Common Courtesy...

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 11:46 AM
Yin

Car Info: 2016 FXT
but see, we have proof that you're a bigot. it's in text.

and why are you doing this? to make friends?
Old 07-08-2009, 12:16 PM

Car Info: Nadda
You can go ahead and call me names, I really don't care. You bothering me on multiple posts is annoying though.

I don't need friends, who do I need to make friends with? Maybe you aren't understanding my background. This is one of the small issues with society, and yet it has gotten a lot of slack, maybe it's because I am the OP? In any case, I say the hard things that people don't like to hear and seriously I don't care, that's how I was taught in school.

I graduated with a psychology degree. We talked about a lot of hot topics in class, in a safe environment that many people don't like to talk about. Just like you, just like the rest of society that shy away from important issues.

We talk about the controversial, about the embarrassing and the stuff that churns in the back of your mind that people cover up. Such as Racism, Prejudice, a lot of other issues. I am not afraid to bring these topics to light, as people are afraid to bring out what is really beneath their schemas and personalities. The issues I do bring up are the big ones, and a lot more sensitive (as someone pointed out earlier in a PM).

I might not have a huge voice, like a radio station or TV show, but I do have a voice. So I do talk about it on here and I think people are just irked that these topics are brought up and maybe they never saw it from my point of view before. I try to change what I can where I can and that is all that matters to me. If you want to sit in life and ignore reality then that is up to you, don't read my posts. I would rather discuss the trivial things about society, politics, cops, etc. Things that affect peoples lives, and have controversial points of view. If it was easy as black and white, these topics would never come up as they would have already been fixed.

In addition, I am still a student, I like to know how other people view issues including this one. You can't gain knowledge and make up a good decisive answer without knowing the other side first. That would be ignorance. I like your combative approach through most of what I post, but it would be great to see an informative opinion besides just a response to me.
Old 07-08-2009, 01:53 PM
Yin

get a job.
Old 07-08-2009, 02:13 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRX
I like how iLoqin's posts all kind of blend together and link the same topics.
Old 07-08-2009, 06:06 PM

Car Info: 97' Dodge Cummins and an RSTI thingie
All I have to say is that I feel bad for flatline, you think you have it bad with that one experience?

I work in Richmond.... I go home furious some days
Old 07-08-2009, 06:10 PM

Car Info: 2006 WRX STI
Originally Posted by iLoqin
A definition of a word is a definition of a word. That way people are talking about the same idea. One person calling me a racist, when in fact, shows no bounds of racism is ignorance. Maybe by your special definition it could be racist, but then anything could be racial in any definition when someone makes up their own definition of the word. Racism isn't up to interpretation, you either are or are not. It's a defined word.

The bible is up for interpretation. It wasn't a law written in the constitution, or a law made. Just some guys runnin' around writing scripture that controls other folks into doing acts with no purpose to go to heaven.

If I say ghetto, and you think black, well that is another social stereotype, and I believe many people on the board associate that word and race. Why? I've lived in the bay area all of my life, and that's what I came out with when I grew up. The social media (movies, etc.) link the two here and there, and growing up around the area and people, I know the lingo that people use. So when I said ghetto, I wanted to be descriptive so you have that idea in your mind when the words came out. Calling it racist is just another failed attempt to twist words and throw pellets at a boulder.

I don't mind the slack I get from you two jumpin' back n' forth, it just adds to my fan base. I know it adds to my fan base because I'm sure you guys will be stalking around my other future posts to point out and argue your sides of the case. You guys just seem to think I'm provoking when I state my point with valid argument being as explicit at possible.

I do laugh at your attempts to report my posts linking me to some Pro Hitler Aryan racist and attempt to get me banned. That would be harassment, but I won't be reporting that to any of the mods, like everyone else has with me to the mods. I'm just as normal as everyone else, except I'm not afraid to speak what people whisper to their friends or think in the back of their minds.

In other posts, I explicitly say I don't give a damn about cops, I don't hate 'em or like 'em just like every other person here. It sucks to get busted with a ticket every once n' a while, but that doesn't mean I hate them all. I post my videos when cops do some crazy stuff when it's out of line and give my opinion to why I think it is inappropriate for that action. The overwhelming defense on the board comes to rescue pretty fast in those instances, and seriously you can't defend all cops cuz humans are not 100% correct. So I think they're just plain blowing air when it gets to these cases that were caught on camera.

