9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Originally Posted by johndabrit
You're playing the "just the tip" game. Haha
Originally Posted by pho_shizzle
In!! OPEN THE CURTAINS!
Old 01-23-2013, 09:03 AM

Car Info: 1.8L FWD
Do you believe Rich totally understands what exactly modified means? Rich is a customer service representative for SOA...
Old 01-23-2013, 09:09 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2010 swp WRX hatch
Yeah. Realistically, victor may have had a bad attitude, but SOA isnt there to look at the car... if victor says your claim is bs, why would SOA think hes lying?

I agree that it should be covered, but it is plausible that a missing heat shield could cause extra heat to mess up the vcg...

Lucky for you, we have some awesome local vendors that can do the work right without worry of dealership bs.

Sorry to hear you got screwed, but we all understand the risk that comes with modifying a car while its under warranty...
Old 01-23-2013, 09:16 AM

Car Info: 2011 WRX Sedan
Originally Posted by JZ oo7
Do you believe Rich totally understands what exactly modified means? Rich is a customer service representative for SOA...
Yes he was a very knowledgeable guy.

Originally Posted by norcalbmxer4u
Yeah. Realistically, victor may have had a bad attitude, but SOA isnt there to look at the car... if victor says your claim is bs, why would SOA think hes lying?

I agree that it should be covered, but it is plausible that a missing heat shield could cause extra heat to mess up the vcg...

Lucky for you, we have some awesome local vendors that can do the work right without worry of dealership bs.

Sorry to hear you got screwed, but we all understand the risk that comes with modifying a car while its under warranty...
Victor was giving me false information saying my warranty was void which is not correct. If my claim had been handle the correct way and was declined I wouldn't be so pissed but it wasn't. He said my warranty was VOID without even looking in the damn engine bay, the continued to say i was wrong about my knowledge of warranty and that is was in fact void and not declined.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:34 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by norcalbmxer4u

the way the dealership rep approaches a claim can have a huge effect on the end product of the claim...

example.

My car had about 95k on it. Blew the turbo. Dealership say yeah we'll fix it. SOA says... no way man. I had a 100k warranty.

back and forth back and forth. The dealership worked hard for me. Finally it came down to 1 oil change gap being too large. So I had to provide a receipt for a purchase of oil in that date range. Did it. Serviced.

By this time I had like 105k on it. I ended up with a power steering pump, a turbo, a water pump... all paid for under warranty past the mileage because I started the claim earlier and I had a paper trail saying I'd been complaining of things long before the 100k.

I was modified.

So if the dealership had treated me this way and said... dude your car is modified blah blah blah. You're hosed. GTFO. What would have happened?

They wouldn't have fought for me so SOA wouldn't have listened. No one would have done the work and I eventually would have been forced to do it myself or do it at a gst.

I think what he's saying is it really isn't the dealerships place to make that judgement... especially without opening the hood. For all they knew he just had suspension wheels and an exhaust. That would have nothing to do with the warranty on the valve covers.

I don't think he's disagreeing in that maybe they're right... the mods contributed... which would invalidate this particular claim... no his warranty all together.

To me... seems like the dealership could have handled it wrong. Bottom line... they take a look. Pass the info on to SOA. Maybe they say yes maybe they say no. Either way you treat the customer right and maybe he says.... yeah go ahead and fix it. So guess what... treat the customer right and you have a car in your bay and a couple hours of billable time. Treat them like **** and they're not gonna have you do it. No billable hours.

Bad business.

Do I know how this all went down first hand. Nope. Just going off what I'm reading and the fact that I really don't see brenden being a dick. The kid is 5'6" and about 130 pounds tops. He's always been very nice when I've talked to him or met him.

Me on the other hand... if the tech came on and said I was being an *******. Totally plausible. LOL!
Old 01-23-2013, 09:35 AM

Car Info: 04 impreza wrx R.I.P Daniel Wentz JOEBOBBUCKET
List of mods on your car would be nice so we all know whats modifed on it right? Like a headerback exhaust system with no heatshields or wrap?
Old 01-23-2013, 09:49 AM

Car Info: Whatever The Lot Provides ;)
Take car to Mann. Pay Gary to fix it. Play whatever cards you feel you hold from there.

Publicly arguing w/ the advisor(s) in earshot of others never helps.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:02 AM
Technical Know-It-All

Car Info: '02 WRX + '15 WRX
Originally Posted by xhengmanx
Like a headerback exhaust system with no heatshields or wrap?
If this is true and the leak is on that side, this is specifically why your coverage was denied.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:08 AM

Car Info: 04 impreza wrx R.I.P Daniel Wentz JOEBOBBUCKET
That is true mr.brfat al
Old 01-23-2013, 10:08 AM

Car Info: 2006 STI
Originally Posted by TheFozz
Take car to Mann. Pay Gary to fix it. Play whatever cards you feel you hold from there.

Publicly arguing w/ the advisor(s) in earshot of others never helps.

Actually publicly arguing with an adviser who is being a ***** within earshot of others can help. For one, it helps possible consumers see the type of customer service they will have to deal with and it can alert a manager to step in and see what he can do to help thus possibly giving you someone who actually has cust service skills and is more willing to work with you to make things right as they see having a happy customer as a priority. Remember without customers the business will fail. Coming from a customer service back ground sadly you have to be nice and treat your customers well (even the arsehole dooshbags) unless you dont care about having repeat business and like to have bad marks against the companies name.
The Adviser shouldn't be trying to argue in the first place if they are doing a proper job of customer service period. I am by no means saying the OP should have argued but when approached by a service advisor the way he described and talked to the way he described it would be hard to not get upset/ have your feathers ruffled and come back with an attitude.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:15 AM

Car Info: 2011 STi Sedan Plasma Blue
Like a headerback exhaust system with no heatshields or wrap?
Originally Posted by Brfatal
If this is true and the leak is on that side, this is specifically why your coverage was denied.
I didn't know he had headers! wow
Old 01-23-2013, 10:21 AM

Car Info: 07lmtd 6spd wrx eq tuned
You gotta pay to play
Old 01-23-2013, 10:21 AM
General Pimpin'

List of mods on your car would be nice so we all know whats modifed on it right? Like a headerback exhaust system with no heatshields or wrap?
I think that header back was literally installed the day he brought it in. And the leak was discovered before he installed it. I saw the photos myself.

No way the headers caused the issue.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:24 AM

Car Info: Miata and dirtbikes
My header only has a coat on it. My dp has no heatshield for years. our cars aren't so delicate you know
Old 01-23-2013, 10:26 AM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by Javirex23
You gotta pay to play
I honestly don't think he's arguing that.

From what I'm reading his issues are this...
1. He felt disrespected in the way he was treated
2. He was told warranty was void before they examined the car or knew what mods were on the car. That means judgement was passed before information was gained therefore skewing the information as it is gained.

I don't think he is saying it's "not" his fault and they should pay for it. He just wanted an honest review of the issue.

Did anyone ask him when the parts were installed and when the leak was noted? Did anyone check to see if it's actually a leaky valve cover or leaking from somewhere else? Does anyone actually have the knowledge in regards to the mods to say they cause said issue if they don't know what said issue is?

Just questions.

Quick Reply: Capitol Subaru basically told me to GFY lol