Common Courtesy...

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2009, 03:11 AM

Car Info: RWD Camry
Originally Posted by nerd
As a bank employee he has every right to close her account. Read the all the paper work they give when you opened your account. I have worked in a bank for the last five and a half years and there have only been four times I have had to close someones account because of them being abusive to other customers or other bank employees
lol so if u close their account can u keep their moniez?
Old 07-03-2009, 03:42 AM

Car Info: 2015 SWP WRX
^share the wealth!!!
Old 07-03-2009, 07:52 AM

Car Info: 70 BMW 1600
Originally Posted by flatline
i guess your right, its ridiculous.

ive seen people literally Honk and Cut Off elderly people walking in a parking lot like WTF are you thinking!!! Wait 10 seconds and let them walk across the street!!!
Reminds me of this video lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bBVJAFrN0U
Old 07-03-2009, 08:22 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
I have no patience for for undesireables in my shop.

Had a carload of d-bags arrive in mom's BMW a few years ago.
As they get out of the car, two of 'em put their beverage containers on the ground, next to the car.

After conducting business, they walk to the car, get in, and shut the doors...w/o picking up the containers.

As the car was backing up, I walked over, picked up the cups, and attempted to hand them back to the occupunts.
They ignored me.

So I emptied the beverages on mom's BMW..and placed the containers into the gabage dumpster.

Problem solved...leason learned.
Old 07-03-2009, 09:32 AM

Car Info: Teh Subie
Originally Posted by nerd
As a bank employee he has every right to close her account. Read the all the paper work they give when you opened your account. I have worked in a bank for the last five and a half years and there have only been four times I have had to close someones account because of them being abusive to other customers or other bank employees. It doesnt happen all the tim but some times it does and you have figure if the situation can be resolved a different way but if it cant you close the account. A bank can refuse service to ANYONE just like the rest of the world.
Yes, but there's a difference between an initial warning and outright closing the account based on prima facie racism. Having managed customer service in the past myself, its safer to exercise the 'right to refuse service to anyone' rather than start debating with the full time idiot about their attitude.

If you bypass the swear filter on here for the first time, do you want a warning or an outright ban?

I'm just looking at it from both sides of the fence, especially in light of how quick people get litigious in sunny California.
Old 07-03-2009, 09:55 AM

Car Info: Teh Subie
And getting back on topic rather than flaming the OP....

For the new parents out there....Problem behaviors are: Habitual (under the control of reinforcement), Satisfy an impulse, and predictable (ona schedule of probability).

Parents need to do the following:
* Clarify rules & expectations - Speak in simple language, get a commitment from the child to behave as they are told.

* Excercise behavior modification & natural consequences - Let the consequences do the work for you.

* Regulate child impulses & emotions - Teach child how to speak their emotions instead of acting them out.

* Monitor & follow through - Make sure you evolve with your child
Old 07-03-2009, 10:07 AM

Car Info: Nadda
It's unfortunate that all these crazy things are happening in America. I use America instead of the World because in some parts of the world there things still are not equal or enforced by law to be equal. In america it is, and the etiquette or lack there of by people just blow my mind. There is a reason why other countries look at American's that visit their country as just plain RUDE. Most nations look at us as rude people. Maybe it's our fault we're more blunt than others getting the point across or we're open to discuss matters that people think are more private.

Bottom line, a lot of the kids that are incarcerated have issues, but besides their issues it's more the parent's fault than the kids fault. I mean yes, the kid did what he did, but the parents raising a kid not to have morals is the parent's fault more than the kid. They should be thrown in jail for ****ting out a kid that they didn't teach the correct right and wrongs. Furthermore, they shouldn't have had a kid in the first place. All of this really does have to do with parenting than the actual people of today's society.

I can't believe the amount of people are this rude on a day to day basis.
Old 07-03-2009, 10:55 AM

Car Info: Smokin' Joe
You should see the ghetto trash trying to get drinks at a bar... and also.. ghetto comes in all kinds of colors.

"this drank taste like juuuuuuiice!"
Old 07-03-2009, 02:35 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRX
Based on my travels and interaction with other people German tourists are far more douchey than American tourists. I think the reason that American tourists garnered a poor reputation is because there were/are a lot of them. It's a case of a smaller percentage of a large group being larger than a large percentage of a small group. I haven't met everyone or traveled everywhere but I don't think Americans are more blunt or better at getting a point across or more likely to discuss matters that other cultures would consider private.

Do any of the people who know a lot about parenting/raising children ever consider enrolling in a mentor or big brother/sister program?
Old 07-04-2009, 09:21 AM

Car Info: 06 Audi A3
No closing there account... and giving them there money back is not the first thing to do. You wanna try to talk to them and fix whatever problem they may have. If that does not work you ask them to leave politely. Again closing there account is the last resort. And if they ask for a manager you tell you are the manager.
Old 07-04-2009, 10:44 AM

Car Info: '04 ed tuned vf39 jbp wagon
Originally Posted by iLoqin
Common ****in' courtesy.

You're at the bank filling out your deposit slip, and in the background you hear a lady ask a black girl if she is in line, and she snaps back with her ghetto accent "Yeah, I'm in line Stupid" (without the stupid part, but you understand the attitude). This black girl is wandering the bank, obviously out of line and then she begins to write on her deposit slip. She lets another lady go before her. The teller calls for the next person in line and you assume that this black girl is out of line so you stake a step toward the teller.

Then she walks up to the same teller and says "Excuse me, I'm next".
"Oh I thought you were not in line, you let the other lady go ahead and I thought you were still writing on your deposit slip"
"Yeah I am in line okaaaay, I still got my place." in her ghetto black accent.

