Car broken into in Cupertino + need some glass info

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 10:59 AM

Car Info: 04 wrx psm wagon
Car broken into in Cupertino + need some glass info

So someone decided to break my rear passenger window last night. Nothing was taken had my newly bought passport out on the windshield. there was a break in on the next street over
anyway
should i replace with oem glass or does it not matter?
and anyone got any good recommendations for a glass shop in the south bay?
Old 10-27-2010, 11:47 AM

Car Info: '11 STi 4dr
Hey man, i work as a claims adjuster for insurance claims and get a lot of glass claims. Your insurance company may have a discount on claims that deal with just glass. They will likely use safelite autoglass. 1-800-800-2727. They use Aftermarket glass which is guaranteed to be as good if not better than stock.

My OEM windshield on my 06 WRX was junk, chipped all the time. Replaced it with safelite, and till the day the car went to heaven, the windshield held up great.
Give em a call and see if they have glass for your window. They can also replace it at one of their locations or come out to you to replace it.

Sorry to hear about the douchbaggery man.
Old 10-27-2010, 11:48 AM

Car Info: '11 White Shelby Cobra GT 500
Check around and see if someone is doing a part out. Probably your cheapest bet to get oem glass. Sucks they broke into your car, but good thing they didn't take anything. I have heard of several cars getting broke into lately and I'm sure as the holidays approach more and more break ins will happen :/

Last edited by Gibz; 10-27-2010 at 11:50 AM.
Old 10-27-2010, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by Gibz
Check around and see if someone is doing a part out. Probably your cheapest bet to get oem glass. Sucks they broke into your car, but good thing they didn't take anything. I have heard of several cars getting broke into lately and I'm sure as the holidays approach mire and more break ins will happen :/
Gibz, I'm seeing TONS of break ins and vandalism claims. They have been steadily climbing for a while now. This holiday season is gonna be BAD. Key jobs at the least. If you have a removable faceplate, take it, do not leave ANYTHING visible... i mean even pocket change. I've had claims where someone broke into a car to steal a few quarters...
Old 10-27-2010, 11:57 AM

Car Info: 2002 WRX- MBP
pm'ed OP... i have a rear passenger glass in 1 piece :-)
Old 10-27-2010, 11:58 AM

Yeah as times get tougher the crimes go up. I keep full coverage on every car because you never know. I also don't leave anything of value in the car, that just gives them more reason to hit your car.

To the OP wonder if they got spooked so I would take out the valuables in case they come back.
Old 10-27-2010, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by cueballsi
wow... Badass... this forum rocks
Old 10-27-2010, 12:01 PM

w00t!! There ya go!

Originally Posted by cueballsi
Old 10-27-2010, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by Gibz
Yeah as times get tougher the crimes go up. I keep full coverage on every car because you never know. I also don't leave anything of value in the car, that just gives them more reason to hit your car.

To the OP wonder if they got spooked so I would take out the valuables in case they come back.
I have full coverage too but the officer said insurance companies sometimes like to raise rates,

on a side note the subi has since been moved into my garage, sad part is car has been garaged since day 1 but was left out last night since I ran over some dog**** (my luck right?). anyway im kind of surprised how Santa Clara Sherrifs responded, I expected to wait all day and just get a measly report with nothing done, but an officer was at my house within 20 minutes of me calling and promptly lifted finger prints (they got about 3 possibles) and got a few cigarrette butts from my driveway (no one in my house or surrounding houses smokes). They also got prints of the car break in a few houses down and got video of someone using their stolen credit card.
Old 10-27-2010, 12:45 PM

oh and anyone know if 02-03sedan rear passenger windows work with the 04 wagon?

nvm I think i found my answer looks like its not gonna work

Last edited by mtbrider; 10-27-2010 at 12:49 PM.
Old 10-27-2010, 12:48 PM

Car Info: MY00 GC6 BRP
Damn sorry to hear that man, that just sucks to find out one day. Get your guns and bats ready. Glad Iclub has delivered once again and helped u out.
Old 10-27-2010, 12:52 PM

Ya some companies raise rates some dont that's why I suggested seeing if there was a part out for cheaper means. I generally never use insurance company for just glass unless more damage was done.

Good they got some evidence so they can go after the crooks.

Last edited by Gibz; 10-27-2010 at 12:55 PM.
Old 10-27-2010, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by pho_shizzle
Damn sorry to hear that man, that just sucks to find out one day. Get your guns and bats ready. Glad Iclub has delivered once again and helped u out.
speaking of guns I do have a 10/22 and a 9mm handgun but I think its time to get a shotgun
Old 10-27-2010, 12:54 PM

insurance rates DO go up if #1 you personally have a large number of claims, even not at fault as a vandalism, or #2 if there is an increasing number of comprehensive claims in your zip code. Your area can become known as a high risk area which will raise everyone's rates in the area. Takes quite a few over a good while, but it is one of the reasons you see your rates go up sometimes without having filed any claims yourself.
Old 10-27-2010, 01:26 PM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
Ive always had my windows replaced from the guy that now operates next to the pick n pull off 13th st. Never had any complaints and his prices are dirt cheap. I forget the name of the shop though and he deals in cash.

Quick Reply: Car broken into in Cupertino + need some glass info