Check Engine Light!

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 10:51 AM

Car Info: Hybrid
Originally Posted by Gibz
Lol I see you post this so many times but its like people are blind to your post
No. I see it. My friend Paul lives closer to me, so he'll help me unless he gets tied down w/ some work obligation. In that case, I will definitely drive down to Fremont and have this kind sir scan my car...
Old 06-23-2011, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by buzzword
Off-topic to the OP - do you want a matching Zero/Sports oil cap? I almost promise it won't give you another CEL...
Are you selling it, or giving it to me out of the kindness of your heart? LMK
Old 06-23-2011, 11:24 AM

Car Info: '11 White Shelby Cobra GT 500
Wasn't really singling you out it just happened to be in your thread at the time. Just made me laugh as I think I have seen this posted numerous times.

Originally Posted by SubyWrxGuy
No. I see it. My friend Paul lives closer to me, so he'll help me unless he gets tied down w/ some work obligation. In that case, I will definitely drive down to Fremont and have this kind sir scan my car...
Old 06-23-2011, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by Gibz
Wasn't really singling you out it just happened to be in your thread at the time. Just made me laugh as I think I have seen this posted numerous times.
Fer sure! It's all gravy!
Old 06-23-2011, 02:49 PM

Car Info: '02 PSM WRX
Originally Posted by CaliSuby
do the dealerships pull them for free also? I live in near the Santa Cruz Subaru..wondering if they do it for free?
Nope, I stopped by one to see if I could get it pulled, and they told me $120 to pull it and tell me what it means, $90 to just pull it and tell me the code.

I said "Are you kidding? For $100 I can get one that has all the codes in it and tell me what it means, or for $50 get one that just tells me the code" So, I did just that. It's always in my car now.
Old 06-23-2011, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by STi-owns-evo
Nope, I stopped by one to see if I could get it pulled, and they told me $120 to pull it and tell me what it means, $90 to just pull it and tell me the code.

I said "Are you kidding? For $100 I can get one that has all the codes in it and tell me what it means, or for $50 get one that just tells me the code" So, I did just that. It's always in my car now.
Wow! Screw that! I used to have a friend in the parts department who would use his employee discount for anything i bought which shaved an 30% off retail, but if i couldn't get a good deal i don't think i would have ever done business with them! That's astronomical! Did you laugh in his face or what?
Old 06-23-2011, 03:12 PM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
Wow! Screw that! I used to have a friend in the parts department who would use his employee discount for anything i bought which shaved an 30% off retail, but if i couldn't get a good deal i don't think i would have ever done business with them! That's astronomical! Did you laugh in his face or what?
Do you know how much it costs to get good dealer level diagnostic equipment? They're also a business and have to pay rent and employees plus have you ever pulled a code for free for a customer and then the customer wants to sit there and bug you for 20mins trying to get a fix, cause etc for it. Not to mention soon as you say "Pay for my time or I cant", you suddenly get a bad yelp review.

Lets be real no one likes to work for free and businesses certainly cant survive that way. Instead of getting mad at people charging their fees just buy your own 50$ scanner. problem solved.

Ever heard of a doctor that will diagnose your health free of cost?
Old 06-23-2011, 03:31 PM

I was commenting on STi-owns-Evo's comment!

What is your deal brah? You got some beef against me?! Wanna go or something? You have a negative themed comment to most of my posts you sticking troll! Do me a favor and leave me alone!

The problem is pretty much solved! And no I don't need to go spend $50 cuz i know someone who cares okay?!

P.S. If you wanna throw down just LMK okay bud
Old 06-23-2011, 03:47 PM

Car Info: 00 BRP 2.5RS Sold = 04 SRR WRX Wagon, 06 AW STI :(
This: http://www.amazon.com/Soliport-Bluet...uct/B004KL0I9I

And 'Torque' app for iphone/android and you have a cheap and useful scan tool. I use it for quick clears at work
Old 06-23-2011, 03:53 PM

^ Good suggestion! If only I had a "smart" phone and not a "dumb" phone
Old 06-23-2011, 03:54 PM

Car Info: '02 PSM WRX
I think I was in so much shock, as well as outrage (that they would rape their customers this way) that I couldn't even laugh. I just left.

Last edited by STi-owns-evo; 06-23-2011 at 03:56 PM.
Old 06-23-2011, 03:55 PM

Car Info: 2005 WRX
I got a scanner as well. Let me if you need the code read. I'm friends with Paul as well.
Old 06-23-2011, 04:18 PM
Former Sponsor

Car Info: WRX, EVO, MSP3
We have a couple of scanners here and have never charged for pulling a CEL for anyone so if anyone ever needs a code pulled just swing by.
Old 06-23-2011, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by STi-owns-evo
I think I was in so much shock, as well as outrage (that they would rape their customers this way) that I couldn't even laugh. I just left.
Well, you did the right thing! Considering many good people on "i-club" have the willingness to do it for free!
Old 06-23-2011, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by strider327
I got a scanner as well. Let me if you need the code read. I'm friends with Paul as well.
Cool man. A friend of Paul is a mutual friend of mine

Quick Reply: Check Engine Light!