Capitol Subaru basically told me to GFY lol

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 12:22 PM

Car Info: MY00 GC6 BRP
It doesn't matter anymore. Theres too much infringing evidence in this thread for you to get a warranty service claim completed. Capitol is probably browsing this thread.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:25 PM

Car Info: 05 wrx wagon, 90 celica alltrac, 66 mustang
Originally Posted by pho_shizzle
It doesn't matter anymore. Theres too much infringing evidence in this thread for you to get a warranty service claim completed. Capitol is probably browsing this thread.
There was enough evidence when he went in and let them look at his car.

Sorry you where treated poorly they could have been nice about it.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:26 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: .
Originally Posted by Shayhan27
I repeat ANY mod on the car will void the warranty.

You install sways and motor blows oh too bad so sad. In extreme cases.
magnuson moss act

http://www.dummies.com/how-to/conten...ty-intact.html

http://www.mlmlaw.com/library/guides...s/undermag.htm

Last edited by Rescuer; 01-23-2013 at 12:35 PM.

Car Info: 2011 WRX Sedan
Originally Posted by Shayhan27;3346071
Magnusson-Moss act?
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
I know its hard for a header back and the time it would take to go back to stock would probably be more costly than to just out of pocket the repair. That being said my advice is.

Go back to stock whenever you go to the dealership for a warranty claim.

The paperwork from SOA on the warranty is very specific about mods and the fact that any I repeat ANY mod on the car will void the warranty.

Sucks that you were treated the way you were. He could have at least looked at it for free, and tried to work with SOA but he didn't.
Not sure what paperwork you read but that's not true. At all.

The warranty paperwork is lengthy. They are required to prove that said modification directly effected the part that failed.

Basically what you are saying is this...

I go out and say... man wagon rear sway bars are crap and the wheel tire combo sucks stock. So I pick up some wheels and tires and a set of sway bars. Then all of a sudden my engine blows a head gasket at 17,000 miles with no other signs of an issue.

I take my car in and they say. Nope. Your car is modified you voided your warranty. That is EXACTLY what you just said.

It's false and your continuing the dispersal of wrong information.

What the reality is this....

I put a sway bar on my car and run stock end links. A month later the stock end link snaps. I take it to the dealer and they say.... nope the claim is denied because the upgraded sway bar directly caused the premature failure of the stock end link.

That is what would happen and what should happen under the contract you sign when you purchase your vehicle and a warranty.

In short.... you're wrong.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:28 PM

Car Info: 2008 wrx sedan
Lol no.....if you have sway bars on your car and your engine blows they are not going to be able to say your warranty is voided or the claim is denied. They would be asking for a lawsuit and loss of customers if they did something that shady.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:30 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by pho_shizzle
Probably is an understatement. Anthony works there. Capitol has already read this thread. LOLZ!

I'm not taking sides on the matter as I was not there. I'm just saying what I know about warranty work and the different ways different dealerships handle this stuff. Some dealerships won't touch your car. You come in and they see a mod... they'll send you on your way. Why? Because they don't want to deal with this kind of stuff.

And I just so happen to have direct knowledge of when the mods were completed and can say with 100% certainty that the headers had nothing to do with the leak.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:31 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by crobb
Lol no.....if you have sway bars on your car and your engine blows they are not going to be able to say your warranty is voided or the claim is denied. They would be asking for a lawsuit and loss of customers if they did something that shady.
Well that is exactly what Shayhan stated.

He said ANY MOD VOIDS YOUR WARRANTY. That is what several people have stated. It's not true for obvious reason. Anyone that spreads that information around is a fool and helping contribute to folks not getting work done under warranty that they have the rights to have done.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:32 PM

Car Info: 2011 WRX Sedan
I know its hard for a header back and the time it would take to go back to stock would probably be more costly than to just out of pocket the repair. That being said my advice is.

The paperwork from SOA on the warranty is very specific about mods and the fact that any I repeat ANY mod on the car will void the warranty.

Sucks that you were treated the way you were. He could have at least looked at it for free, and tried to work with SOA but he didn't.
That again is false information. It does not void your warranty, do research.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:32 PM

Car Info: LUMPY CGM 05 WRX
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Not sure what paperwork you read but that's not true. At all.

In short.... you're wrong.
I accept my wrongness then and agree. It just sucks because it means I have been taken serious advantage of in the past. I wont get into my situation but I did not mean to put out bad info just sharing my experience in which I apparently got taken advantage of, but was too lazy to fight it.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:39 PM

Car Info: 2008 wrx sedan

Well that is exactly what Shayhan stated.

He said ANY MOD VOIDS YOUR WARRANTY. That is what several people have stated. It's not true for obvious reason. Anyone that spreads that information around is a fool and helping contribute to folks not getting work done under warranty that they have the rights to have done.
I was agreeing with you guys in that dealerships can't just void warranty and they can't deny claims through unrelated parts ( sways and motor).

Sorry if my wording was confusing or anything.

Although we do all know that dealerships are dirty dogs that will try and do whatever to not honor warrantys especially with the people with goodies on there cars.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:44 PM

Car Info: MY00 GC6 BRP
Probably is an understatement. Anthony works there. Capitol has already read this thread. LOLZ!

And I just so happen to have direct knowledge of when the mods were completed and can say with 100% certainty that the headers had nothing to do with the leak.
You're right.... "Definitely" is the word. Hah!

The headers might not have had anything to do with the leak, but the earlier modifications do. Too much blow by.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:48 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by crobb
I was agreeing with you guys in that dealerships can't just void warranty and they can't deny claims through unrelated parts ( sways and motor).

Sorry if my wording was confusing or anything.

Although we do all know that dealerships are dirty dogs that will try and do whatever to not honor warrantys especially with the people with goodies on there cars.
Oh I know... I was just adding to your statement.

Old 01-23-2013, 12:55 PM
General Pimpin'

I accept my wrongness then and agree. It just sucks because it means I have been taken serious advantage of in the past. I wont get into my situation but I did not mean to put out bad info just sharing my experience in which I apparently got taken advantage of, but was too lazy to fight it.
It sucks. A lot of places will use words like void. It's just not true. It sounds like your entire warranty is gone and that's just not the case. It's a fear tactic.

Another one that is common is this...

We'll diagnose the issue but it will cost you $2500. (I got one of these and read of one just the other day through LIC on Facebook). So the dealership says we'll diagnose the issue and submit our findings. IF they cover it they'll make the repairs and reimburse your $2500.

So now you're forced to gamble with $2500 that they'll find its a warranty claim. Sometimes its worth it. Sometimes it's not.

It sucks. I try not to be a dealership hater but sometimes it's hard. No fault of the techs. Usually it's the red tape that makes me go... ug. Hell I had my car exclusively maintained at the dealership the first 2 years I had it.

I know without a doubt that if I take my car to GST, LIC, FW or the like that they'll take a look at what's going on and tell me the truth. They'll tell me oh... it's not this it's actually just this. We can fix it quicker and cheaper. Or dude... we can fix it but you might as well do x, y, z instead.

I went to GST with what I thought was a blown motor. I didn't get a $2500 diagnosis bill. What I got was Tommy walking out to my car and diagnosing the issue in about 20 seconds. 2 hours later my car was fixed.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:00 PM
Technical Know-It-All

Car Info: '02 WRX + '15 WRX
I'll state again that this doesn't work the way you imagine it. There are often clear signs of recent tampering or modification. Not to mention it's fraud.

Quick Reply: Capitol Subaru basically told me to GFY lol