CHP Crackdown Today

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 08:40 AM

Car Info: 2015 WRX
Originally Posted by Overbear
Thats part of my problem with the "text/phone" law, it really was already covered by other laws...

but we all know how this state loves to push laws no mater how ignorant or stupid they are. I so ****ing HATE this state.
That's the same reason I dislike "hate crime" laws, which I believe are simply thoughtcrimes punishing opinion.

The thing is, I love this state, but I hate this state's government. It's the same way I feel about our country, really.
Old 08-12-2009, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by brucelee
I did a hand brake turn in an empty parking lot and a union city cop saw me... Gave me the BIGGEST ear full (which I gladly accepted because I was totally at fault), but then he threatened to take me to jail for reckless driving... And I swear to you that I was going no more then 10mph and turned into a parking spot to a stop.

The lecture was fine, but reckless driving? Really?
Next time do the driving shenanigans completely inside the parking lot. Again I'm not sure, but I think that the reckless driving code won't apply because you're on private property and not on a public road.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:06 AM

Car Info: Forester XTi
Originally Posted by saqwarrior
That's the same reason I dislike "hate crime" laws, which I believe are simply thoughtcrimes punishing opinion.

The thing is, I love this state, but I hate this state's government. It's the same way I feel about our country, really.
If we could clear out 20% of the liberal doushbags in this state (read: all of Berkley, all of SF, and all of Santa Cruz) it might just become a nice state. We need to be more like Texas.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:22 AM

Car Info: Teh Subie
If we could clear out 20% of the liberal doushbags in this state (read: all of Berkley, all of SF, and all of Santa Cruz) it might just become a nice state. We need to be more like Texas.
Thats great & all, but I didnt start this thread to talk POLITICS. Please keep it on topic, if not....start your own thread please? Thanx
Old 08-12-2009, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by STiForFun
Thats great & all, but I didnt start this thread to talk POLITICS. Please keep it on topic, if not....start your own thread please? Thanx
But in the end, thats what it comes down to. Where do you think the orders to push laws, and do "crackdowns" comes from?

That said, I am still all in favor of them cracking down on cell phone use while behind the wheel. I had some dumb slit cut me off yesterday on the way home, because she was talking on the phone not looking where she was going...then she had the audacity to look surprised and hurt when I fliped her off and called her a stupid "C word".
Old 08-12-2009, 09:25 AM

I'm not too sure I agree completely with you on that one. My issue is not with traditional liberals or conservatives -- my problem is with neo-liberalism and neo-conservatism. Pro-totalitarianism, pro-corporatism are the things I dislike.

This is one of my favorite quotes, however: "A lot of the people who call themselves Left I would regard as proto-fascists."
Old 08-12-2009, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by STiForFun
Sorry for the derailing. I hope you do recognize that the best discussions are the ones that transition from topic to topic, though.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:28 AM

But in the end, thats what it comes down to. Where do you think the orders to push laws, and do "crackdowns" comes from?

That said, I am still all in favor of them cracking down on cell phone use while behind the wheel. I had some dumb slit cut me off yesterday on the way home, because she was talking on the phone not looking where she was going...then she had the audacity to look surprised and hurt when I fliped her off and called her a stupid "C word".
I'm sure she was surprised because she had no idea of what it was she did to upset you -- which, in a way, is the worst part of all of that. As a friend of mine said, "If you can't maintain situational awareness while talking on the phone, then you deserve that ticket."
Old 08-12-2009, 09:35 AM

I'm sure she was surprised because she had no idea of what it was she did to upset you -- which, in a way, is the worst part of all of that. As a friend of mine said, "If you can't maintain situational awareness while talking on the phone, then you deserve that ticket."
That and, well I admit I have teh road rage big time. When I was younger (no longer) I would huck batteries at people on the freeway when they cut me off.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:49 AM

That and, well I admit I have teh road rage big time. When I was younger (no longer) I would huck batteries at people on the freeway when they cut me off.
Just road rage, I hope.
Old 08-12-2009, 10:00 AM

Car Info: Teh Subie
Sorry for the derailing. I hope you do recognize that the best discussions are the ones that transition from topic to topic, though.
Thanks for owning up to it. Yeah I know ppl can't help but dorifto off topic, but since I started the thread I felt ok with reminding ppl.

BTW, did anyone notice a larger CHP presence on the roads yesterday? I didnt in my areas.
Old 08-12-2009, 10:04 AM

Car Info: Steel Gray 2006 STi MBP 2012 Impreza Sport
watch out they are pulling people over for tint too. i saw 2 cars that were pulled over with heavy tint on them, one of them was an S5 :yum:

one of the cops that was sitting on his bike was looking at me trying to find a reason to pull me over too
Old 08-12-2009, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by aznboi320
watch out they are pulling people over for tint too. i saw 2 cars that were pulled over with heavy tint on them, one of them was an S5 :yum:

one of the cops that was sitting on his bike was looking at me trying to find a reason to pull me over too

*clue* don't tint your driver or passenger front windows past about 5% (or is it 95%) and you will be ok.
Old 08-12-2009, 10:10 AM

*clue* don't tint your driver or passenger front windows past about 5% (or is it 95%) and you will be ok.
Sadly that's what I thought when I got the minimal tint... which I still get pulled over for about once a year.

I like to think of it as my yearly "tint tax." No biggie, I knew what I was doing when I got the tint done.
Old 08-12-2009, 10:20 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
How many of you that support state oppression of communication eat any food item whilst driving?

Quick Reply: CHP Crackdown Today