Capitol Subaru basically told me to GFY lol

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 12:37 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Most heavily modded car ever, interesting statement. Unless you can prove, which you are supposed to do with a tech, that the modifications led to the leak, then you still provide that customer service as if the car was stock.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:42 PM

Car Info: 2015 FXT Stage II
Originally Posted by Jamie Cassady
Guys come on, you know better! Our techs told us this is the most tuned out car they've EVER seen, and that's saying a lot. You know we try our best to keep the i-Club happy. Your STi and WRX Business has helped me personally out tremendously over the years. If you do that much aftermarket stuff (which I love) the factory is always going to stop the warranty repairs, that's not how they built the car and all of that ties our hands, we have to get the factory to pay us if we repair under warranty, so we can't do anything. Anyway, in the future before anything ever gets ugly, please never hesitate to come and personally see me I'm over in the corner by the front of the store window. Sorry about this one, but don't 86 us for life! We really want to try for 100% satifaction in sales and service for you guys. Thanks for listening.

Jamie
Highly doubt this is the "most tuned out car they've ever seen" when they have Hengman's widebody WRX that has a body kit and mods straight out of super street magazine parked in the employee lot sometimes. The sucky part is this guy is stage 2 (TBE/headers/intake) I really don't consider that "super extreme" for our cars but never the less this situation sucks. As said he had the headers on for 1 day.

Last edited by PROcede; 01-25-2013 at 12:52 PM.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:45 PM

Car Info: 2002 Impreza RS, 2005 Impreza RS-20K
Originally Posted by thejordan
The turbo heat shield goes over the turbo mostly to reduce heat-soak to the top mount intercooler. Nothing shields the bottom of the turbo besides a nice and hot, poorly made up-pipe, while a brittle inlet enters the front of the turbo (no shields there either). The lack of a turbo heat shield will not affect a passenger side valve cover. Aftermarket manifold, header, or up-pipe may as those typically lack metal heat shields and are larger in diameter and in [arguably] closer proximity to the valve covers.

Now shut your ***** mouth.
so not looking for the same rebuttal, but i would think the immense amount of heat given off by a turbo would over time be enough to foul plastics, rubber, etc? cuz we all know p[lastic and rubber crack and bulge over time. would a turbo without a heat shield not speed up that process? no, im not confident with my idea, so dont go ape **** on me. lol. just figuering things out
Old 01-25-2013, 12:52 PM

Car Info: 2011 WRX Sedan
Guys come on, you know better! Our techs told us this is the most tuned out car they've EVER seen, and that's saying a lot. You know we try our best to keep the i-Club happy. Your STi and WRX Business has helped me personally out tremendously over the years. If you do that much aftermarket stuff (which I love) the factory is always going to stop the warranty repairs, that's not how they built the car and all of that ties our hands, we have to get the factory to pay us if we repair under warranty, so we can't do anything. Anyway, in the future before anything ever gets ugly, please never hesitate to come and personally see me I'm over in the corner by the front of the store window. Sorry about this one, but don't 86 us for life! We really want to try for 100% satifaction in sales and service for you guys. Thanks for listening.

Jamie
Reread my statement on the first page. It clearly states why I am upset. You guys refused warranty before you even opened the hood of the car, you told me my warranty was void which is NOT TRUE and it is against the law to VOID a warranty. Get your facts straight and stop trying to screw over customers by giving them false information that their warranty is void.

A few months ago you guys had a 2011 sti hatch back with very similar modifications to mine for sale on the lot so dont give me that crap.

Originally Posted by pho_shizzle
Like I said before, stop trying to screw over businesses.
How I'm I trying to screw over a business? I was lied to and told my warranty was void. I'm pretty sure that is the business trying to screw over their customers not the other way around.

Originally Posted by iLoqin
Most heavily modded car ever, interesting statement. Unless you can prove, which you are supposed to do with a tech, that the modifications led to the leak, then you still provide that customer service as if the car was stock.
Exactly.

Originally Posted by PROcede
Highly doubt this is the "most tuned out car they've ever seen" when they have Hengman's widebody WRX that has a body kit and mods straight out of super street magazine park in the employee lot sometimes. The sucky part is this guy is stage 2 (TBE/headers/intake) I really don't consider that "super extreme" for our cars but never the less this situation sucks.
Well said Rob.
Old 01-25-2013, 01:08 PM

Car Info: MY00 GC6 BRP
Originally Posted by BrendanTheGreat
How I'm I trying to screw over a business? I was lied to and told my warranty was void. I'm pretty sure that is the business trying to screw over their customers not the other way around.

Let me re-quote one of my previous posts.

So what is it that you are exactly after.........

Are you after the fact that they had poor customer service and did not follow procedure?

Or are you after getting your car fixed for free under a "warranty" claim" and not paying a cent out of your pocket?

