CHP Zero Tolerance on front license plates???

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2004, 08:47 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRX
zumnwrx, it is not a moving violation, as others have stated. Moving violations are for when you're moving. Duhh.
Missing plate is not a moving/safety issue.
Old 07-12-2004, 09:00 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRX
Originally Posted by Krinkov
Hmm, you must not have been there yesterday to post something this ignorant.

The park ranger was VERY cool and polite and was only down there to talk to us because he had almost gotten into a head on collision with someone in a WRX racing up to the observatory and driving on the wrong side of the road. And even after that he wasnt there to harass us, just to tell us to take it easy, so get off your soap box.
Hmm, no need to diss. I was there at 2:20pm. I'm not going to argue about that. No soapbox here, just stating my opinion as everyone else is. I hope you don't have a problem with that.

All he said to me was about front license plate. Nothing about safety. Read my earlier posts. I suggested that he should talk about safety instead of wasting his time and my time on a topic that had nothing to do with his or anybody else's safety. He did not talk about safety with me. I'm glad to hear he did do so with some people. I would have thought it more useful and constructive if he talked about how I should be safe, even though I was being perfectly safe. I had my unborn child and wife in the car, so safety is 1st.

2 cents.
Old 07-12-2004, 09:01 PM
Warm Fuzzy Admin

Car Info: 97 LOB, 05 FXT, 03 Tundra
Originally Posted by Concillian
FYI, I know someone who has gotten a ticket for parking on the sidewalk just like you are parked.

It was one of a whole line of cars in a residential neighborhood in stockton with curbs just like that. The cops just went right down the street ticketing cars parked on the sidewalk.

I'm not judging how you park, just giving a heads up.

Oh, I know it. I don't usually park like that, I needed to check something under the car and that's the easy way to get more clearance; then I thought the light was cool and snapped some pics.
Old 07-12-2004, 09:21 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: R.I.P 03 aspen white wrx
Originally Posted by blue blurr
hey zumnwrx where are you getting all this info? cause i know a cop and i was talking to him about this and he says a fix it ticket wont give you "points" on ur record so it wont mess you up. unless the fix it ticket is hazerdess (like no headlights, cracked window) and no front plate is not hazerdess. also he said its up to the city on cost cause in berkely they used to charge 25 dollers now they only charge 10 dollers for a fix it ticket, so he thinks its up to the city not the county wht they charge. so i was wondering where you got this info? cause i would tend to belive a cop more than you, but i dunno. no offense to you im not meaning to be an *** if it seems so.
well maybe im wrong then.. but i was told by a city cop here in my town... that it shows on your dmv record (not sure in what way) that you got a ticket for not having a front plate,

and a fremont cop was the one that told me that some insurance companys are notified about changes to your dmv record on a real time basic not only apon request at renewal time...

as far as the fines go i didnt know they were by city, but they do vary either way

edgar,
if im wrong so be it... and im sorry if i caused you all to freak out haha
Old 07-12-2004, 09:25 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: this required information?
haha no problem, at first i was sorta freaking out but then i talked to him and he said he didnt think so, plsu ive driven by a bunch of cops and they didnt do anything, but yea that may be your city and this may only be my couple cities so who knows.
Old 07-12-2004, 09:49 PM
VIP Member

NOW im going to confirm my **** and update my post.. cause damnit its bugging me now

edgar,
Old 07-12-2004, 10:00 PM
Yeah, You've Probably Never Heard Of Me.

Car Info: 345/30/19s
Originally Posted by mudpie
Hmm, no need to diss. I was there at 2:20pm. I'm not going to argue about that. No soapbox here, just stating my opinion as everyone else is. I hope you don't have a problem with that.

All he said to me was about front license plate. Nothing about safety. Read my earlier posts. I suggested that he should talk about safety instead of wasting his time and my time on a topic that had nothing to do with his or anybody else's safety. He did not talk about safety with me. I'm glad to hear he did do so with some people. I would have thought it more useful and constructive if he talked about how I should be safe, even though I was being perfectly safe. I had my unborn child and wife in the car, so safety is 1st.

2 cents.
No sweat,

It just pisses me off that alot of people took alot of their time and effort to put together this meet and ALL THEY ASKED WAS NOBODY DRIVE STUPID AND RUIN IT FOR THE REST OF US. Well sure enough theres always a few douchebags that are going to anyways and one of them almost caused a head on collision with, of all people, the park ranger!!!

Considering the circumstances he was alot cooler than he had to be, thats why your post bothered me.

Peace.
Old 07-12-2004, 10:06 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2013 GR STi
Originally Posted by Krinkov
No sweat,

It just pisses me off that alot of people took alot of their time and effort to put together this meet and ALL THEY ASKED WAS NOBODY DRIVE STUPID AND RUIN IT FOR THE REST OF US. Well sure enough theres always a few douchebags that are going to anyways and one of them almost caused a head on collision with, of all people, the park ranger!!!

Considering the circumstances he was alot cooler than he had to be, thats why your post bothered me.

Peace.
I've been trying to find pity for the 16 year old that drove his STI with $2k bodykit and $7k paint job into a wall. For some reason, I just can't seem to find it.
Old 07-12-2004, 10:11 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by huck
I've been trying to find pity for the 16 year old that drove his STI with $2k bodykit and $7k paint job into a wall. For some reason, I just can't seem to find it.
HEY NOW THAT I THINK ABOUT IT... the ranger said it was a silver wrx... AND THE DUDE THE ****ED UP had a silver wrx....

ONE AND ONE TOGETHER.. maybe that was the same car..

edgar,
Old 07-12-2004, 11:30 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 1999 2.5RS / 2004 Forester X
FYI when I got a ticket for 62 in a 45 a few weeks back the cop went up to the front of my car and looked to write down my plate# but I didn't have it on there. So he walked to the back of my car and copied it down from there. He mentioned nothing to me about not having a front license plate.
Old 07-13-2004, 12:40 AM

Car Info: '02 WRX, Aspen White, Stage 1 Cobb
the front plate f'ed up my front bumper... scratched off the paint. I'm pissed... I took off the plate today.
Old 07-13-2004, 12:45 AM

Car Info: '02 WRX, Aspen White, Stage 1 Cobb
one more thing... berkeley pd is terrible. one of them picked a fight with me at a bar. another one drove into my friend's car and then blamed it on my friend... the cop lost in court. berkeley's cops are infamous for drug problems.
one thing i do know... one cop pulled me over for having a light out... I didn't have a license plate on the time.... and she told me that berkeley pd doesn't give tickets for that and that a cop that does is rediculous
Old 07-13-2004, 12:48 AM
I don't need more cowbell dammit!

Car Info: E82
Unless you have a FMIC I dont see why you feel the need to not have a front plate. Even if you have a FMIC I still dont see the need to leave it off on the streets.
Old 07-13-2004, 12:53 AM
I don't need more cowbell dammit!

Car Info: E82
Originally Posted by zumnwrx
HEY NOW THAT I THINK ABOUT IT... the ranger said it was a silver wrx... AND THE DUDE THE ****ED UP had a silver wrx....

ONE AND ONE TOGETHER.. maybe that was the same car..

edgar,
I wouldn't be surprised.
Old 07-13-2004, 10:06 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
Originally Posted by jewpac42
Unless you have a FMIC I dont see why you feel the need to not have a front plate. Even if you have a FMIC I still dont see the need to leave it off on the streets.
Dood. Is it okay with you if I leave my front plate off and accept the potential consequences of this action?

-Jacob

Quick Reply: CHP Zero Tolerance on front license plates???