Then you reply with "Well it doesn't matter to me, I'm not in a hurry, so I don't mind. But obviously you are, so go ahead." (obviously irritated that this girl thinks the world is out after her or something)

Learn some common courtesy, it's like these (insert female dog here) weren't taught the right way. Where the hell are the god damned parents? Just because someone asks if you're in line doesn't mean you should snap back. That ***** needs a slap in her ho-*** face. I hope she gets brutally beatin' up by her drug addict slangin' BF.
..yeah...your racist

and comparing your problem with a rude person in line at the bank with all the problems in the world doesn't really sound logical either
Old 07-04-2009, 10:48 AM

Car Info: 1999 RS Coupé- 1995 Mazda Miata -KTM 300
Name:  obama-aw-hell-naw.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  34.0 KB
Old 07-04-2009, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by rubaCU
..yeah...your racist

and comparing your problem with a rude person in line at the bank with all the problems in the world doesn't really sound logical either
Everyone has a bit of racism in them. Stereotypes exists because of that. If you can walk down the street with a bunch of guys dressed in hoodies/puffy coats and baggy jeans following you without giving it a second thought, then I'd just say you're asking for it.

I don't turn my back on any group of guys who seem wankster. If that is racist then too bad. I do it to protect myself. Sorry if these people I run into fall into their own stereotypes. It only reinforces it.
As for this girl who thinks she can mouth off to any person she wants to, she'll learn her lesson eventually. It's just too bad society has to deal with those people.

After being mugged and hit in the jaw by black guys who just couldn't mind their own business, but **** with other people for the fun of it, I have every reason to be the way I am. If I didn't learn from that, then I would just be ignorant.

You sir, are 110% ignorant, anyone can cry about racism anywhere. If this posts offends you, then tell your ho of a gurl to get some manners or gain some integrity.

I don't have a problem with black people who are dressed appropriately and doing their business stuff. I don't even have a problem with the ones that dress like they're gangsters. It's all on how they communicate.

I can walk down the street and listen to some of them talk here and there, some are nice people, the others aren't. It doesn't take an etiquette teacher to show you what manners are, it takes parenting. If I run into a lot of dark skinned folks who don't have any manners, I just think of the parents who raised these bone headed people to be so rude and they are just apart of society, just like how you need to make money to live.

Don't get me wrong like I'm attacking black people. Everyone is a little timid to admit their psychological shameness of having racism/discrimination in their heads. I have a bit for every race/ethnicity, including my own race. Don't sit there and cry like a little sissy, common courtesy doesn't take a rocket scientist. If you want to twist it and tell me I'm racist, you're blowing air.

Bottom line, everyone is a bit racist or discriminatory, that's how we were made through experiences, etc. Go walk around or do something anywhere, and just notice that every part of life can be judged as being racist or discriminatory. I'm just as racist as everyone else here on the boards, including you.
Old 07-04-2009, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by rubaCU
..yeah...your racist

Sorry to break reality to you so harsh, maybe you should take the blue pill and go back to your dream land.

Old 07-04-2009, 11:54 AM

Car Info: '04 ed tuned vf39 jbp wagon
Originally Posted by iLoqin
Everyone has a bit of racism in them. Stereotypes exists because of that. If you can walk down the street with a bunch of guys dressed in hoodies/puffy coats and baggy jeans following you without giving it a second thought, then I'd just say you're asking for it.

I don't turn my back on any group of guys who seem wankster. If that is racist then too bad. I do it to protect myself. Sorry if these people I run into fall into their own stereotypes. It only reinforces it.
As for this girl who thinks she can mouth off to any person she wants to, she'll learn her lesson eventually. It's just too bad society has to deal with those people.

After being mugged and hit in the jaw by black guys who just couldn't mind their own business, but **** with other people for the fun of it, I have every reason to be the way I am. If I didn't learn from that, then I would just be ignorant.

You sir, are 110% ignorant, anyone can cry about racism anywhere. If this posts offends you, then tell your ho of a gurl to get some manners or gain some integrity.

I don't have a problem with black people who are dressed appropriately and doing their business stuff. I don't even have a problem with the ones that dress like they're gangsters. It's all on how they communicate.

I can walk down the street and listen to some of them talk here and there, some are nice people, the others aren't. It doesn't take an etiquette teacher to show you what manners are, it takes parenting. If I run into a lot of dark skinned folks who don't have any manners, I just think of the parents who raised these bone headed people to be so rude and they are just apart of society, just like how you need to make money to live.

Don't get me wrong like I'm attacking black people. Everyone is a little timid to admit their psychological shameness of having racism/discrimination in their heads. I have a bit for every race/ethnicity, including my own race. Don't sit there and cry like a little sissy, common courtesy doesn't take a rocket scientist. If you want to twist it and tell me I'm racist, you're blowing air.

Bottom line, everyone is a bit racist or discriminatory, that's how we were made through experiences, etc. Go walk around or do something anywhere, and just notice that every part of life can be judged as being racist or discriminatory. I'm just as racist as everyone else here on the boards, including you.
he he...you make me laugh. It's pretty hard to show you how wrong you are because you are really really THAT wrong.

It sucks you got mugged, but blaming a whole race for one incident doesn't make sense. This is called extremism and there are many cults that would greatly accept you if you jump so easily to such conclusions.

There's a difference between cultural stereotypes and racial stereotypes. You have been interchanging them quite frequently and seem ignorant for doing so.

Your thinking that being racist is only natural is regressing the human race, not advancing it. The world thanks you for holding us back.

Last edited by rubaCU; 07-04-2009 at 11:57 AM.

Quick Reply: Common Courtesy...