Same goes with politics, but that's a different story. I am pro citizen and I wish the government would back off, as obviously what they're doing is making this country suck. I say let capitalism run its course, government stay as minimal as possible (obviously again, they need to protect the country, but not go into other countries and throw in democracy, regulate certain foods, etc.) so I don't mind paying taxes for stuff that I see. It's all the taxing for almost everything, and we're still in debt? I mean what have all our taxes gone to? Wasteful spending and consuming.
Haha...its like all of that is meant for me.
Old 07-08-2009, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by iLoqin
I graduated with a psychology degree. We talked about a lot of hot topics in class, in a safe environment that many people don't like to talk about. Just like you, just like the rest of society that shy away from important issues.
Wow...what a hard degree. At Sac State, maybe?

Good, you are entitled to an opinion, wonderful. Just be reasonable because your far from it.

Old 07-08-2009, 06:41 PM

Car Info: 2005 WRX - Stage 2 and EQ Tuned!
Don't use a Psychology degree as a backdrop for your obviously over the top viewpoints. It is OK to voice your opinion, but you should do it in a manner that makes you sound more intelligent and less bigot.

If you have read Freakonomics, you will find that the writers bring up really untouchable subjects and at one point even use statistics to back up there notion that the world would be a better place is there were more abortions. They received death threats, but the book was also a best seller because they used fact logic and statistics to make an argument.

They were not being bigots when writing that more crime is committed by black Americans, and they did not come off as racist in my eyes because of how they wrote what they thought. They didn't sound like children, because they knew what they were saying was for a public audience.
Old 07-09-2009, 08:57 AM

Car Info: silverthorne 2000 2.5rs
OP you act like you are posting your stories and opinions and it is wrong or our fault for reading the thread and replying with our own. Posting on the internet is very different from writing in a diary, or sparking a conversation with some friends. People post topics on internet message boards to spark a discussion, a conversation, with all kinds of people. There are different outlets for random stories and thoughts. If you are going to keep telling people to stop replying to your threads because you don't want to hear what they are saying then there is no point in posting them in the first place. Your OP is just a rant, not any basis for any kind of discussion, and was very close to a definition of a "trolling" post. Just laying bait for an argument. Shoulda just kept it to yourself.

Before you say "Well X posts Y that has nothing to do with Z all the time", you aren't contributing to any worthwhile discussion either in this case. You're being the sheep you always talk about, start being a leader.
Old 07-09-2009, 09:49 AM

Car Info: Teh Subie
Originally Posted by code3suby
All I have to say is that I feel bad for flatline, you think you have it bad with that one experience?

I work in Richmond.... I go home furious some days
I live in that same area; its not that bad really, and the people don't get to me if I don't spend all my time judging them. I've lived in urban/economically depressed areas for a majority of my life, I don't openly hate the people there, nor did I get 'infected' by them and end up in their state of fail.

It'd be great for the OP & similar minded folk to have a "Trading Places" experience and live in the ghetto with those whom he detests so much. Hell we take the poor kids from the inner city out to the country so they can see something different, why not turn the worm? You know...come down from the marble castle & see how people really live! Think of it as a lesson in Cultural Anthropology if that appeals to your higher education goals. It helps to know how to deal with different types of people in a non-sociopath manner, some time with them peoples would change your world view for the better.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:36 AM
Yin

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by STiForFun
It'd be great for the OP & similar minded folk to have a "Trading Places" experience and live in the ghetto with those whom he detests so much. Hell we take the poor kids from the inner city out to the country so they can see something different, why not turn the worm? You know...come down from the marble castle & see how people really live! Think of it as a lesson in Cultural Anthropology if that appeals to your higher education goals. It helps to know how to deal with different types of people in a non-sociopath manner, some time with them peoples would change your world view for the better.

i know this image seems like the typical iclub reference picture response, but this movie actually touches on exactly what you are talking about. very good comedy flick that has a thoughtful perspective on... perspective.
Old 07-09-2009, 01:09 PM

Car Info: baby blue TRICK STAR on pink TUFF II's (MIA) =(
thread is kinda ironic. won't say much else. live+let live's my motto.
::
lota folks out there do need to check themselves tho....not just up in this spot.
Old 07-12-2009, 12:45 PM

Its sooo funny to copy/paste iLogin's posts into the Mac terminal using the say command.
Old 07-12-2009, 03:12 PM

Car Info: '06 Wagon
hi scoobyson! lets blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaze!
Old 07-12-2009, 08:23 PM

Car Info: 09sti
Originally Posted by CLsmooth71
thread is kinda ironic. won't say much else. live+let live's my motto.
::
lota folks out there do need to check themselves tho....not just up in this spot.

On the internet everyone can be what they can never be in real life. With that said , live and let live is the way to go.

Quick Reply: Common Courtesy...