CHP Bulletin on Enforcement of Exhaust Noise and Systems

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 01:13 PM
banned

Car Info: heel'n toe da hoe...
we always have. I have gotten stopped many times on my Ducati's for being loud....
Old 03-04-2009, 02:19 PM

Car Info: LGT STI
Originally Posted by Choku Dori
WOW, didn't know bikes get hassled for loud pipes too now
we get it bad! Ive been thanked for pulling over before cause a lot of bikes just take off when the red and blue lights come on.

The best time was when I was going 25mph on 17th in Santa Cruz and a CHP goin the other way swung his car around in the middle of the intersection to come get me. AND WHAT DID HE CITE ME FOR? INCORRECTLY MOUNTED LICENSE PLATE!!! I laughed when he said it and asked him if this was the biggest thing going on in town that he had to make sure I was mounting my license plate correctly. He told me it was for my own good. "Im doin you a favor!" hate em!
Old 03-04-2009, 02:54 PM

Car Info: GT35R, Meth
thank god for borla hush
Old 03-04-2009, 03:04 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
I<3subie and youpers: so do Harleys get away with super loud pipes?
Old 03-04-2009, 08:26 PM

thats a sore subject Dori
Old 03-04-2009, 10:01 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
Originally Posted by youpers
thats a sore subject Dori
Why am I not surprised
Old 03-04-2009, 10:07 PM

Car Info: 2016 WRX, 2014 lifter forester XT, 2005 JDM207 WGN
so i have a muffler my car is ok lol
Old 03-05-2009, 07:23 AM

Car Info: Forester XTi
I got pulled over while riding my motorcycle (gsf1200 4-2-1 header & small 2 bros pipe) for it being too loud. I had an argument with him about how I made it loud because of the many times I get cut off because people dont see me. HE GAVE ME THE TICKET ANYWAY! I had a SCPD motorcop I know sign it off without having to change anything because he AGREED WITH ME, its safer!! I hate CHP! Replace them with traffic cameras!!
Bull****!

Let me tell you now, as a experienced driver of 24 years behind the wheel, loud pipes do not "get my attention" and when they are in front of me they just make me want to ram the idiot with them off the road. Its bull**** that motorcycles think they should get special treatment.

Now to the rest of you *****ing about the CHP/Cops... if you get a ticket its because YOU BROKE THE ****ING LAW. The cop is doing his job, you are the one in the wrong not him.
Old 03-05-2009, 07:32 AM

Car Info: WRB '08 WRX 5 Door
I had a city cop "try" to pull me over yesterday...he was going the other way in heavy traffic...he didn't make it... i may have been a little over the speed limit.

cops are kinda funny now...
Old 03-05-2009, 08:44 AM
i-Club Sympathizer

Car Info: 1969 BMW R75/5 & Work Whip
I might be in the minority, but I also don't agree that loud pipes save lives. Sorry kids.

I read some of the memo, but still have a question - the SRT4 has no muffler so it can or can not be cited? Dodge done sold an illegal system? I ask because its the only car I can think of off the bat stock without, not because its fastar.
Old 03-06-2009, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by Overbear
Bull****!

Let me tell you now, as a experienced driver of 24 years behind the wheel, loud pipes do not "get my attention" and when they are in front of me they just make me want to ram the idiot with them off the road. Its bull**** that motorcycles think they should get special treatment.

Now to the rest of you *****ing about the CHP/Cops... if you get a ticket its because YOU BROKE THE ****ING LAW. The cop is doing his job, you are the one in the wrong not him.
WOW buddy , you obviously don't ride a motorcycle. Ive encountered drivers like you on the road. I had someone like you swerve to hit me the other day when I was splitting lanes (SPITTING LANES NOT AGAINST THE @&%$ing LAW) even though people like you feel since cars cant do it bikes shouldn't either. Tell ya what guy, bikes and cars must share the road I agree, however they are not the same with regards to bike vs car. If a guy like you who feels the need to "ram" a bike because you feel he needs extra privileges, actually does ram a bike, it isn't going to be just a fender bender. Most often it results in a motorcyclist fatality. Plane and simple, bikes are smaller than cars, therefore they are harder to see and i think we can all agree there are a lot of really bad drivers out there regardless of what they drive. So if there is ANY chance a loud pipe is safer than I will be using one. Lastly I think you have made yourself very clear that you do actually see bikes with loud pipes, so in a way thanks for supporting my argument.
Old 03-06-2009, 08:32 PM

WOW buddy , you obviously don't ride a motorcycle. Ive encountered drivers like you on the road. I had someone like you swerve to hit me the other day when I was splitting lanes (SPITTING LANES NOT AGAINST THE @&%$ing LAW) even though people like you feel since cars cant do it bikes shouldn't either. Tell ya what guy, bikes and cars must share the road I agree, however they are not the same with regards to bike vs car. If a guy like you who feels the need to "ram" a bike because you feel he needs extra privileges, actually does ram a bike, it isn't going to be just a fender bender. Most often it results in a motorcyclist fatality. Plane and simple, bikes are smaller than cars, therefore they are harder to see and i think we can all agree there are a lot of really bad drivers out there regardless of what they drive. So if there is ANY chance a loud pipe is safer than I will be using one. Lastly I think you have made yourself very clear that you do actually see bikes with loud pipes, so in a way thanks for supporting my argument.
1)Use to ride all the time, stopped because too many riders are ****ing tards
2)Lane splitting is not against the law, I know that, under 40mph, if you do it when traffic is going any faster you are breaking the law.
3)loud pipes are still illegal, you are breaking the law, and I hope you get pulled over and ticketed for it every time a cop sees you. Bikes do not get special treatment, you must obey the same laws we car drivers do.

I have zero respect for riders like you, your a punk. You think you deserve special treatment and its crap.
Old 03-07-2009, 05:34 PM

hahahaha, yeah well your gay hahahaha
Old 03-07-2009, 07:45 PM
banned

Car Info: heel'n toe da hoe...
No offence and all.. but just pointing this out... How does a guy with Barney for his Avatar tell someone their gay?

j/k
Old 03-08-2009, 07:53 AM

How does the fact I am homosexual, have any bearing what so ever on this topic?

Kid, you seriously need to grow the hell up.

Quick Reply: CHP Bulletin on Enforcement of Exhaust Noise and Systems