Capitol Subaru basically told me to GFY lol

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 09:18 PM

Car Info: 2011 WRX Sedan
Capitol Subaru basically told me to GFY lol

Went in today because I noticed a small leak coming from my valve gaskets and wanted to get it checked out. Did lots of research around nazioc and came to the conclusion valve gasket leaks are pretty common in the 08+ and also found that most people were covered under warranty regardless of their modifications. So i made the appointment. Upon getting to the dealership I was greeted by a guy named Victor who was very rude and basically instantly said we will not cover your car because the warranty is void (my car looks heavily modified). I went inside with him to discuss the issue further and he basically said my warranty was "voided", yes he used the word voided multiple times because I had done modifications to my engine (he never even popped the hood to be honest). I kept my cool and tried to plead my case saying warranty cannot be voided only the claim and be denied which gets denied from subaru of america not from them. he then said and i quote "we will not cover the car so you will have to pay for the inspection and we are also able to deny warranty claims" and i was starting to get pissed and said no that is SOAs job. I then asked him what exactly voided the warranty and he went on to name a few parts, intake, bpv ect, and then said exhaust. so i asked well does the spt exhaust void the warranty if not installed by the dealership? he said no and i quote again "because it is designed with an extra muffler and resonator to maintain the stock back pressure levels in the engine and is up to par with CA emissions" i then said catback exhaust has nothing to do with emissions and he shut me down and said hes been working there a long time and it does. so enough was enough i asked for the number to SOA.

Went into the parking lot and called up SOA and spoke to Rich, very nice guy. He basically assured me of what i already knew that the warranty will not be voided only claims will be denied which is infact up to SOA not the dealership...i told him my car was modified and he said dont worry about it i will call them up and try and get you in tonight (around 420pm). he hung up.

five minutes later he called me back saying that everything was good and i can go back now and then will inspect the car and present me with their findings and then report back to SOA and Rich said he would follow up. i then asked "ill be honest with you my car is modified but the only thing they can prove is i flashed the ecu with the cobb accessport, should i take everything off and go back another day?" he then said no dont worry about it just go in and get it inspected.

The car got on their lift at 425pm, i got dropped off at the mall to do some shopping at 5.00pm on the dot i got a call back from Victor stating they found a valve gasket leak on the passenger side but SOA, yes SOA, which closes at 5pm PST, he already got the paperwork and had declined the warranty claim...

so went back to get the car and the receipt basically stated every single modification i had done to the car (even hids and gauges), and then very last sentence reads "removed stock heat shield causing passenger side valve gasket to leak".

Fed up of Victors bull**** i reread the receipt and signed it and went on my way. calling SOA first thing tomorrow to speak to Rich again.

The entire time i was at the dealership Victor was talking down to me (probably because im 5,6 and still very young and look even younger). he kept claiming my warranty had been VOIDED!! yes voided, which we all know is not how it works...if only i had his conversation recorded with his attitude towards me...next time

end rant.

Cliff notes: stay away from capitol if you have ANY mods at all.

Last edited by BrendanTheGreat; 01-24-2013 at 04:35 PM. Reason: Removed rude comment at the end.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:27 PM

Car Info: LUMPY CGM 05 WRX
Seriously a valve cover leak on a two year old car had to be a manufacturer defect. That's crap. Sorry for your experience. Don't go to livermore either lol.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:28 PM

Car Info: 2011 Sti SWP
Yea....they suck.

I wont even go back there to take a shi*..well at least not for service.
Their customer service needs a polish
Old 01-22-2013, 09:31 PM

Car Info: Miata and dirtbikes
why didn't you go to capitola?
Old 01-22-2013, 09:33 PM

Car Info: 04 impreza wrx R.I.P Daniel Wentz JOEBOBBUCKET
Lol, I work there and I heard a very VERY different story.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by xhengmanx
Old 01-22-2013, 09:38 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!

care to share with the rest of the class?
Old 01-22-2013, 09:39 PM
Da Brit.

Car Info: http://tinyurl.com/3vo4362
Subscribed
Old 01-22-2013, 09:40 PM

Car Info: 04 impreza wrx R.I.P Daniel Wentz JOEBOBBUCKET
no thanks. im not a drama llama
Old 01-22-2013, 09:44 PM

Car Info: 2015 FXT Stage II
It was probably one of the techs on here that wrote the work order and listed every mod you had. Kinda lame because even things that are not directly at fault will be blamed.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:48 PM

Car Info: 94 Integra beater: one Slow 3 Series RIP EvoX
so the reason the dealership denied the claim was because the stock heatshield was removed?
sounds plausible that the excess heat could have caused the rubber seals to go bad
But wouldnt they have to prove that your modifications caused the issue to begin with?
SOA should have you covered on this one, as VCG on a 2 yr old car should not go bad.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:48 PM
Da Brit.

Car Info: http://tinyurl.com/3vo4362
no thanks. im not a drama llama
You're playing the "just the tip" game. Haha
Old 01-22-2013, 09:54 PM

Car Info: MY00 GC6 BRP
In!! OPEN THE CURTAINS!
Old 01-22-2013, 09:54 PM

No please share with us. I swear on my mothers grave this is the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

As a matter of a fact I spoke to Victor on the phone prior to making the appointment and i was straight up with him and when he asked i told the truth and said the car was modified which was when he said the warranty is void so the research started.

Never the less the car is 2 years old with 34k miles on it a valve cover should not be a problem on it.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:55 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Huhh. Speak up xheng, you can't leave us hanging. In addition, your story from last time still resonates here. Or maybe it's just perspective that's messin up the balance.
Anywho, your story, his story, then there is the truth. So whatever you say anywho we I is that it wasn't first hand... Or is it?! LoL

Quick Reply: Capitol Subaru basically told me to GFY lol