Check out my new shirt

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2006, 01:43 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Check out my new shirt

Never forget, May 1st 1994, the day we lost the greatest F1 driver ever.

-Gagan
Old 04-13-2006, 01:56 PM

Car Info: '06 RBP Impreza 2.5i
I was seriously expecting a "Gagan Dude" shirt, but that's cool!
Old 04-13-2006, 02:23 PM
Old School

Originally Posted by kitsune713
I was seriously expecting a "Gagan Dude" shirt, but that's cool!
I honestly need to make some of those
Old 04-13-2006, 04:22 PM

Car Info: WRX STi
Originally Posted by joltdudeuc

Never forget, May 1st 1994, the day we lost the greatest F1 driver ever.

-Gagan
I see that Schumacher equalled Senna's last remaining record, the pole position record, in Bahrain.....it took him nearly twice the amount of races to do it though.

I think Schumi has a case for being the greatest ever.
Old 04-13-2006, 04:29 PM
This Guy Can Hella Draw!

Car Info: '14 MBP FXT | '03 WW Evo VIII
I honestly need to make some of those
Who do I paypal? gagan in the 22b FTW.
Old 04-13-2006, 10:55 PM
Old School

Originally Posted by mudman
I see that Schumacher equalled Senna's last remaining record, the pole position record, in Bahrain.....it took him nearly twice the amount of races to do it though.

I think Schumi has a case for being the greatest ever.
I have to think of it this way:

Schumacher didn't seem to have to fight very hard for his wins. I don't think the competition was strong enough through the years to give him a really hard battle every time.

Schumacher is also, or was in his early years, an extremely poor sport. He tried running people off the road to stop them from beating him, and this one incident with Villenuve that year Villenuve was champion was when Schumacher was like a 3 or 4 time champion already. That's completely disgusting.

I've heard of a race where Senna stopped to help a driver out who I think crashed. I mean, who the hell today would give up a race to help another driver out in a wreck. Senna did hold that record in way less races. Senna, a 3 time world champion, had as many car problems as Kimi does today, and he STILL took a couple championships. I don't think Schumacher is as great, or as good as Senna would have probably have become. Schumacher, although an awesome driver, and definitely 7 time champ, had a lot of luck with a good lack of proper competition.

-Gagan
Old 04-14-2006, 02:16 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 05' Evo 8
Senna was a hero to many. He gave countless dollars to charities. I truly think that Senna is and was just a good of a driver as schumacher. But as a person, i think Senna tops Schumacher by more than a few milliseconds of a lap time.
Old 04-14-2006, 07:14 AM

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX sedan
I am speculating but think that had Senna lived, he was still in his prime and would eventually have bested Schumacher in similar equipment. I don't think he would have needed a car that was superior to get the driver's championship, just competitive. Even among the new crop of younger drivers winning races such as Fernando Alonso, they are very good but do not seem to have the same freakish ability to drive the vehicle at the limit under all conditions, including rain. Senna was also better at difficult passing and could do so much better than the banzai reckless passes of Montoya today.

I think that Senna is the best of the 'modern' era of Grand Prix drivers but Juan Manuel Fangio held that title for a long, long time. I saw a brief tribute to Fangio in the late 1980s at Laguna Seca, where they allowed him to drive an old Grand Prix car of his era (the 1950s), and he did not just putter around the track like an old man, but was winding out the revs to red line. His lap times fell as he warmed up the engine and tires and became more used to the track. He probably pushed that vintage iron to about 8/10ths and never put a wheel wrong while he was out there.

EDIT: Beautiful shirt, Gagan.

--
0==WW==0
"…axles of evil…" - george w. bush
Old 04-14-2006, 09:09 AM

Car Info: 96' GF w/EJ205
Gagan I agree with you totaly on this, I am a HUGE senna fan. He raced in an era with a lot of greats. In all fairness however I have to say that Senna was not always without faults. He and Prost had a couple of tussles in 89-90 taking each other out. One of them being Prost's fault the other Senna's.

I have to think of it this way:

Schumacher didn't seem to have to fight very hard for his wins. I don't think the competition was strong enough through the years to give him a really hard battle every time.

Schumacher is also, or was in his early years, an extremely poor sport. He tried running people off the road to stop them from beating him, and this one incident with Villenuve that year Villenuve was champion was when Schumacher was like a 3 or 4 time champion already. That's completely disgusting.

I've heard of a race where Senna stopped to help a driver out who I think crashed. I mean, who the hell today would give up a race to help another driver out in a wreck. Senna did hold that record in way less races. Senna, a 3 time world champion, had as many car problems as Kimi does today, and he STILL took a couple championships. I don't think Schumacher is as great, or as good as Senna would have probably have become. Schumacher, although an awesome driver, and definitely 7 time champ, had a lot of luck with a good lack of proper competition.

-Gagan
Old 04-14-2006, 09:19 AM

Car Info: 2016 WRX, 2014 lifter forester XT, 2005 JDM207 WGN
cool sgirt man
Old 04-14-2006, 11:23 AM

Car Info: 1.8L FWD
just too bad i didn't watch and was too young to watch F1 in those days. it's just too bad i can't give any inputs about senna because all i've heard about him is from reading what he did and not watching a grand prix and judging. speaking of which any place to download old f1 races?
Old 04-14-2006, 05:06 PM

Car Info: GT35R, Meth
not to mention the work he did developing the nsx
Old 04-14-2006, 07:33 PM

Car Info: Rau's 94 Impreza L sedan
where did u find that?
Old 04-14-2006, 07:58 PM
Old School

Originally Posted by verc
not to mention the work he did developing the nsx
say what?
Old 04-14-2006, 11:14 PM

Car Info: GT35R, Meth
say what?
was he not one of the two F1 drivers Honda tasked with test driving the NSX during development? Maybe that was some other guy then, my bad

Quick Reply: Check out my new shirt