CNN Breaking News, Douche tweeting drives over cliff

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 11:58 AM

Car Info: FR-S + WRB Bugeye.
Originally Posted by Unit 91
The fact that we're calling a plastic surgeon any sort of celebrity proves that we have our priorities all out of whack. In no way, shape or form should a plastic surgeon ever be considered any sort of celebrity. Unless the guy is doing humanitarian work, but I wouldn't consider nose jobs and breast enlargements on another non-celebrity (or anyone for that matter) anything close to that.

That concludes my rant for today. Thank you.
+1..just because he worked on celebs doesn't make him a "semi-celebrity"..whatever the hell that means....
Old 08-18-2010, 12:00 PM
plays well with others

Car Info: your mother crazy
Originally Posted by skeeler
Check out TMZ, they have more details than what you posted.
sad but true... TMZ is usually more accurate than CNN.
Old 08-18-2010, 12:00 PM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
Originally Posted by Unit 91
The fact that we're calling a plastic surgeon any sort of celebrity proves that we have our priorities all out of whack. In no way, shape or form should a plastic surgeon ever be considered any sort of celebrity. Unless the guy is doing humanitarian work, but I wouldn't consider nose jobs and breast enlargements on another non-celebrity (or anyone for that matter) anything close to that.

That concludes my rant for today. Thank you.
i would like to add everyone from any MTV reality show to the non celeb list
Old 08-18-2010, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by stupidchicken03
i would like to add everyone from any reality show to the non celeb list
ftfy.
Old 08-18-2010, 12:34 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Bugeyed Autowagon
Its actually sad the guy finally accomplished something he had wanted to do for a long time, was excited and tweeted from the top of the hill and died on his way home.

Maybe it was just his time to go, cause his life became complete.
Old 08-18-2010, 01:09 PM
Yeah, You've Probably Never Heard Of Me.

Car Info: 345/30/19s
Other sources say different, if someone proves he sent a message within a minute before the accident i'd belive it, and i'd eat my words. Whose to say his dog didn't get in the way?

The only place I read the CNN version was on CNN, which doesn't really have high priority on a semi celebrity. I'd trust tmz over cnn in celebrity news because thats their main focus, its why they released the story around an hour after it happened, not days after. You don't have to agree with my logic there, but i'll defintely trust tmz over cnn on this one.

Sure, the guy could have texted in his car before the crash, its not necesarily what caused the crash. I'll text at stoplights, maybe thats when he texted. Maybe he just ****ed up and drove off.
Youre right, the OP is a douche for not double checking with TMZ before relaying a story that CNN, USA Today, CBS news, ABC News, and the Associated Press are all reporting the same way. (type "Frank Ryan texting" into google and all those are on the first page)

Look, I really dont give a **** one way or the other what the really story is, I dont know this guy and dont have the emotional connection to this story you seem to have. If you would have just posted what you just did above in the first place that would have been alot more appropriate than just calling Slow an "misinformed douche"

All Im sayin

Peace.
Old 08-18-2010, 01:47 PM

Car Info: 05 WRX sedan
The OP is a douche for disrespecting a dead person, someone he doesnt know at all. I dont know why you feel the need to get all crazy about it. you dont need to get fired up because i called someone a douche.

Yes, I realize i dont know the OP at all and I am doing the same thing as him by calling him a douche, why you got involved is beyond me.

Of course if you type "anyone texting" you'll get those as your search results. I'm pretty sure they are supposed to come back with results showing the key words you type in.

I'm not worried about it at all, I don't want to argue about speculations.
Old 08-18-2010, 01:51 PM

Car Info: VF48'd WRB Bugeye
^ Ok you aren't a douche, the OP isn't a douche and neither is CNN.

"He lived up in Malibu on a tiny street and he was texting while driving and he accidentally went over the cliff," Charmaine Blake says.
His ex-girlfriend is the douche.
Old 08-18-2010, 01:57 PM

Fair enough, I guess its not cool to jump to conclusions no matter how many places report it one way, pretty sure all these separate news outlets are just relaying from a single source anyhow. but yeah what is your connection to this story? Did you know him or work with him?
Old 08-18-2010, 02:25 PM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
Originally Posted by kyoung05
ftfy.
True
Old 08-18-2010, 02:30 PM

Car Info: 05 WRX sedan
He was my plastic surgeon.

Just kidding. No connection at all, I had just read the story and felt bad for him. A guy accomplishes something he has wanted to do for many years, dies minutes later. Sure, he drove off a cliff but reaching any goal or desire you have set for yourself doesn't make you a douche.

I guess my point was that I don't find CNN to be more credible than TMZ on a subject like this, and really they are probably just relaying information from AP or somewhere else. Pararazzi is everywhere in that area and they most likely hit up TMZ with the more accurate information where AP probably just called the guy's family. One quote from the CNN article was from "a publicist", not even his. I don't think quoting a random person in an article makes it very credible.

As to the whole douche thing, its just not cool to make fun of someone who just died. Show some class? I would be pissed if someone I knew died in an accident and people just referred to them as a douche.
Old 08-18-2010, 08:24 PM

Umm, that story is a few days old. He Tweeted from the top of a hill that he had wanted to hike for a few years, finally did it and tweeted pictures from the top of it. I've been following this story since monday and no other source said anything other than what I said. Check out TMZ, they have more details than what you posted.

I don't believe the guy was texting in his car, your story is off. Its actually sad the guy finally accomplished something he had wanted to do for a long time, was excited and tweeted from the top of the hill and died on his way home.

The OP a douche and very misinformed.
Hey maybe you are the douche because your reading comprehension sucks?

Next time read the article I post douche.

"Blake, a celebrity publicist, says Ryan's family was told by investigators that the Tweeting caused the wreck on Monday."

I don't generally go through and check cnn sources are correct in articles I post online, I leave that up to CNN.

douche douchey douchecakeeeeees I eat em every day, does that make me a douche?

So you think TMZ=better source, and more likely to be correct than cnn
let me hit that crack pipe yo

Fair enough, I guess its not cool to jump to conclusions no matter how many places report it one way, pretty sure all these separate news outlets are just relaying from a single source anyhow. but yeah what is your connection to this story? Did you know him or work with him?

------maybe he had work DONE by him.

Last edited by slow04wrx; 08-18-2010 at 09:03 PM.
Old 08-18-2010, 09:37 PM

Umm, that story is a few days old. He Tweeted from the top of a hill that he had wanted to hike for a few years, finally did it and tweeted pictures from the top of it. I've been following this story since monday and no other source said anything other than what I said. Check out TMZ, they have more details than what you posted.

I don't believe the guy was texting in his car, your story is off. Its actually sad the guy finally accomplished something he had wanted to do for a long time, was excited and tweeted from the top of the hill and died on his way home.

The OP a douche and very misinformed.
damn you've followed this story since Monday!
Old 08-18-2010, 11:39 PM

Car Info: Teh Subie
he was a celebrity, he created Heidistein....

Old 08-18-2010, 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by STiForFun
he was a celebrity, he created Heidistein....

I dont know who that is, but I kinda like the before one better than the after

Quick Reply: CNN Breaking News, Douche tweeting drives over cliff