CoD Modern Warfare 2 OHBOYOHBOYOHBOY!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 11:10 PM
Yeah, You've Probably Never Heard Of Me.

Car Info: 345/30/19s
okay BIG spoiler here, I'll type it in white if you guys dont want to read it, though it might make you not want to buy this game, and dont click the link

Anyhow...

one of the levels just got leaked where you actually play a terrorist walking through an airport shooting up HUNDREDS of innocent civilians. Yeah that scene from the trailer? You play that, first person! Look, I dont know the story behind it all, and since it happens partway through the game there could be more going on here than is being explained, but still, it would be kinda like playing the WW2 CoD but playing as a **** rounding up and killing innocent Jews. I really hope they know what they are doing with this, anyways, while its still up you can check it here, not pretty...

http://www.liveleak.com/item?a=view&...364_1256689255
Old 10-27-2009, 11:10 PM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: 2018 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel EOC Stage 1
EDIT: Jeremy beat me to it. **** it. It's only a game. Anyone else play GTA and kill civvies? or State of Emergency? or Fable 2? or anything!? Same ****, different game......

Last edited by rau; 10-27-2009 at 11:13 PM.
Old 10-27-2009, 11:28 PM

yeah, though when I play GTA or Postal etc Im looking for and expecting a different experience. Same as when I watch a Tom and Jerry cartoon, I expect to see Tom get a stick of dynamite stuck in his mouth and laugh because thats the slapstick experience Im expecting, I dont want to play a game like CoD and watch a cats head blow off

We'll see how it unfolds, like I said, this is taking this one scene totally out of context, It will be interesting to see if they can make it cohesive with the rest of the game where youre trying to be just the opposite, otherwise its going to be totally out of place and draw you, awkwardly and uncomfortably, out of the rest of the whole game experience.
Old 10-27-2009, 11:34 PM
rau
Something Custom

Originally Posted by Krinkov
yeah, though when I play GTA or Postal etc Im looking for and expecting a different experience. Same as when I watch a Tom and Jerry cartoon, I expect to see Tom get a stick of dynamite stuck in his mouth and laugh because thats the slapstick experience Im expecting, I dont want to play a game like CoD and watch a cats head blow off

We'll see how it unfolds, like I said, this is taking this one scene totally out of context, It will be interesting to see if they can make it cohesive with the rest of the game where youre trying to be just the opposite, otherwise its going to be totally out of place and draw you, awkwardly and uncomfortably, out of the rest of the whole game experience.
so you dont feel remorse for killing a terrorist unmercifully/
Old 10-27-2009, 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by rau
so you dont feel remorse for killing a terrorist unmercifully/

Hell no, thats why I play the game!

But seriously, I did have a bit of a pause the first time I played CoD 2 as a ****, or CoD MW as the Op4 killing US Marines. But in both these cases, there is clearly defined combatants that are not whats being represented in gameplay. In the context of a multiplayer game, the appearance of the different teams is just semantic because your not playing by yourself through a story, Your playing against people you've never seen before on the other side of the world you must pwn! In this case you can all look like cats and dogs for all it matters.

But in the context of a single person game, where you're supposedly the "protagonist" in a story, the experience changes dramatically. Lets take the concept of "Terrorist" out of it for now, hell lets take ***** out too. What if the next CoD was set in Vietnam. And what if one of the levels was recreating the U.S. Armys My Lai Massacre of over 400 innocent civilians? How would that be any more or less appropriate than whats that level in MW2 is? Im not sure if I'd want to play through that either. **** or Terrorist or Us, I dont want to play a game in that setting or with that pre-defined expectation and delivery of realism where one of my goals is to kill unarmed, defenseless civilians.

In any case, Its all going to come down to how this is presented and everything leading up to it, Infinity Ward are pretty damn talented and creative, and I trust they wouldnt just throw a level like that into the middle of gameplay totally out of context if they didnt know what they were doing with it. Though I promise you, I'll start the level by trying to shoot the other terrorist first and seeing what happens!

Last edited by Krinkov; 10-28-2009 at 12:21 AM.
Old 10-28-2009, 12:10 AM
rau
Something Custom

Originally Posted by Krinkov
Hell no, thats why I play the game!

But seriously, I did have a bit of a pause the first time I played CoD 2 as a ****, or CoD MW as the Op4 killing US Marines. But in both these cases, there is clearly defined combatants that are not whats being represented in gameplay. In the context of a multiplayer game, the appearance of the different teams is just semantic because your not playing by yourself through a story, Your playing against people you've never seen before on the other side of the world you must pwn! In this case you can all look like cats and dogs for all it matters.

But in the context of a single person game, where you're supposedly the "protagonist" in a story, the experience changes dramatically. Lets take the concept of "Terrorist" out of it for now, hell lets take ***** out too. What if the next CoD was set in Vietnam. And what if one of the levels was recreating the U.S. Armys My Lai Massacre of over 400 innocent civilians? How would that be any more or less appropriate than whats that level in MW2 is? Im not sure if I'd want to play through that either. **** or Terrorist or Us, I dont want to play a game in that setting or with that pre-defined expectation and delivery or realism where one of my goals is to kill unarmed, defenseless civilians.

In any case, Its all going to come down to how this is presented and everything leading up to it, Infinity Ward are pretty damn talented and creative, and I trust they wouldnt just throw a level like that into the middle of gameplay totally out of context if they didnt know what they were doing with it. Though I promise you, I'll start the level by trying to shoot the other terrorist first and seeing what happens!
Good answer
Old 10-28-2009, 12:34 AM

Car Info: 2002 WRX
Still ignoring the real travesty here...

Where the **** are the dedicated servers?!
Old 10-28-2009, 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by SomethingClassy
Still ignoring the real travesty here...

Where the **** are the dedicated servers?!
See this is the REAL tragedy right here!

Hell I'd mow through a dozen levels of innocent airport vacation goers if they didt screw us like that!

Hell I'd even let em toss in a level of punting babies into a lions cage! Yes my morals walk a very fine line, and that line is dedicated PC servers vs. punting babies into lion cages.

Old 10-28-2009, 12:43 AM

Car Info: 2002 WRX
Punting babies into lion cages is crossing the line. What happens if you hit the poor lions in the eye?
Old 10-28-2009, 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by SomethingClassy
Punting babies into lion cages is crossing the line. What happens if you hit the poor lions in the eye?
You will be the first person on my dedicated server!
Old 10-28-2009, 09:31 AM

Car Info: 2008 subaru AWD stroller...wahaha
can't wait until this game come out...

alan'09
Old 10-28-2009, 03:53 PM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
spioler

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIKUGa5lyUU

shows all the maps> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcwDnf7aQn0
Old 10-28-2009, 09:03 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: R.I.P 03 aspen white wrx
Originally Posted by sigma pi
booooo its been removed! need WORKING LINKS
Old 10-30-2009, 06:45 PM

Old 10-31-2009, 01:36 PM

Car Info: 05 STi
Deploying Jan 5, playing this every day until then.

Quick Reply: CoD Modern Warfare 2 OHBOYOHBOYOHBOY!!!