CHP report: Deputy traveling 107 mph before crash into Impreza

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2012, 10:54 AM

Car Info: Reason
Yet another "we hate cops" thread. ZzzzzZZzzZz. I hope for your sake there are some good police around when you jagbags get your cars wrecked or broken into. /facepalm
Old 12-10-2012, 11:08 AM

Car Info: 2011 WRX Sedan
Originally Posted by buzzword
Yet another "we hate cops" thread. ZzzzzZZzzZz. I hope for your sake there are some good police around when you jagbags get your cars wrecked or broken into. /facepalm
well, I've already had useless cops show up, I'll get a good one eventually, right?
Old 12-10-2012, 11:43 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: .
i sure hope your reply is not aimed at everybody. i posted the article and am in no way affiliated with the replies and opinions posted
Old 12-10-2012, 12:04 PM

Car Info: 2011 Spark Silver Sti 4DR
lol i actually find them useless in an accident unless i need a police report and even then they're still *******s but i still wanna be a cop

Sent from my i4s using i-Club
Old 12-10-2012, 12:35 PM
I survived the Mod Challenge and all I got was this lousy title

Car Info: ...zeh car drives you!
May be people should be allowed to "opt-out" of police and fire services...if they think they are useless and unnecessary? May be even give them a tax credit for it?

Every profession has its bad apples; doesn't make it right to dismiss the entire occupation as useless. How about the people that say police is useless share their perfect, noble, without fault occupations?

As I said...It is a tragic situation and I am not defending the cop, but I won't throw the whole profession under the bus because of few individuals.
Old 12-10-2012, 12:38 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX Wagon
LOL way to bring up the two most common situations where cops are useless. Best case scenario, the cop can back you up as a witness if someone tries to claim they weren't at fault in an accident. If your car gets broken into they MIGHT file a police report if they do anything at all about it. I've had Sunnyvale PD yell at me for bothering them about it when my windows got busted in Los Palmas park.

And the fact that you have to "hope for a good cop" if something happens to you is bull****.
Old 12-10-2012, 05:02 PM

Car Info: '01 GC8 & '96 OBS
Originally Posted by Gancherov
LOL way to bring up the two most common situations where cops are useless. Best case scenario, the cop can back you up as a witness if someone tries to claim they weren't at fault in an accident. If your car gets broken into they MIGHT file a police report if they do anything at all about it. I've had Sunnyvale PD yell at me for bothering them about it when my windows got busted in Los Palmas park.

And the fact that you have to "hope for a good cop" if something happens to you is bull****.
Originally Posted by seckSti
lol i actually find them useless in an accident unless i need a police report and even then they're still *******s but i still wanna be a cop

Originally Posted by Volkey
"see this shiny badge, it means i can do wtf I want, whenever I want, and never suffer and consequences regaurdless of my actions"

**** the police.
you guys are right, all cops are pieces of ****, glad they dont show up when stuff actually gets bad and we need help. hell, I am sure everyone on iclub has plenty of rifle and handgun experience and buys enough weapons to take justice into their own hands. oh wait, they think they do.
Old 12-10-2012, 05:33 PM

Car Info: Galaxy Blue 2015 WRX
^ I've had no complaints with the cops I have dealt with; crashed two cars, got caught blazing once, got pulled over 3 times. Every single account was handled smoothly and professionally. This whole topic is going off the main topic, about the ONE DBAG cop that was going 107 on a residential street which was extremely unnecessary. Got busted burning and all they did was check all our records and said, find a better place to burn guys. The wrecks, they seemed very understanding with both situations , police reports were made. Being pulled over, 2 cops were males, ended up having a conversation with one, 3rd time was a female and she was very understanding and let us on our way with a warning to slow it down a bit. Most of the people I personally know that diss cops, are the nogood, badmouthin, ghetto speaking motherF**kers that think they are so damn smart but they spell you're like your and plenty other dumb crap. No **** a cop is going to treat you like sh*t when you are ignorant and cant even talk properly. Speak professional, be treated like a human. That is all
Old 12-10-2012, 05:59 PM

