Capitol Subaru basically told me to GFY lol

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 10:29 AM
BanHammer™

Car Info: 2001 Forester RS2 SPEC-F
take it to a different dealership and let them know what you have been through?
Old 01-23-2013, 10:31 AM

Car Info: 2011 WRX Sedan
I found the leak while installing the headers. I have proof the headers were not installed when the leak was found.

Either way let me make myself clear.

I am upset at the way the situation was handled. I understand you gotta pay to play. I understand certain modifications will get your warranty claim DENIED, not VOID your warranty. Having your claim denied and having it voided are very different. I am also disgusted at the way Victor treated me and the way he handled the situation. I work in sales and hear customer service complaints all day long and I know victor has a job to do but he was wrong in the way he handled the situation. It was WRONG for him to tell me my warranty was voided without looking under my hood. It was wrong for him to be so damn rude and it was wrong for him to tell me he has the right to deny a warranty claim and not SOA, which is false.

Currently the claim is going up the chain at SOA and I swear to god IF this does not get taken care of and the dealership does not offer to do the repair (a very cheap repair at that) I will BLAST the dealership and EVERYONE involved in the situation for their lack of professionalism in the situation and also providing their customers with FALSE information.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:40 AM

Car Info: 2011 STi Sedan Plasma Blue
Originally Posted by BrendanTheGreat
I found the leak while installing the headers. I have proof the headers were not installed when the leak was found.

Either way let me make myself clear.

I am upset at the way the situation was handled. I understand you gotta pay to play. I understand certain modifications will get your warranty claim DENIED, not VOID your warranty. Having your claim denied and having it voided are very different. I am also disgusted at the way Victor treated me and the way he handled the situation. I work in sales and hear customer service complaints all day long and I know victor has a job to do but he was wrong in the way he handled the situation. It was WRONG for him to tell me my warranty was voided without looking under my hood. It was wrong for him to be so damn rude and it was wrong for him to tell me he has the right to deny a warranty claim and not SOA, which is false.

Currently the claim is going up the chain at SOA and I swear to god IF this does not get taken care of and the dealership does not offer to do the repair (a very cheap repair at that) I will BLAST the dealership and EVERYONE involved in the situation for their lack of professionalism in the situation and also providing their customers with FALSE information.
Did you take your car there for the leakdown test? they might of had record of what was on your car then as well. Also why did you have a leakdown test done?
Old 01-23-2013, 10:42 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!
time to hire a civil rights lawyer?
Old 01-23-2013, 10:43 AM

Car Info: 2011 WRX Sedan
Originally Posted by YFZ450Lynx
Did you take your car there for the leakdown test? they might of had record of what was on your car then as well. Also why did you have a leakdown test done?
No i didnt I took it to a local shop. Because i have a protuned planned and wanted to confirm my car was healthy enough.

Edit: Not worth a lawyer it is a $389 (dealer quote) repair cost. But to them I wonder if its worth the bad exposure they will get if they refuse to handle the situation.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by BrendanTheGreat
No i didnt I took it to a local shop. Because i have a protuned planned and wanted to confirm my car was healthy enough.
ah ok got it.....
Old 01-23-2013, 11:38 AM

Dealers are scumbags and so are the people who work at them. We should make dealer employees state their jobs on their avatar title.

Yeah Capitol subaru is a bunch of ***got idiots, listing brz's at 35. Just shows what kind of dealership they really are.

Eat my feces capitol
Old 01-23-2013, 11:48 AM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Car Info: 2010 Hatch, 2011 Sedan
Take it to Steven's Creek LOL!

I've never had a problem with Captiol or Livermore (bought my car at Livermore). Probably won't go back to Stevens Creek now that Ryan isn't there. To be honest, I took my car to SC for warranty work and they took care of it just fine.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:48 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2010 swp WRX hatch
Originally Posted by slow04wrx
Dealers are scumbags and so are the people who work at them. We should make dealer employees state their jobs on their avatar title.

Yeah Capitol subaru is a bunch of ***got idiots, listing brz's at 35. Just shows what kind of dealership they really are.

Eat my feces capitol
Tell us how you really feel
Old 01-23-2013, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by 04GG
Take it to Steven's Creek LOL!

I've never had a problem with Captiol or Livermore (bought my car at Livermore). Probably won't go back to Stevens Creek now that Ryan isn't there. To be honest, I took my car to SC for warranty work and they took care of it just fine.
What are you talking about? Steven's Freak Subaru is the best!
Old 01-23-2013, 11:54 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by norcalbmxer4u
Tell us how you really feel
LOL!

We bought our Forester at Capital off Ryan. He was a good salesman. We went back and forth with them and Stevens Creek until we got a price we liked. Was a very good price. The finance guy at Capital was pretty shady and a very good salesman. Got me in a couple places I shouldn't have caved on. But we walked out with 120k warranty and a pretty good service plan that's been nice so far. Damn car reaks of oil though. There has to be something wrong with it. Burns oil like a **** and the 7500 mile intervals are B.S.!

I'll tell you right now that if we were not in the situation we were in and had the time to let Santa Cruz find the color combo we wanted we would have went there. Santa Cruz is hands down the best dealership I've encountered.

Capital sold a car that I was on my way to go look at. I set up an apt. and drove an hour out there to look at it only to find out they sold it the day before. B.S.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:57 AM

Car Info: 2003 WRX Wagon EJ25
Going all crazy on dealerships isnt necessary they are a business and like any business times are hard. Most of you saw someone trying to sell a 22b for 40k its just the way the world works (At least 'MURCIA) supply and demand. There is a low supply of BRZs and a high demand so yes they can ask 35k for it.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:08 PM

Car Info: 2018 Tacoma TRD PRO
Dam 35k You can pick up a 2008 BMW e90 M3 with under 60k for that price!

Originally Posted by runboyrun
Going all crazy on dealerships isnt necessary they are a business and like any business times are hard. Most of you saw someone trying to sell a 22b for 40k its just the way the world works (At least 'MURCIA) supply and demand. There is a low supply of BRZs and a high demand so yes they can ask 35k for it.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:11 PM

Car Info: MY00 GC6 BRP
Originally Posted by runboyrun
I already stated at 40k is cheap. But seeing his mileage, its about fair. The 22B I inspected was 6 figures......
Old 01-23-2013, 12:20 PM

Car Info: LUMPY CGM 05 WRX
I know its hard for a header back and the time it would take to go back to stock would probably be more costly than to just out of pocket the repair. That being said my advice is.

Go back to stock whenever you go to the dealership for a warranty claim.

The paperwork from SOA on the warranty is very specific about mods and the fact that any I repeat ANY mod on the car will void the warranty.

You install sways and motor blows oh too bad so sad. In extreme cases.

Sucks that you were treated the way you were. He could have at least looked at it for free, and tried to work with SOA but he didn't.

Quick Reply: Capitol Subaru basically told me to GFY lol