CompUSA on El Camino Real Santa Clara sucks arse!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2003, 01:13 PM
Former Vendor

Car Info: Evo X
Thumbs down CompUSA on El Camino Real Santa Clara sucks ****!!

I recently got a Pocket PC for a friend. At the time they had special offer which includes a game card and Intellisync. My friend doesn't have the need for Intellisync so said I could return it so I don't have to do the rebate. I figure, cool, I could save a few bucks on tax if I do return instead of rebate (yeah I am a cheap ****).

When I got there and return the product they told me it has been opened and can't return it. I got it the way it was and never did open the box. I told them there is no need for me to cheat on this since i could do the rebate and get my money back. But my lazy *** just didn't want to do it. And the rebate offer is not up yet. They just kept on saying NO! They kept on saying they don't sell products like this, but obviously they did! So I left and pissed off. And I thought about it. Since I got it the way it was and if it was really opened, who knows what is wrong with it. So I went back and told them I would like an exchange, which they did.

To me, this is really stupid on their part. So instead of taking my return so they could have an (so call) used and new product. And I know damn well they would sell them for the same damn price. Now they just lost a 'new' product and got stuck with an used product. While it sucks that I have to do the rebate, I only loose out few bucks on the tax and an expensive 45 cents first class stamp.

CompUSA can kiss my ****!

sorry for the long rant!
Old 05-23-2003, 09:09 PM

If you write to the District manager, he/she will probably let you return it. Just tell him/her you were given poor customer service and that you'll report them to BBB (Better Business Bureau) or an agency similar to BBB.
Old 05-23-2003, 09:32 PM

Car Info: 1993/2000/2001 GF4 mostly red
Originally posted by blackwagonrx
If you write to the District manager, he/she will probably let you return it. Just tell him/her you were given poor customer service and that you'll report them to BBB (Better Business Bureau) or an agency similar to BBB.
Trouble is, this is more effort on iBV's part than just paying the tax and doing the rebate are.
Old 05-24-2003, 01:09 AM
Former Vendor

Car Info: Evo X
yeah, I was being lazy to start off with. So I don't think I'll write to the dist. manager. It's not worth my time to play with them . But if I am not getting a rebate, I probably would.
Old 05-25-2003, 05:17 PM

Car Info: '03 WRX wagon, faster than walkin'
I hate CompUSA....they have lots of S/W but they're cust svc is always bad or at least really slow. Their H/W is overpriced...and the cashier lines always take forever (as in 30+ mins that last time I went).

I patronize them as little as possible.
Old 05-11-2004, 09:07 PM

Car Info: 2006 BSP LGT / 2004 JBP FXT
take if from me, a former NoHelpUSA oops sorry CompUSA, employee. They really suck and since they don't hire anyone with a high enough IQ to know how to go around the system, they are happy and customers are pissed. What you should have done is asked to speek with the returns person's manager and taken the case with them. Yes they do sell products that don't have seals and that doesn't mean that they can't return them. I hated every day I worked for that backwards company. Oh and by the way, don't by their extended warranty from them. They make you jump through so many hoops just for service it is a night mare. Get it from the OEM. It is easier that way.
Old 05-12-2004, 01:01 AM

Car Info: MY03 WRX Wagon Silver
That's why they should be called CompUSSR.
Old 05-12-2004, 01:43 AM

Car Info: 14 Mazda3 sGT, SOLD 12/26: 00 2.5RS Sedan
Damn, I guess I'll stick with Fry's. That's like comparing hell to purgatory..but eh...whatever.
Old 05-12-2004, 07:18 AM

Car Info: 1973 Huevo Ranchero
i not particularly a fan of comp usa.
other than checker auto parts... i have never been to a store with employees that say, "um i dunno..." so much. . . i mean its a computer store! at least sound like you know everything!
not to say that comp usa sux. . . its just that every single time i went there expecting some "expertise" from their staff i always left more confused and always ended up @ the computer store(PTC) across the street from our comp usa.
maybe they just don't like me

oh well

alopha from the summit of Mauna Kea
Old 05-12-2004, 07:44 AM

Car Info: was 05 WRX Wagon
A friend of mine brought a computer to be fixed by CompUSA...BIG MISTAKE!!! He dropped off the computer before Christmas and didn't get it back until 3 weeks ago. The most insulting part to all this was that the computer was worse of than when it came in their. All it needed was a new harddrive, but they managed to fry the power supply unit as well as the motherboard. My friend raised up a storm and is getting a new computer, but has to wait another month for it. I can't understand why they can't just give him one they already have in the store?!

-Soren
Old 05-12-2004, 08:47 AM

Car Info: 2006 BSP LGT / 2004 JBP FXT
Redrex, the reason that they can't just give your friend a new computer off the floor is that first thay need to get written approval from CompUSA corporate and they take for ever to do anything. And second, they need to find a comperable system to the one they screwed up. And like gdogg said, he can't find any experanced staff there so it can be like pulling teeth from them. CompUSA's attrition rate is horendes because when they hire anyone for just about all departments, they stay there just long enough to learn that they made a big mistake working there and find a job else where. So they don't have mutch of a new employee training program and the only requierment to work there is the mirror test, does the person fog it up when it is put under their nose. And the service departmet has had that problem accross the contry. They get techs that are sometimes good, but they are hounded all the time for turn around times, that they sometimes stop using ESD protetion and that is probally what happened to your friends manchine.
Old 05-12-2004, 08:56 AM
-j-

Car Info: 2006 Audi A3/2007 Civic Si
I believe they all suck.

I bought a laser printer cartridge from them that they recommended for my printer and it was the wrong one. I go back to return it and they said they can't take it back since it was open. I kept explaining to them that they recommended the wrong ish in the first place but they just didn't care. I went to another one after jamming my letter openner in it and told them there was a hole on it and replaced it with a new one which I returned to the other store and got my money back. I went to Fry's after that.
Old 05-12-2004, 01:31 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 PSM STi
I never buy isht from compUSA...for that exact reason...they are overpriced boneheads....with horrible cust. service....

so I just go to fry's, I know what I need, and how much I should pay for it....so I go get it at fry's and am done with it....but a word of warning....if you dont know what you are looking for (@ fry's)....**MOST**, not all, but most Fry's employees are boneheads as well, and have no clue.

My suggestion, if you dont know what you need, get someone you know that knows what you are trying to do and ask them to help you.

-Ted
Old 05-12-2004, 01:34 PM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

lol...

i send all my users at work to COMP USA since they will hold their hands...