Capitol Subaru basically told me to GFY lol

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 04:26 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by chimchimm5
So my 2006, which I bought in Feb of 2006, which has 88k miles, is "low"? I wish my insurance thought so.
insurance calls 12,000 miles a year average. Which is on the low side of reality.

You are averaging about 12,500 miles a year.... that would mean that you have AVERAGE mileage on your car and therefore should be getting an average insurance rate.

Now if your car was purchased in say march of 2005 you'd be closer to 11,000 miles a year and could probably adjust your insurance accordingly.

Man when did I become an insurance adjuster.
Old 01-24-2013, 04:27 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by bugeye829
It's definitely just average. hell i had already passed 115k before the end of '06 in my 02 wrx.
Yeah. It's unfortunate that we're still on a scale of average that doesn't reflect reality. In today's economy more people are forced to commute great distances in order to own a home or rent a reasonable house for their family.

In reality the state of california average is probably more like 15-18k. But what do they care. Hell in the bay area its quite common to see cars for sale or on lots as trade ins with 30k a year averages. I know that's where I was 3 years into owning my car.
Old 01-24-2013, 06:19 PM

Car Info: 2013 Wrx hatchback,06 Yamaha R1
Originally Posted by slow04wrx
Dealers are scumbags and so are the people who work at them. We should make dealer employees state their jobs on their avatar title.

Yeah Capitol subaru is a bunch of ***got idiots, listing brz's at 35. Just shows what kind of dealership they really are.

Eat my feces capitol
That's why they're called stealerships
Old 01-24-2013, 06:43 PM

Car Info: '02 PSM WRX
I've been lucky and never needed warranty work done while I was in the warranty period. However, because SoA denied the claim (whether it's by Capitol's influence or not) can you go to another dealership, like Carlsen or Santa Cruz and try the claim again?

I know it may not be worth the time, but just for the knowledge.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:35 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by STi-owns-evo
I've been lucky and never needed warranty work done while I was in the warranty period. However, because SoA denied the claim (whether it's by Capitol's influence or not) can you go to another dealership, like Carlsen or Santa Cruz and try the claim again?

I know it may not be worth the time, but just for the knowledge.
Soa is end all be all. Once review is done its done.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:15 PM

Car Info: 02 PSM Impreza WRX
Had terrible experience with the dealership as well. Gave me wrong diagonistic and I had to pay for labor for tear down -.- car still not running.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:39 PM
Retired War Hero

Car Info: .gifs
Originally Posted by Brfatal
OP, do you have a turbo heatshield on? If not, that CAN cause problems.
The turbo heat shield goes over the turbo mostly to reduce heat-soak to the top mount intercooler. Nothing shields the bottom of the turbo besides a nice and hot, poorly made up-pipe, while a brittle inlet enters the front of the turbo (no shields there either). The lack of a turbo heat shield will not affect a passenger side valve cover. Aftermarket manifold, header, or up-pipe may as those typically lack metal heat shields and are larger in diameter and in [arguably] closer proximity to the valve covers.

Now shut your ***** mouth.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:26 PM

Car Info: 04 impreza wrx R.I.P Daniel Wentz JOEBOBBUCKET
btw, He has those following mods.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:35 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by xhengmanx
btw, He has those following mods.
And it's also already been said he just installed the manifold and while installing it he found the valve cover gasket leaking.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:40 PM
Retired War Hero

Car Info: .gifs
Originally Posted by bluwrxwgn
And it's also already been said he just installed the manifold and while installing it he found the valve cover gasket leaking.
this.

Old 01-24-2013, 11:30 PM

Car Info: 2011 WRX Sedan
I dont see why xhengmanx feels the need to side with capitol subaru on this one and continue to go against me? it has absolutely nothing to do with you so why try and go against a fellow icluber for no personal gain?
Old 01-25-2013, 11:43 AM

Car Info: '01 GC8 & '96 OBS
Originally Posted by BrendanTheGreat
I dont see why xhengmanx feels the need to side with capitol subaru on this one and continue to go against me? it has absolutely nothing to do with you so why try and go against a fellow icluber for no personal gain?
Once you've worked in a dealership, your mindset changes. I've seen a lot of this stuff happen at other dealerships and while I haven't been to Capitol Subaru, I can definitely see that there are two sides to this story and the dealership viewed it completely differently. I feel bad for OP but someone in here said it best "You have to pay to play." I am with Capitol on this one, regardless of the douchebaggery of employee "Victor"
Old 01-25-2013, 12:06 PM

Wink In defence of our guys

Guys come on, you know better! Our techs told us this is the most tuned out car they've EVER seen, and that's saying a lot. You know we try our best to keep the i-Club happy. Your STi and WRX Business has helped me personally out tremendously over the years. If you do that much aftermarket stuff (which I love) the factory is always going to stop the warranty repairs, that's not how they built the car and all of that ties our hands, we have to get the factory to pay us if we repair under warranty, so we can't do anything. Anyway, in the future before anything ever gets ugly, please never hesitate to come and personally see me I'm over in the corner by the front of the store window. Sorry about this one, but don't 86 us for life! We really want to try for 100% satifaction in sales and service for you guys. Thanks for listening.

Jamie
Old 01-25-2013, 12:17 PM

Car Info: 05 wrx wagon, 90 celica alltrac, 66 mustang
/thread
Old 01-25-2013, 12:36 PM

Car Info: MY00 GC6 BRP
Like I said before, stop trying to screw over businesses.

Quick Reply: Capitol Subaru basically told me to GFY lol