CHP Aircraft DO Exist. I Got A Ticket! Altamont Pass!

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 09:40 AM

Car Info: 328i
a friend got cited for speeding on I280 S near farm hill road.. both the ground officer and the pilot showed up at the trial

i also saw CHP aircraft flying low over I5 S coming back from thunderhill this past weekend

CHP aircraft definitely do exist.. watch your speed guys!

and to the OP definitely sign up for ticketassassin and do a trial by written declaration. you don't forfeit any of your rights by doing so (ie you can still get a court trial.. and you can still go to traffic school). stick to the facts, use the recommended statements from ticketassassin and cross your fingers

good luck
Old 05-27-2008, 09:01 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
I just got one on 5 coming home from OR. The officer was actually really polite and such which is a first for me. He pulled over another car at the same time as me. By the time he was done with the ticket (~25 min) there were 6 other cars pulled over by 3 cruisers and 2 bikes there.

The officer told me that he did not clock me, get me on radar and had no idea how fast I was going. He said aircraft clocked me at 85mph, only once and did not confirm - he said this was "odd" since they usually clock twice and confirm. When he came up to my car the first thing he said was "What car is this?" to which I replied with the make/model and he finished writing the ticket. I wonder if I can do trial by written declaration up north.

Incidentally I had the cruise set around 65-70mph as I was tired from driving for the last 6 hours. I guess I coulda sped up a little coming down the hill, but 85 would have been an indicated 90mph on my car, and I am sure I did not go that fast. No worries.