Car Info: 2008 SSM WRX Premium
Originally Posted by esousa22
^ I've had no complaints with the cops I have dealt with; crashed two cars, got caught blazing once, got pulled over 3 times. Every single account was handled smoothly and professionally. This whole topic is going off the main topic, about the ONE DBAG cop that was going 107 on a residential street which was extremely unnecessary. Got busted burning and all they did was check all our records and said, find a better place to burn guys. The wrecks, they seemed very understanding with both situations , police reports were made. Being pulled over, 2 cops were males, ended up having a conversation with one, 3rd time was a female and she was very understanding and let us on our way with a warning to slow it down a bit. Most of the people I personally know that diss cops, are the nogood, badmouthin, ghetto speaking motherF**kers that think they are so damn smart but they spell you're like your and plenty other dumb crap. No **** a cop is going to treat you like sh*t when you are ignorant and cant even talk properly. Speak professional, be treated like a human. That is all
Well said
Old 12-10-2012, 06:06 PM

Car Info: Galaxy Blue 2015 WRX
Originally Posted by WRX~Mike
Well said
thank you sir!
Old 12-10-2012, 08:04 PM

Car Info: Hilux Double Cab with a Dishka on top
You guys ever heard of The Blue Code of Silence? Cops protect other cops. Plain and simple. They will lose (destroy) evidence and manipulate the facts to protect themselves and each other.

I hope the person hit by the negligent officer sues the department for millions. They will most likely settle the case for an undisclosed amount to avoid any public embarrassment for their actions.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:35 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
Originally Posted by LxJLthr
That said, we will never know 100% both sides of the situation, so put the pitchfoks away. Was the impreza speeding? Was its turn legal? Did he see the officer approaching (lights or not) and still chose to turn? Was he paying attention or was he looking down at his phone? Was he driving impared?

I am not defending the cop, but we also don't know everything to issue a judgement beyond all resonable doubt.
This sounds like insanity.

Originally Posted by Volkey
**** the police.
Hmm.. This sounds like the voice of a young person who has had some experiences with LEOs, is bitter, but still has time to learn.

This sounds like a little bit older person who has decided not to learn. Or maybe just didn't take the time to read the OP...

Originally Posted by wrxBRAH
Further proof that law enforcement officials are above the law themselves. A regular citizen would be spending lots of quality time in jail and paying a ton of lawyer fees if they did this.
I would like to think this is far-fetched but have heard too many first-hand accounts from LEOs over the years to be able to deny it. Unless of course they were all just liars - but I don't really think so.

Originally Posted by queeg9k
This makes me sad. The officer should not have been going that fast on Watt ave. Sure its a wide straight street but that is way to fast. Endangering the public to serve and protect said public. I am glad there is no loss of life but that LEO was WRONG to be driving like an asshat!
Agreed. It's huge to consider the actual average speed of traffic there compared to the speed at the time of impact. Even if one were paying close attention and fully alert, someone going at least 107MPH would come up on you pretty quickly.

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
But saying they do more harm than good isn't really true. I have my own opinions about the CHP and their usefulness at this point but I separate the CHP from PD/Sheriff.

I come from a family full of law enforcement officers and have some friends in it and trying to get in to it. I actually took the test but recruitment shut down everywhere. My brother in law just got shot at for no other reason that being inside of a police car. Crazy.
Personally, I would love to emphatically agree with you. The strange thing is that my own experience with police has been pretty sparse, and mostly just fine. Most of the sad and disappointing things that I have learned about have come from friends and family in various departments in Southern CA and the Central Valley. These are good people who are doing their best as far as I can tell, but I have heard and over-heard stuff that makes it so that I question the intentions or wonder if there would have been a criminal without the cop in some cases. Granted I have no idea what I am talking about here, but - it's horrifying to hear how someone can trick another into becoming a criminal, and feel justified in their actions. It's horrifying how someone's trauma can be another's fun campfire anecdote.

Basically, there was a shift in my life when I would see an officer driving by and feel - I don't know - safer? To a drastically different point of view where I feel like they are always sizing me up as a potential customer, even in "assistance" or simple "contact" situations. It makes me really sad, but it's true, this is the way I feel. This does not make me a bad person, and it does not polarize me or say that I hate cops. It expresses a point of view based on first-hand experience and the relayed experiences of people that I know and trust.

