyuHO4
Yeah, there body structure looks like heavy armour hence the reason to call it tactical and for "use of self defense"!!

-Hey Bruce, I didnt realize you had a invova flashlight. How's that treating and whats the lumens rating on that type of flashlight?? L.E.D./H.I.D./ Xenon Based??

Yeah, their high end (surefire) lights are really awesome but far too overpriced... Their HID light is $3,500! Yeah, you heard me, $3.5k!!! Much more affordable lights at a fraction of the cost out there with similar performance.

You can smack someone across the face with the borealis too, its just like a maglight in that sense, and if you screw it up you can replace the body for $10-15. Thats what I call rock and roll!

In terms of the Inova lights, I have a wide variety of them, the best one I have is the one that has the charger in the picture... It has 4 modes, signal, constant, low, and strobe. The strobe is great for cops when they are clearing houses since it disorients the hell out of you, and over 200 lumens with a very focused beam isn't fun to look at when you're on the wrong side of that light. Its pretty small and feels like solid metal so if you need to clock someone with it you totally will cause quite a bit of damage! The light is also small enough that you can mount it to a long gun (rifle or shotgun) so you can put it on strobe mode while its mounted onto your shotgun which is BAD ***! I take it to the range sometimes when mounted on my shotguns and I'm telling you, that strobe effect screws you up (Not the shooter, but the suspect).

All of my Inova lights are LEDs of some sort, anywhere from super focused beam to a wide beam, high powered to low power, large to small... They are great lights for sure! They aren't the top of the line, however their performance is close to the top when it comes to comparable LED lights, since they aren't as expensive they sell A LOT of lights unlike surefire whos lights are so damn expensive that hardly anyone can afford one... Thats how Inova gets by with selling them at such a low cost, they sell by volume.

Trust me, I wouldn't own a half dozen of those lights if they weren't as great as they are... I highly suggest getting a nice high end Inova if you're going to get a nice flashlight for a beginner. After you have a high end light like that your thirst for lights will increase and you're going to end up with custom lights that catch crap on fire, like the Borealis 1050! Just wait and see! Muhahahha!

I <3 my Borealis more then my old 650 lumen Surefire (which cost almost a grand with a discount!)

Borealis has:

Longer battery life
Cheaper
Custom made, hand crafted just for you
Small and managable
Can CATCH STUFF ON FIRE!!!!
The light is the same color temp as sunlight, so you dont get that crappy blue/purple hue (If you didnt know, lights with color like that are of lower visibility, you want sunlight 4300k color)

Surefire has:

Name brand and bragging rights so you can say you spent over a $1000 on a flashlight

And thats about it.

Trust me guys, I never EVER plug a product like this, this light is just unbelievable!

You know those HUGE 10million candle power spot lights you can get? Well the Borealis is one of those only VERY small and has a LONG battery life unlike those big *** spotlights which are heavy, big, and last like 5 mins, bleh!

Its about the same brightness as those police helicopters that have the "Night eye",. They are similar in brightness.

I'm surprised that CA doesn't ban these lights because you can use it as a weapon, shine it at helicopters and blind the pilot, etc... You know, since everything here is banned! Arrrrg! I can't wait till I move
Old 11-21-2008, 06:42 PM

Car Info: '04 ed tuned vf39 jbp wagon
Originally Posted by brucelee

i gots that shovel...use it for poopin' in the woods whilst camping
Old 11-21-2008, 07:12 PM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

Originally Posted by rubaCU
i gots that shovel...use it for poopin' in the woods whilst camping
wow... you gotta use a shovel to poop????

must hurt back there...

or did you mean you use a shovel to dig a hole for poopin'?