It sounds like you want to bring "justice" to their customer service. But with the additional bonus of your car getting repaired free of charge, no money out of your pockets. So if your car was repaired but they still treated you like crap, would this thread still exist? Would do still try to make such a big deal out of it?

What are you really in for, teaching people better customer service habits............ or just getting your **** fixed that you most likely borked?
Old 01-25-2013, 01:11 PM

Let me re-quote one of my previous posts.

It sounds like you want to bring "justice" to their customer service. But with the additional bonus of your car getting repaired free of charge, no money out of your pockets. So if your car was repaired but they still treated you like crap, would this thread still exist? Would do still try to make such a big deal out of it?

What are you really in for, teaching people better customer service habits............ or just getting your **** fixed that you most likely borked?
How did I most likely bork it? My car has 34k miles on it and I found the leak upon installing my exhaust manifold.

You can leave the thread now

Edit: And yes I would make such a big deal about it because how they handled it was unacceptable.

Last edited by BrendanTheGreat; 01-25-2013 at 01:24 PM.
Old 01-25-2013, 01:17 PM

How did I most likely bork it? My car has 34k miles on it and I found the leak upon installing my exhaust manifold.

You can leave the thread now
Damn you suck at argumentative situations. Take a comm debate class or two.

You found the leak upon installing your exhaust manifold, sure. But the exhaust manifold was not your first mod. What causes a valve cover gasket leak? Why do you feel that it is a factory issue. Is everything factory on your EJ?

Telling me to leave a thread that isn't yours. Jesus christ kid.....You're not helping your rank at all
Old 01-25-2013, 01:17 PM

Car Info: 2008 wrx sedan

Jamie
Fact of the matter is SOA relies on the dealership to make sure modifications did not or did effect a part/problem.
For you guys to say warranty voided whenever you modify a vehicle is not only ILLEGAL but screws over customers.
Your saying I put sway bars on my car and the engine blows up at 30k miles that SOA would say the warranty is no good?!
Old 01-25-2013, 01:22 PM
Retired War Hero

Car Info: .gifs
Originally Posted by 02RS25
so not looking for the same rebuttal, but i would think the immense amount of heat given off by a turbo would over time be enough to foul plastics, rubber, etc? cuz we all know p[lastic and rubber crack and bulge over time. would a turbo without a heat shield not speed up that process? no, im not confident with my idea, so dont go ape **** on me. lol. just figuering things out
it's not enough to cause failure on a newer vehicle. i don't think the ambient temperature difference with/without the shield is measurable from anything more than a foot away.

either way, it doesn't matter because both parties are idiots.
Old 01-25-2013, 01:25 PM

Damn you suck at argumentative situations. Take a comm debate class or two.

You found the leak upon installing your exhaust manifold, sure. But the exhaust manifold was not your first mod. What causes a valve cover gasket leak? Why do you feel that it is a factory issue. Is everything factory on your EJ?

Telling me to leave a thread that isn't yours. Jesus christ kid.....You're not helping your rank at all
And you being an ignorant ***** doesn't help either.
Old 01-25-2013, 01:28 PM

And you being an ignorant ***** doesn't help either.

Pr1ck............. poss1bly.

1gnorant? Far from it aladeen!
Old 01-25-2013, 01:29 PM

Car Info: '01 GC8 & '96 OBS
Originally Posted by PROcede
Highly doubt this is the "most tuned out car they've ever seen" when they have Hengman's widebody WRX that has a body kit and mods straight out of super street magazine parked in the employee lot sometimes. The sucky part is this guy is stage 2 (TBE/headers/intake) I really don't consider that "super extreme" for our cars but never the less this situation sucks. As said he had the headers on for 1 day.
Pretty sure "tuned out" =/= most whp(or mods)

He could have been running a very aggressive tune or something; the statement was too vague.
Old 01-25-2013, 01:31 PM

Someone close this thread its no long relevant and turning into pointless arguments.

My apologies for my harsh attitude towards anyone in this thread.

Good day.
Old 01-25-2013, 02:38 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Originally Posted by brendanthegreat
someone close this thread its no long relevant and turning into pointless arguments.

My apologies for my harsh attitude towards anyone in this thread.

Good day.
this! Is! I-club!!!!
Old 01-25-2013, 02:42 PM

Car Info: Whatever The Lot Provides ;)
Lightbulb

Side note,

Let's say your local Sheriff just pulled you over after you shot-up and went for a drive down the county access road backwards. Do you call 911 and explain you need to first hide the dime bags of coke/meth in the trunk with the 15 blocks of pot because you want things to be cool and sure that they don't say you are doing anything wrong.

Then when the Sherriff and the LEO says yes, you're somewhat wrong here do you proceed to wig out on them calling foul as they sit you down and inspect things and put the cuffs on?

Just saying. [Last post I willingly put in this bad thread.]

Quick Reply: Capitol Subaru basically told me to GFY lol