When-ever I get a chance, I say hi to officers, and thank them for their service - but I always stay alert and never really feel comfortable, relaxed, or trusting. I am thankful for the service that I hope they provide, and would provide to me should I need it, but I know that I too am a potential customer. I guess this best describes my point of view. I do my best and hope that this comes across as respect, but it's very different from the sort of respect that is earned.

The video is worthless. The facts are that the cop broke the law, hurt somebody as a result, and he was caught lying about it.

I don't care if the impreza driver was blindfolded, steering with his knees and holding a spoon in one hand and a syringe in the other. It sucks that he got hurt, but sometimes life sucks - at least he's not dead.

You're right, we don't know 100% of what happened that night. However, we can be 99% sure that the cop was grossly negligent from one simple fact: his speed. There has never been a good reason to be going that fast without lights and sirens ESPECIALLY when there is potential for cross traffic!
Exactly.

Originally Posted by bobb126
this is the most full of **** statement i have ever seen, you have no idea what you are talking about, you're making a generalization that really should encompass all jobs and not law enforcement. think before you speak
Sounds like you are a LEO of some sort.

May be people should be allowed to "opt-out" of police and fire services...if they think they are useless and unnecessary? May be even give them a tax credit for it?

Every profession has its bad apples; doesn't make it right to dismiss the entire occupation as useless. How about the people that say police is useless share their perfect, noble, without fault occupations?
This is why we can't have nice discussions. I think there is a psycological term for this sort of thing, but it escapes me now. Creating a non-existent point or situation in an effort to try to make the other party in a conversation feel wrong. I feel like I just read about this, but it escapes me now. Anyway, lame. Why do this?

Originally Posted by bobb126
you guys are right, all cops are pieces of ****, glad they dont show up when stuff actually gets bad and we need help. hell, I am sure everyone on iclub has plenty of rifle and handgun experience and buys enough weapons to take justice into their own hands. oh wait, they think they do.
Feel better now? It seems really strange to me how some people react to "cop hate." I personally do not understand why you wouldn't just shake your head and let it roll off. Who cares? Maybe they met a bad apple - and who are you to make less of their experience??? Maybe they are a bad apple themselves and they have a lot to learn - but the point is - why so mad?????? Everyone has their battles.

And - back on topic people. This is not about cop hate or putting those that speak less than highly of LEOs in a pillory. This is about someone that made a pretty bad mistake, was most likely just complacent in his workplace, and probably is dealing with some pretty serious stuff right now.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:24 PM
I survived the Mod Challenge and all I got was this lousy title

Car Info: ...zeh car drives you!
Originally Posted by wombatsauce
This is why we can't have nice discussions. I think there is a psycological term for this sort of thing, but it escapes me now. Creating a non-existent point or situation in an effort to try to make the other party in a conversation feel wrong. I feel like I just read about this, but it escapes me now. Anyway, lame. Why do this?
I am sure there is a psychological term for any and every behavior in this world. I was partly sarcastic and partly trying to relate the situation back to individuals that were expressing unfair/judgmental opinion. Yes, this situation sucks, I hope both parties recover...yes, that officer needs to be accountable for his actions...no, the entire police force (nor any profession) does not deserve a general vilification. That was my point, I might not have done it as eloquently and succinctly as possible, oh well this is teh internetz...
Old 12-10-2012, 11:37 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
I am sure there is a psychological term for any and every behavior in this world. I was partly sarcastic and partly trying to relate the situation back to individuals that were expressing unfair/judgmental opinion. Yes, this situation sucks, I hope both parties recover...yes, that officer needs to be accountable for his actions...no, the entire police force (nor any profession) does not deserve a general vilification. That was my point, I might not have done it as eloquently and succinctly as possible, oh well this is teh internetz...
Thank you for taking the time to explain. Makes sense.

Old 12-11-2012, 12:59 AM

Car Info: 2011 Spark Silver Sti 4DR

lol i was at oakland airport picking some relatives up and some dumbass stopped right in front of me when i was in the middle of the crosswalk and the light turns red. shti load of ppl so
i get out as soon as possible anyway possible and a female black airport cop comes up to me asks for my dlicense and im explaining to her what i did and y and she says "do u wanna argue with me?" lolol man if i had more time i think i wouldve had fun asking for some witnesses to my defense.

Quick Reply: CHP report: Deputy traveling 107 mph before crash into Impreza