Old 11-22-2008, 12:05 PM

Whats new on the palette?
Old 11-22-2008, 01:51 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: looking for a gc
Old 11-22-2008, 06:22 PM

Car Info: 07 Shaguar
Originally Posted by krzyxrevver12
That computer table! Sickkk
Old 11-22-2008, 07:59 PM

Car Info: 07 Wrx
whoah........i bet they're japanese....
Old 11-22-2008, 10:50 PM

Car Info: AWD Peanut "i" IMPRETZA
^^^ JDM Yo!! I guess they go improvise since living quarters are real tight in Japan(the crowded towns).I don't mind rocking all those accessories.
Originally Posted by brucelee
Yeah, their high end (surefire) lights are really awesome but far too overpriced... Their HID light is $3,500! Yeah, you heard me, $3.5k!!! Much more affordable lights at a fraction of the cost out there with similar performance.

You can smack someone across the face with the borealis too, its just like a maglight in that sense, and if you screw it up you can replace the body for $10-15. Thats what I call rock and roll!

In terms of the Inova lights, I have a wide variety of them, the best one I have is the one that has the charger in the picture... It has 4 modes, signal, constant, low, and strobe. The strobe is great for cops when they are clearing houses since it disorients the hell out of you, and over 200 lumens with a very focused beam isn't fun to look at when you're on the wrong side of that light. Its pretty small and feels like solid metal so if you need to clock someone with it you totally will cause quite a bit of damage! The light is also small enough that you can mount it to a long gun (rifle or shotgun) so you can put it on strobe mode while its mounted onto your shotgun which is BAD ***! I take it to the range sometimes when mounted on my shotguns and I'm telling you, that strobe effect screws you up (Not the shooter, but the suspect).

All of my Inova lights are LEDs of some sort, anywhere from super focused beam to a wide beam, high powered to low power, large to small... They are great lights for sure! They aren't the top of the line, however their performance is close to the top when it comes to comparable LED lights, since they aren't as expensive they sell A LOT of lights unlike surefire whos lights are so damn expensive that hardly anyone can afford one... Thats how Inova gets by with selling them at such a low cost, they sell by volume.

Trust me, I wouldn't own a half dozen of those lights if they weren't as great as they are... I highly suggest getting a nice high end Inova if you're going to get a nice flashlight for a beginner. After you have a high end light like that your thirst for lights will increase and you're going to end up with custom lights that catch crap on fire, like the Borealis 1050! Just wait and see! Muhahahha!

I <3 my Borealis more then my old 650 lumen Surefire (which cost almost a grand with a discount!)

Borealis has:

Longer battery life
Cheaper
Custom made, hand crafted just for you
Small and managable
Can CATCH STUFF ON FIRE!!!!
The light is the same color temp as sunlight, so you dont get that crappy blue/purple hue (If you didnt know, lights with color like that are of lower visibility, you want sunlight 4300k color)

Surefire has:

Name brand and bragging rights so you can say you spent over a $1000 on a flashlight

And thats about it.

Trust me guys, I never EVER plug a product like this, this light is just unbelievable!

You know those HUGE 10million candle power spot lights you can get? Well the Borealis is one of those only VERY small and has a LONG battery life unlike those big *** spotlights which are heavy, big, and last like 5 mins, bleh!

Its about the same brightness as those police helicopters that have the "Night eye",. They are similar in brightness.

I'm surprised that CA doesn't ban these lights because you can use it as a weapon, shine it at helicopters and blind the pilot, etc... You know, since everything here is banned! Arrrrg! I can't wait till I move
Thank you sir for your feedback!! I will definetly take into consideration your reccomendations. The last time i checked both Surefire and inova's website, Surefire had MSRP's while INOVA didnt but its kinda cool that INOVA has that one L.E.D. flashlight with an incorporated Morse Code device which I think is real handy for us Morse Code Readers.
Old 11-22-2008, 11:17 PM

Car Info: 1999 RS Coupé- 1995 Mazda Miata -KTM 300
Originally Posted by ldivinag
wow... you gotta use a shovel to poop????

must hurt back there...

or did you mean you use a shovel to dig a hole for poopin'?

"remember the good ol' days Bill? when ya didnt havta use a shovel to poop?"

"ohh yeah"

Last edited by kYLEMtnCRUZr; 11-22-2008 at 11:21 PM.
Old 11-22-2008, 11:20 PM

Car Info: 2016 WRX, 2014 lifter forester XT, 2005 JDM207 WGN
wow thats some cool lights