CHP Zero Tolerance on front license plates???

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2004, 10:54 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: this required information?
Originally Posted by Heavy Dan
one more thing... berkeley pd is terrible. one of them picked a fight with me at a bar. another one drove into my friend's car and then blamed it on my friend... the cop lost in court. berkeley's cops are infamous for drug problems.
one thing i do know... one cop pulled me over for having a light out... I didn't have a license plate on the time.... and she told me that berkeley pd doesn't give tickets for that and that a cop that does is rediculous

where the **** are you getting all this info?? that is totally untrue. i think there was 2 cops in like the past 30 years with the drug thing. TWO in 30 years, big deal im sure SF and LA and stuff have way more. and who was this cop that got in a fight with you and who crashed into your friends car? whats his name?
Old 07-13-2004, 11:04 AM

Car Info: 2002 WRX
Originally Posted by wombatsauce
Dood. Is it okay with you if I leave my front plate off and accept the potential consequences of this action?

-Jacob
Well and simply put.
As long as it isn't a safety issue, do as you please at your own (financial) risk!
Old 07-13-2004, 11:48 AM

Car Info: '02 WRX, Aspen White, Stage 1 Cobb
"where the **** are you getting all this info?? that is totally untrue. i think there was 2 cops in like the past 30 years with the drug thing. TWO in 30 years, big deal im sure SF and LA and stuff have way more. and who was this cop that got in a fight with you and who crashed into your friends car? whats his name?"

if you know berkeley pd, you know it's a pretty shady place. there's no way i'll get myself in trouble by saying any names.
feel free and don't believe me. I lived in berkeley for 6 years and no a large majority of the cops by name
Old 07-13-2004, 11:55 AM

Car Info: '02 WRX, Aspen White, Stage 1 Cobb
I will say that, for the most part, a huge majority of berkeley PD are ABSOLUTELY GREAT. Most of them don't give BS tickets (front plates, etc), are concerned about safety not picky laws, and are reasonable people.... BUT, there are a few VERY bad seeds.
I'm sure there are many other berkeley natives on this forum that will agree with me
Old 07-13-2004, 12:11 PM
I don't need more cowbell dammit!

Car Info: E82
Originally Posted by wombatsauce
Dood. Is it okay with you if I leave my front plate off and accept the potential consequences of this action?

-Jacob
Its fine with me as long as you dont ***** abvout it if you get a ticket. I really dont care whether or not you have one, I just dont see the point of not having one.
Old 07-13-2004, 12:13 PM
I don't need more cowbell dammit!

Car Info: E82
I will say that, for the most part, a huge majority of berkeley PD are ABSOLUTELY GREAT. Most of them don't give BS tickets (front plates, etc), are concerned about safety not picky laws, and are reasonable people.... BUT, there are a few VERY bad seeds.
I'm sure there are many other berkeley natives on this forum that will agree with me
Ive been doing Illegal things in Berkeley sonce I was 14 and the onjly cops to ever give me problems were the UCPD.
Old 07-13-2004, 12:42 PM
VIP Member

ok and yes alot of them are great and you are right there are a couple slugs that work there that they are trying to get to retire, heh. can you PM with a couple names i would like to know these people so if by chance i run into them i can prepare myself for what they might try and do. you wont get in trouble, if anything the PD will thank you if they even hear about it which they wont. also who are the cops you do know? you can say there names.
Old 07-13-2004, 12:43 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by jewpac42
Ive been doing Illegal things in Berkeley sonce I was 14 and the onjly cops to ever give me problems were the UCPD.

yea your right its only UC that give me and my friends **** if we are like biking/skating around. BPD doesnt care, they actaully have better things to do. but you guys know the reason why UC are such A-holes, its cause they feel week and stuff cause there not the actaully city cops, its like they have to make up for something so they become hard asses to show that they can do just as well as the city cops.
Old 07-13-2004, 01:44 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRX
5 years living/driving in Berkeley in mid-90s, mostly no problem.
Once pulled over while driving a slammed, tinted, Volvo 740 sedan w/custom plates that said "THE DRGN". Pulled over for 4-day-expired tags, daytime, busy Durant Ave. Obviously, cop wanted to check if I was running with a gang. Fine, I might too in the situation at that time.
But the second I opened my mouth and said, "what?! my tags are expired?" he leaned in and yelled "AND you were going 45 when you ripped past me back there", which is just ridiculous because I saw him double-parked about 2 blocks in advance of passing him.
He had his flashlight (huh? its daytime) raised above my head and his meanest glare.

So I shut up and didn't get a speeding ticket. He wrote me a non fix-it ticket, and also had to pay my late registration fee. $200 total for ??

BUT, I NEVER generalize without proof. I'm sure most of the other hundreds of Berkeley PD are normal and reasonable.